R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-03-2014, 03:41 PM   #46
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedySST View Post
Isnt that nearly the same as the F103GT? I love that car especially the Courage body for it.
Yeah, a bit of an updated 103 I guess.

With the abundance of F1 chassis being made by lots of companies (Xray just released one too) Seems the 2wd rubber class will be F1.

Though I think VTA should have been the 2wd class since it tries to stay true to the full scale, and the power output is low enough to keep it driveable.

I still have my M04 to play with RWD
Attached Thumbnails
Why no 2wd touring cars?-m04.jpg  
Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI4
TLR 22 3.0
Apex RC Proshop
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 03:57 PM   #47
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default I have thought about it too

I see no reason for there to be any additional classes. I just would like the rules to include additional layouts. Which would be handled just like USGT. Although not perfect the rules do allow FWD to run at a lower weight. They could easily change the rules to 2WD so a mid or rear motor rear drive set-up could be included. We need to allow or make provisions for additional layouts before mfgs will increase availability. If I'm not mistaken there are only a couple of classes to run a FWD 1/10 TC in the US. Which makes it difficult for any kind of volume. The rules need to level competition without stifling variety or innovation.
Microtome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 06:00 PM   #48
Tech Rookie

I can run my Legends on the road courses, so I too was curious why no RWD touring car class exists... Of course the legends use foamies, which probably would help handling and driveability. I agree that something close to parity could be achieved with some fine tuning -- seems like a "local option" experiment before trying to take it National, though.

Mechanically simpler, and perhaps more reliable. Could also really simplify the front end and allow for better weight distribution as well. Call it the SuperCar series (after the Australian Supercars) or something. Just don't glue vanes all over the bodies -- makes it hard on the corner marshalls...hehe
ruxpin76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 03:45 PM   #49
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
RWD on-road cars on rubber tyres are very hard to drive. Not a surprise that they never gained popularity.
how do you know it? I've never seen proper RWD TC (with full independent suspension). So how can you know, how it handles?

Maybe this is reason why they don't catch, there's no IRS TC in production, so nobody's racing them. With exception of Tamiya M-class, which is another story...
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 04:23 PM   #50
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Salkin View Post
In our national series, we have a class for those cars. We call it the "Funny Car" class.

Only a handful drives them this year, and if you are "serious" about racing and want to race the fastest and best, they are just.......funny cars.

Here is a link to one of the latest races:

And one last year:

Here's two examples from outdoor tracks:

Wow! That looks like fun. What turns motor are they running?
Believe in yourself!
CL is offline   Reply With Quote