Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya Paint MS-2 Bright Silver >

Tamiya Paint MS-2 Bright Silver

Tamiya Paint MS-2 Bright Silver

Old 09-25-2005, 10:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Angry Tamiya Paint MS-2 Bright Silver

I bought the Tamiya TA05 with the Mercedes C Class body. The instructions say to use the MS-2 Bright silver spray paint for the body. I am in Melbourne Australia and all of the hobby shops I have spoken to have never heard of it. I couldn't find it listed on the Tamiya USA website either.

Is the PS-41 Bright silver the same?

If not, what is the difference?
Old 09-26-2005, 01:10 AM
Tech Regular

If you are painting the Polycarbonate body, you should be using the PS range paints - not the MS range. The reference to MS-5 is probably for the mirrors etc. The MS paints do no flex and will flake on impact if used to paint the body.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KiwiKid
If you are painting the Polycarbonate body, you should be using the PS range paints - not the MS range. The reference to MS-5 is probably for the mirrors etc. The MS paints do no flex and will flake on impact if used to paint the body.
MS and TS paints are for hard plastics, not polycarbonate. In your case, use PS series for the body (PS-41 Bright Silver). MS and TS will chip off if sprayed on polycarbonate.