Wiki Posts
Search

LRP Quantum Comp 2 and JRXS3 Glitching

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 01:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Exclamation LRP Quantum Comp 2 and JRXS3 Glitching

I have been running a QC2 for a few months and apart from the setup button no longer functioning (broke after 1month) I have had no problems until now. I have purchased a new JR XS3 40mhz controller and installed it in the car. The servo glitches back and forth when I rev the engine and the engine cuts in and out at full throttle from a range of 5m onwards. I have read posts and have placed the Rx on its side, away from the speedy, covered the speedy in foil, changed back from the JR 577 servo to the Futaba 3003, tried a Hitec standard servo, stood on my head and all to no avail.
After installing my Mtronics speedy, problem solved. Reinstalling my QC2 with my Futaba 2PL 29mhz AM RX, problem solved. So do I sell my new JRXs3 or the QC2, or is there a solution to my problem??? PLEASE HELP ME
Old 09-25-2005, 08:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

did you tyr switching channels? sometimes that helps. if your car has a top deck, did you try putting it (reciever or speedo)there? i know some1 who had to put it (speedo) up there so it wouldnt glitch. or maybe its just JR . just about everybody who runs jr at my track glitches, so...
maybe you should invest in a 3pk if you can get one. its pricey, bet well worth the money
Old 09-25-2005, 08:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Are you running the Super Reactive mode, setup number 4? That mode has been prone to create glitching with some radio and frequency setups.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

I've had great luck with my XS3 and LRP esc. Make sure that you run the fast frame rate if your using a digital servo. If your using an analog servo, run the normal rate.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had problems running my JRXS3 with the QC2 and the new KO Servo's.
The QC2 would not have enough power to run the newer KO stuff.
It would twitch and go crazy like you described.
Switched to an older servo and problem was solved.
I pmd KO reps and they acknowledge that this is a common probelm with the QC2.
Maybe the combo of the JR RX and the newer digital servos with the QC2 is the problem?
I was so frustrated I ended up getting rid of my QC2. I won't touch the LRP until the QC3 comes out.
If you find out the problem let us know. Good Luck.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Try getting a spare servo lead, and attach a 2200 or 3300uF capacitor at the pos and neg positions.. My QC2 glitches and won't power my transponder properly if I don't use a cap.. just no power..
Old 09-25-2005, 03:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i think its funny cause i have spektrum, which really ghiltched the crap out of my v7.1 unless i used a cap, but thyen i bought a qc2 to fit on my chassis, and i dont need to use a cap anymore. huh?
Old 09-25-2005, 04:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The opposite for me, my QC2 needs the cap, and my F1 Pro, Runner, and MC330 all are fine.. and the QC is supposed to be the more expensive one..
Old 09-26-2005, 12:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default More mystery

Just to add further mystery, I have placed the whole setup QC2, JR Rx, 21turn engine into my spare T1R from the (XRay) FK04 and no glitch. The range was actually increased with the JRXS3 and no glitching problems which mainly affected the engine not getting full revs. I will now carefully reinstall the whole setup back into the FK04 paying particular attention that no shorting out of bare wires on the chassis.

Last edited by Drewdc90; 09-26-2005 at 12:27 AM.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Maybe fixed??

Ok! After placing everything back in the FK04 with an atlas 10 turn its kicks ass. The range is as good as the T1R but no glitching. This is even with the new JR servo. The only thing that I think may have caused the problem could have been the caps on the motor as I have wriggled them to check tightness before putting in the T1R. Possible interference from a dry joint. So far so good. The moral of the story is check EVERYTHING before you blame someone or some thing