Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Adapting Pan Car or F1 wheels (F & R) to 1/10 sedan ? >

Adapting Pan Car or F1 wheels (F & R) to 1/10 sedan ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adapting Pan Car or F1 wheels (F & R) to 1/10 sedan ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Questions?? Adapting Pan Car or F1 wheels (F & R) to 1/10 sedan ?

For good looks and some bashing performance I'd like the option of using either or both F1 wheels and Pan Car 1/10 wheels on our sedans. I've just ordered some adapters to use Pan Car rubber on the rear of the sedans but how about the fronts, as sedans are 4wd and 12 hex drive ? What is F1 , 14 hex drive, do 14 hex drives have a similar enough axle hole to use on the rear of sedans ? and that would be for rears only ? What about the fronts ( same problem with Pan Car fronts ) ??
Any help on the subject, pics, links, references would ALL be extremely appreciated, members here have a wealth of knowledge and have been so helpful in the past
Old 11-24-2014, 11:40 AM
Tech Champion

Typically I've seen this done with a 4 bolt adapter and using pan car rear rims on both the front and the rear. It used to be that you could buy a narrow rear pan car rim so this was often used on the front for this type of conversion. I don't know if those rims are available any longer...most likely not. If you want foam tires like a pan car why not just use pre-mount foam tires made for a touring car?
Old 11-24-2014, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Typically I've seen this done with a 4 bolt adapter and using pan car rear rims on both the front and the rear. It used to be that you could buy a narrow rear pan car rim so this was often used on the front for this type of conversion. I don't know if those rims are available any longer...most likely not. If you want foam tires like a pan car why not just use pre-mount foam tires made for a touring car?
+1 - this is probably the easiest way to run foam tires on a TC, and considerably cheaper as well. I'm not sure how well Pan Car tires would hold up to the stresses placed upon them by a TC, especially since they were designed for use on a far lighter vehicle.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:11 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks InspGadgt , I will begin my search in earnest for the narrow rear pan car rims. I like the grip and appearance of an uber wide rear tire .

oeoeo327 , thanks, I plan to run harder foams and or John's BSR cap tires in a medium hard rubber to exrend life some what, its just getting the wheel on the TC , then I can experiment .
Old 11-25-2014, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

You could also look into nitro sedan foams. They have different rear tire widths and more durable rubber compounds.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

Default 1/10th pan car adapters.

Greetings. TeamCRP has Part# 4130-wheel adapters. Team Cobra also has (aluminum)wheel adapters(Try Ebay). And in regards to adapting 1/8th wheels to 12mm hex driven wheels, Wolf Pack Radicals had machined Mugen/Serpent style wheel adapters.(again, try Ebay). Good Luck.
Attached Thumbnails Adapting Pan Car or F1 wheels (F & R) to 1/10 sedan ?-part-3012.jpg   Adapting Pan Car or F1 wheels (F & R) to 1/10 sedan ?-part-4130.jpg   Adapting Pan Car or F1 wheels (F & R) to 1/10 sedan ?-part-4130-2-.jpg  
Old 11-26-2014, 08:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by oreo
Greetings. TeamCRP has Part# 4130-wheel adapters. Team Cobra also has (aluminum)wheel adapters(Try Ebay). And in regards to adapting 1/8th wheels to 12mm hex driven wheels, Wolf Pack Radicals had machined Mugen/Serpent style wheel adapters.(again, try Ebay). Good Luck.

Thanks oreo, I just bought two pairs of each on ebay ! this will take care of the rears, now if I could locate some narrow rear 1/10 Pan Car rims, I'll be in business !!!
Old 11-26-2014, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Default Narrow pan car (rear wheels)

Greetings again. TM Racing (1/10 Pro stock)Durometer 25 on the left;(1/12 Drag rears)same durometer but plastic wheel diameter is smaller(4 bolt) in the middle; Jaco white (1/10 pan car) standard width on the right.. And a picture of Wolf Pack Radicals adapters(1/8th scale.)
Attached Thumbnails Adapting Pan Car or F1 wheels (F & R) to 1/10 sedan ?-drag-rears-std-jaco..jpg   Adapting Pan Car or F1 wheels (F & R) to 1/10 sedan ?-rear-drag-jaco..jpg   Adapting Pan Car or F1 wheels (F & R) to 1/10 sedan ?-serpent-adapters.frt..jpg  

