Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree5Likes

Old 02-15-2015, 02:00 PM   #91
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-rem View Post
Thanks for answering guys!

Mike, can you please let us know your feelings after testing the car? Compared to your last 1/12 pan car (which was?), what is better with the RR12? How easy is the car (to set up and drive)? Any "weak" points we might care of?

Best regards,
G-rem
The last pan car I had was an AE 5.2, but i hadnt ran pan car in 2 years before I ran at birds so its hard to make any direct comparisons. Once I got the setup where I wanted it, it was very easy to drive, but it was too late for me to get out of the B main by then, but I was very happy with the car when I left snowbirds. Considering I had 0 testing before snowbirds I was overall happy with how I ran, and should be much better for the next race, carpet nats hopefully.

The car has so much adjustability I dont really think it has any weak points as you should be able to change everything until the car works for you. No durability problems either, and I was giving it a workout until I was happy with the setup

I think maybe running the battery inline instead of transverse like I had it would be better for hi grip, but this is still something I need to test.

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:23 PM   #92
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default rr12

how small of a tire can you run on the rear and still have 3mm clearance.how did the car do at snowbirds?
thanks jeff
Old 02-15-2015, 10:07 PM   #93
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

You can run the tires pretty much all the way down to the wheels with BSRs and still have 3.0mm or slightly higher ride height.

I don't remember what this was exactly on tire diameter, but I think I was ruuning 39.3 in the rear on Thursday and the car was still around 3.2mm I think. The tires were at the point they were not very good.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:46 PM   #94
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke68 View Post
how small of a tire can you run on the rear and still have 3mm clearance.how did the car do at snowbirds?
thanks jeff
I ran 40.3mm rears with 3.5mm height and still had plenty of room left. I ended up 4th in the B for 17.5. I had basically no practice before the race and hadnt run 12th in 2 years. Like I said before the car was great once I got the setup right. It was easily an a main car by the end of the week. Im looking for much better things at the roar nats

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:45 PM   #95
Tech Regular

Default rr12

thanks for getting back on that it sounds like something to really try
Old 02-21-2015, 05:58 PM   #96
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

So what's the latest on getting these shipped?
branover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:09 PM   #97
Tech Elite

Everything should be here this coming week. I am shooting to get most of them out by the end of the week. Shocks are here and diffs and remaining items should arrive Tuesday/wednesday.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:23 PM   #98
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Remember everyone. Good things come to those who wait.
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:14 AM   #99
Tech Elite

Alright boys. We are almost there. i am shooting for a Wednesday ship out of all the kits. Everything is here, parts are all packaged up. We are waiting on 1 last item. Thrust Cone washers! The diffs did not come with them, so we had to get a rush order for them. Those should be here Tuesday.

I am finishing up our manual so that i can send you folks something to reference build off of. I will include a starting set up as well in there.

A lot of you should have received your conversions as well, I hope you are enjoying them. If you have any questions, please let me know and I will try to help as best as is possible.

Lastly, we have one kit left from this first batch. If you guys want one, better snatch it up quick! The next batch is slated for 3-4 weeks from now as we wait on some more carbon to arrive. The demand has been higher than expected, that is so awesome. Thanks for your patience and support guys. For those of you that pre-ordered full kits, you'll be getting some goodies in the kit. We are including a ride height gauge, a camber gauge, extra center, side and front springs.
Old 03-01-2015, 09:49 AM   #100
Tech Master

Hey Christian. Can you post up a setup? Also, the side spring retainers do you adjust them by turning them on the screw? The screw doesn't turn as the hole is too small.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:05 AM   #101
Tech Elite

Once I complete the set up sheet, I will post a set up. I rather have a reference point for you guys rather than keep posting the same information over and over again.

I don't understand what you mean by the screw won't turn? Which adjusters are you using? This is also dependent on that.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:35 AM   #102
Tech Master

Are you running the spring upside down, compared to the 12R5.2 way? I am using the adjusters that came with the conversion kit. The holes seem to tight for the screw to fully thread from the top. I had to put it in from the bottom. To adjust I can't just put in a wrench and turn the screw, I will have to find a way to turn the nut.
Attached Thumbnails
RSD RR12 12th Scale Pan Car Kit-img_1045%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 03-01-2015, 11:18 AM   #103
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
Alright boys. We are almost there. i am shooting for a Wednesday ship out of all the kits. Everything is here, parts are all packaged up. We are waiting on 1 last item. Thrust Cone washers! The diffs did not come with them, so we had to get a rush order for them. Those should be here Tuesday.

I am finishing up our manual so that i can send you folks something to reference build off of. I will include a starting set up as well in there.

A lot of you should have received your conversions as well, I hope you are enjoying them. If you have any questions, please let me know and I will try to help as best as is possible.

Lastly, we have one kit left from this first batch. If you guys want one, better snatch it up quick! The next batch is slated for 3-4 weeks from now as we wait on some more carbon to arrive. The demand has been higher than expected, that is so awesome. Thanks for your patience and support guys. For those of you that pre-ordered full kits, you'll be getting some goodies in the kit. We are including a ride height gauge, a camber gauge, extra center, side and front springs.
thanks for keeping us up to date on this
Old 03-01-2015, 09:51 PM   #104
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madulla View Post
Are you running the spring upside down, compared to the 12R5.2 way? I am using the adjusters that came with the conversion kit. The holes seem to tight for the screw to fully thread from the top. I had to put it in from the bottom. To adjust I can't just put in a wrench and turn the screw, I will have to find a way to turn the nut.
Yes, upside down. Personally I like it more this way, because you get more clearance on the side link. This keeps the springs in place better. It also allows you to run linear (straight) springs when needed. In super high bit, I prefer linear springs.

On the screws, if you need to open up the holes, you can use a 3mm drill bit to get it better. We did the holes undersized for those that prefer to run the AE/ XRAY adjusters.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:07 PM   #105
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hay Christian, what wheel base is the new 1/12 body for ? It looks like there is a molded in rear wheel well (maybe I'm wrong and it's the paint job that makes it look that way) that you would want the wheel centered in. Or do you line up the rear wheel to mount the body ?
Thanks.