R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-06-2014, 08:52 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default I need help!

I'm deciding between rally or drifting. I found this drift car on Craigslist for 350$ and the guy is driving a hour to drop it off is it a good deal?The car is a e10 hip drifter It has a onyx 200 charger and a complete performance kit which was 250$. It also has a reedy 4adon 30k rpm motor a complete Bering kit and comes with extra bearings and a cooling fan for the motor. It has 3 body's a red nsx with lights and 2 purple corollas one with light the other one without lights and the controller is the one that came with it. It has a brushed motor and has only the drift tires on it,Please let me know if I should purchase it or not!
Anthonye10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:10 AM   #2
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just for reference, a brand new HPI drift car, ready to run, is only $227 on Amazon. As for the "performance kit" I don't know what parts are in that but it sounds a bit dubious at that price. This is only my opinion though and hopefully someone with more experience with drift cars can help.
SpeedySST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 03:38 PM   #3
Tech Regular

If its the yeah racing performance kits those are only 130. So your paying retail and basically getting a charger plus extra bodies free.

Check out this 1/8 scale brushless rally car for less than that 1/10 drift car. Not sure what scale rally your looking into to.

2uzferunner03 is offline   Reply With Quote