Last edited by oreo; 11-26-2014 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Car specification.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Started

These are the Cobra ( alloy ) and CPR ( white and black plastic ) rear wheel Pancar to Touring car adapters :

With the front Pancar wheels, I modified a set of the BSR caps and an orange set of WGT foams the same way. i inserted a 3/16 x 5/16 vinyl tube into the wheel hub and CA glued it. I then milled a shallow boss in the front of the wheel and JB WELDed a SS washer in the boss. I turned the wheel over and milled the hub short enough for the TC axle to go through with enough threads for the wheel nut to hold on the wheel. I then dremmeled a slot for the TC axle pin ;

This is the orange set of WGT Pancar wheels using Cobra alloy adapters in the rear and my modifications of the fronts as described above :

I counter sunk a boss into the face of the adapters because of their relative thickness and the Losi's relative short axles.

now to try to get the body so that it doesn't look too ridiculous
Old 12-07-2014, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Pancar wheels on a Touring car

I made some homemade rear fender flares from clear plastic from blisterpack for some velcro tape I bought Looks a bit messy but, very nasty. The Mazda body is 7 years old :

I have a couple of other combinations that the members on this thread suggested, I'll get them up later on.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Saw you thread right now... I am impressed how you made the pan car tires work on your tc.

In Europe we have a "wide GT" or "Barchetta" class. That is 220mm wide TC with Lola bodies. Not very popular, nevertheless there are foam tires in pan car size available from Xceed:

http://www.xceedrc.com/product/101557

It is too late now, but I wanted to let you know
Old 12-07-2014, 02:51 PM
Tech Adept

Default PANCAR whels on touring cars

wtcc, not to late, we have 8 tc's that all need rubber . Looks like those Xceeds are 44.5 mm wide ! really great ! These WGT tires are 50 mm, but the capped BSR Pancar rears are only 40 mm, I'm so glad to have additional options now. I'll be hunting for those Xceeds straight away. THANK YOU !

Last edited by bigfatslob; 12-07-2014 at 06:19 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-08-2014, 06:43 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Pan car tires on Touring cars

This is another recommendation by a member in this thread, Narrow rear Pan car tires in the front of a TC ( because of the availability the adapters ) and regular rears on the rear :

These are BSR cap ProLite narrow rears in front and BSR capped kevlar net radials in the rear, using Cobra alloy wheel adapters :

The rears caps are only approx. 40 mm and the narrow rear caps (used on the front) are approx. 32 mm wide.

Looks very intimidating , next, trying to fit them under a TC body.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:21 AM
Tech Regular

Greetings. I have modified TeamCRP Part#4114(wheel adapters). Though i've previously directed you towards drive-pin adapters, this may help in maintaining the standard 12mm hexs found on touring cars (for example.)
I've dremeled flat the five "ribs" per adapter and lessened the "centers" to fit the standard 4 bolt pan car wheel.
Attached Thumbnails Adapting Pan Car or F1 wheels (F & R) to 1/10 sedan ?-mntd-adaptr..jpg   Adapting Pan Car or F1 wheels (F & R) to 1/10 sedan ?-prt-4114.jpg   Adapting Pan Car or F1 wheels (F & R) to 1/10 sedan ?-new-part..jpg   Adapting Pan Car or F1 wheels (F & R) to 1/10 sedan ?-dremld..jpg   Adapting Pan Car or F1 wheels (F & R) to 1/10 sedan ?-compare..jpg  

Old 12-09-2014, 12:34 AM
Tech Regular

There is some hand-fitting involved because I don't own a drill press. I've used an assortment of files (round, flat, etc.), a dremel with a cylindrical stone bit, and also a variable speed drill. My chuck included a 12mm hex to fasten the adapter to[i've tended to nick a finger with the dremel at high speed]
Attached Thumbnails Adapting Pan Car or F1 wheels (F & R) to 1/10 sedan ?-old-new..jpg   Adapting Pan Car or F1 wheels (F & R) to 1/10 sedan ?-2compare..jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.