ETS 2014 Round 1 (Czech Republic)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ETS 2014 Round 1 (Czech Republic)

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Default ETS 2014 Round 1 (Czech Republic)

I'll be off in a couple of weeks with with quite a few other people (366 at the last look!!) to the first round of the 2014-15 ETS series.
Rounds 1 & 2 are indoor carpet meetings.
At first glance, out of the 366 entries only 50 people are doing more than once class.
Entries numbers for each class are;
64 - Formula 1
123 - Modified
182 - 13.5 Blinky

We've already been warned that the race days will start at 7am and run through until 11pm for Friday and Saturday.
We're definitely hoping that Finals day ends sooner, or we'll be walking back to the UK

I hope some of the US drivers can make it over to some of the later rounds.

I worked out that the total cost for each of us in our group from the UK (6), which includes parking at airport, flights, additional luggage charge, car hire, hotels, entry fee's and extra tyres comes to less than...... $400!!
You can probably double that for us to do the Hudy Arena gig in June/July time but that would also include food etc.
If you can afford the extra for the international flights I strongly suggest you try to make it to one of these great international meetings.

I'll try to post info and photos etc from the Sport V hotel where it's taking place, but if it's anything like the other meetings, once you get a few hundred people trying to access WiFi etc it tends to become a bit difficult.

Last years track, I think it may be slightly bigger this year;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaOC8I4lfKA
Old 11-17-2014, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

I thought you UK guys would drive there. Can't take more than a day at take it easy pace and it would seem cheaper too with two cars.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:07 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I will be there. Just bought my plane ticket tonight. Going to Hudy for 3 days first for the grand tour and practice. Looking forward to the event.

EA
Old 11-18-2014, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
I thought you UK guys would drive there. Can't take more than a day at take it easy pace and it would seem cheaper too with two cars.
That's a LONG day. 15hrs+ of driving - assuming from London and no traffic - plus waiting for the channel train. Not the best preparation to race the next day!

Fuel cost would probably be more than the cost of flights considering how cheap the budget airlines are in Europe also.

You just wouldn't do it!!
Old 11-18-2014, 12:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Oh, and good luck Skiddins! We can only dream of numbers like that in Aus. Our nationals were over the weekend and got nothing like that sort of turnout sadly.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by niznai
The flights and car hire cost less than £100 (circa $150) and to drive it's over 1000miles, next door by US standards but a waste of a day for us.
The UK drivers drive to some of the closer rounds, Germany & Luxembourg as it only takes a few hours once over the English Channel.
If we didn't have to pay extra for baggage in the hold (budget airline) our flights would have been $30
Old 11-18-2014, 01:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cplus
Oh, and good luck Skiddins! We can only dream of numbers like that in Aus. Our nationals were over the weekend and got nothing like that sort of turnout sadly.
Cheers
Same for the UK with those entry numbers, I can only think of a couple of the big US events that can muster numbers like that, IIC and Snowbirds etc. and they're just one off events, not an entire series.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:57 AM
Tech Master

Those are insane numbers, the outdoor tracks will have to install floodlights or limit the entries. Actually don't limit the entries, I've already booked my hotel for Hudy Arena
Old 11-18-2014, 03:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Concerning numbers, The DHI Cup in Denmark in January have approx. 300 entries to this point and 90 on waiting list.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After my experience last year in luxemburg ets race I was making figures to go to this one but from Madrid it's a ruin. Direct flights cost more than 200€ and connections were not cheap either.

I will try to be in at least two of the outdoor season, maybe italy and again luxemburg, love that track.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm trying to get my gf to let me plan around an ets race for our europe trip next year. She's not having it , but said an F1 race would be ok.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Well, arrived back on Sunday.
It was a very tiring, long weekend.
The racing started around 7am and went on until around 10pm and there was even a bit of open practice on Saturday morning.
I eventually qualified 75/100 and finished 74.
It's very competitive and that's slightly better than in Slovakia. Especially considering I was running open Mod on carpet.
My setup got better and better and I was slowly improving, but it's good practice for the German round we'll be attending in Feb.

My absolute fastest lap was 0.7s off Rheinard (fastest of anyone with a 14.60)
Pro Stock results
F1 Results
Modified Results

Old 12-11-2014, 08:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

@Skiddins, nice bodyshell! Hope you enjoyed your racing!!
Old 12-11-2014, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ronaldo-1234
@Skiddins, nice bodyshell! Hope you enjoyed your racing!!
I always do

I did think for a while (before going) that running open Mod on carpet might be a bit of a mistake. But after the first run the grip was already really good and the car felt pretty good straight from the off.
I ran a 7.5 boosted with my 13.5 boosted settings and the car was very fast on the straight.
My heat starts around 1h:31, most of the other vids they are following the leaders so you only occasional see mine in the background, can just make out my blue car;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oefNKrqMCIc

We've already booked hotels etc for round 2 in Germany in Feb.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Those pit chairs are swanky!

-Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.