R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree5Likes

Old 05-17-2016, 11:00 AM   #466
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

AE spring work well with the team prime.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:36 PM   #467
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
I think the droop is your biggest culprit here. The car is very sensitive to dropp changes. We can go from understeering to traction rolling by going from 0.4-1.0mm. I run .3-.5 almost everywhere. I would start at .5 on asphalt.

For the tires, the J compound Ulits is what you may want. The translation is broken english, so it reads out different that what they were supposed to mean. My friend explained to me that you run rubber on low grip, on asphalt and on high grip. The X compound is very reactive to the new odorless additive types like sticky fingers and sxt 3.0. It does not mean that it reacts well with all additives necessarily, although ground effects works on ANYTHING. Just some food for thought.

To really find out which tires would work best, I would suggest to buy to try out: 1 JM Rear 1 JS Rear 1 JM Front and 1 JH Front

I would start with JS rear (30 shore) and maybe J hard (38-40) front. If it is hotter, maybe a JM rear (32-35 shore) would work better, but you have to try to really find out. After you find out which rear tire works best, try the softer JM front to see if the car has better overall balance. If it does not, just go back to the J hard and start working on refining your set-up.

Springs, any spring from CRC/ AE/ Roche, etc should fit. There are only a few companies that use the larger springs, like yokomo and serpent.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try and find the Ulti tires. There isnt a constant supply and only receive a batch once in a blue moon. Ill see if I can have the shop specifically order the right compounds.
disaster999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:48 PM   #468
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge T View Post
AE spring work well with the team prime.
Thanks for the info.
disaster999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:24 PM   #469
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

I have only three shakedown runs on my V2 but those runs were on asphalt it was very good, a full lap faster than my previous car by the third run. I'm using the 12r5 frontend, 5deg on the block, spacers all the way forward -1 camber, +1 toeout, AE 22wt springs no droop. Silva center shock as far forward as possible with an AE gold spring 32.5wt AE oil. Xray side links with surspeed #4 tube lube (med/heavy). .5mm rear pod droop, think I would have gone to 1mm if I was running at that track anymore. Tires are the key, I ran BSR blue rears (not sure on the shore but around 35 I think) and BSR double blue fronts (again not sure but 37 shore I think). Car did have alot of steering and if I had any I would have tried BSR team purple fronts (40 shore). I would second Cristian's suggestion of the Ulits, I have read that those are great on asphalt. For what its worth I think your biggest issue is the tires, 35 shore on the front is going to be very edgy. Going to a harder front tire will smooth out the car.

Edited to add: Also run the tires bigger than you would on carpet, a larger sidewall helps on low traction.

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 08:33 AM   #470
Tech Apprentice

reflex racing is under developing RR12T2 for black carpet.
Cooling fan installed on left rear pod. This is mandatory for stock rating in hot weather Houston.

By usins plazma-ra post, mine have 0.3mm clearance between steering servo and chassis.

landau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 12:42 PM   #471
Tech Elite

I would like to shave some weight off my car, what size screws do I need to convert to alum?

CMDezigns Paint Works
Old 07-03-2016, 09:12 PM   #472
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

In preparation for getting my RR12 I thought I would weigh my 3 different HOBBYWING esc's:::
1. XR10(no fan) 32 grams
2. stock spec v3.1(no fan) 33 grams
3. v3.1 1S. 47 grams
Lastly, the HW 1s dc-dc booster is 11 grams
Results indicate to me for stock racing the XR10 and HW booster is the lightest option.
For mod, the stock spec and booster are lighter
In both cases the dedicated v3.1 1s is heavier
just got to see if I have the space to mount esc with the booster
idbdoug
idbdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:16 PM   #473
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Tekin gen 2 and hw booster only weighs 33g
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:16 PM   #474
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You can knock off another 5great if you use a Tqcells booster
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 04:55 PM   #475
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbdoug View Post
In preparation for getting my RR12 I thought I would weigh my 3 different HOBBYWING esc's:::
1. XR10(no fan) 32 grams
2. stock spec v3.1(no fan) 33 grams
3. v3.1 1S. 47 grams
Lastly, the HW 1s dc-dc booster is 11 grams
Results indicate to me for stock racing the XR10 and HW booster is the lightest option.
For mod, the stock spec and booster are lighter
In both cases the dedicated v3.1 1s is heavier
just got to see if I have the space to mount esc with the booster
idbdoug
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad508 View Post
Tekin gen 2 and hw booster only weighs 33g
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad508 View Post
You can knock off another 5great if you use a Tqcells booster
All the above is true but none of that will help me with my question, I already know the HW 1S esc is heavy. And I have used boosters including the TQ one in the past, but I like the ease of the all in one package that a 1S esc provides. So the question stands, does anyone know what size screws that are used on this car?

CMDezigns Paint Works
Old 07-04-2016, 05:19 PM   #476
Tech Adept

M3 screws, mostly 6 and 8 mm fhs with a couple 12 mm fhs. Also some 6 and 8 mm bhs. I didn't change the screws in the front suspension. Total, I shaved 7-8 grams.

Martin Paradis
rhodopsine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 05:59 PM   #477
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

AE 12R5.1/5.2 aluminum screw kit will basically cover most of the car. There will be a few differences depending which frontend you are running. The new frontend will need 4 M2 screws to hold the bulkheads in place from the bottom. 4 more if you run the upper brace. The rear slider needs M3x12 screws if you are using 2mm spacers between the pod and slider. Other than that, I think the AE screw kit has it covered. That's what I use on my RR12.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 07:18 PM   #478
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodopsine View Post
M3 screws, mostly 6 and 8 mm fhs with a couple 12 mm fhs. Also some 6 and 8 mm bhs. I didn't change the screws in the front suspension. Total, I shaved 7-8 grams.

Martin Paradis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
AE 12R5.1/5.2 aluminum screw kit will basically cover most of the car. There will be a few differences depending which frontend you are running. The new frontend will need 4 M2 screws to hold the bulkheads in place from the bottom. 4 more if you run the upper brace. The rear slider needs M3x12 screws if you are using 2mm spacers between the pod and slider. Other than that, I think the AE screw kit has it covered. That's what I use on my RR12.
Thank you fellas, that is exactly the info I needed.

CMDezigns Paint Works
Old 07-26-2016, 09:23 PM   #479
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default New conversion kits

We are still waiting on diffs from IRS to officially release the new kits, however, the following conversions are ready to go:

RSD1232 Geometry update kit for V2 to T2

RSD1231 RR12V2 and AE 12R5 Conversion Kit

RSD1233 geometry update kit for V2 to T2 with Aluminum chassis

Now a little on the T2. The car is called the T2 because it is transverse specific. The shock mounting geometry has been moved back for flatter cornering necessary on the new CRC Black Carpet. The car is more efficient and stays on top of the track. The motor mount has been revised in order to center up the axle and motor better on the car for better balance. As a bonus, you can now mount a fan on the left side of the motor mount in between the tire and mount itself. I have been using the WTF 25mm ESC fan and the temperature drops seen are between 10-30 degrees F. The fan mounting itself is going to be a game changer in the spec racing scene. Once again, we are proud to be at the fore front of 12th scale develpment.

If any of you is interested in a full kit, we have them available, but missing the diffs. Let us know and we will gladly send one out without the diff, and once they come in, we can send those out as well.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:25 AM   #480
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Looking good Cristian, the V2 w/alum is awesome on grey carpet, this should be even better.
WCICS.ca club rep. www.krcracing.ca
SLOWINSLOWOUT is offline   Reply With Quote