R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-24-2014, 08:11 AM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default 190mm sedan touring car bodies

Hello, all I am curious as to what everyone is using for 190mm sedan touring car bodies. It would be cool if you could post a link to the site, and what you think of them, performance durability and other things about the bodies. I am thinking about venturing out of the Protoform kingdom, not because they are not great bodies but because I want to see if there is anything else to gain.
thecaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:14 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I've tried other bodies from bitty design, sweep and more speed but I always come back to the protoform ltc-r on asphalt and the protoform speed 6 on carpet. The sweep body is OK but I still have a better feeling with the protoforms.
Serpent Viper 977e, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:59 AM   #3
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

My favorite bodies at the moment are Blitz GSF and Protoform GX, but primarily the GSF. I race on low-medium grip asphalt.

I've tried the LTC-R and Mazdaspeed 6 extensively too. LTC-R being most aggressive while Mazdaspeed 6 being most stable. The GX is somewhere inbetween, but leaning more towards the Mazdaspeed 6. The GSF is almost as aggressive as the LTC-R but I find that the rear end sticks better with the GSF, and smoother transitions.

I've tried the Blitz TSX too but its more twitchy. Direction changes are very sharp and aggressive.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 11:22 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

MAZDA GX is very neutral feel. Tons of steering, stable on the straight and high speed corner and the rear is lock down.

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:34 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
MAZDA GX is very neutral feel. Tons of steering, stable on the straight and high speed corner and the rear is lock down.
Carpet or Asphalt? On asphalt I found the opposite with regards steering. Very little but it is stable. It's ok on carpet however.
Serpent Viper 977e, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 03:18 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Bodyshell Handling Characteristics....
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 04:48 AM   #7
Tech Master

Hm, sorry I tried searching for a few different phrasing of this topic and went through a few pages but I didn't find anything. Thank you skiddins
Old 11-25-2014, 07:56 AM   #8
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
My favorite bodies at the moment are Blitz GSF and Protoform GX, but primarily the GSF. I race on low-medium grip asphalt.

I've tried the LTC-R and Mazdaspeed 6 extensively too. LTC-R being most aggressive while Mazdaspeed 6 being most stable. The GX is somewhere inbetween, but leaning more towards the Mazdaspeed 6. The GSF is almost as aggressive as the LTC-R but I find that the rear end sticks better with the GSF, and smoother transitions.

I've tried the Blitz TSX too but its more twitchy. Direction changes are very sharp and aggressive.
You are dead on about the Blitz GSF, good stuff.
Gridworks Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:12 AM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I too have tried many bodies..p37n, speed 6, ltcr, gx. Personally, my top two are the gx and the speed 6. gx just feels more planted and aggressive steering which I like, as I tend to assault corners, and am less smooth in my driving then most. The speed 6 is quite neutral. good balance, and relies more on mechanical grip of the car to shine. The ltcr is good for nose grip, I feel best on a tighter, more technical track, not so much for sweeping higher speed corners. Felt to twitchy in the rear for me though.

One other thing I have just started to experiment with is the wing endplates molded into the front wheel wells on the protoform bodies. Anyone else use these? Thoughts?
Old 11-25-2014, 08:41 AM   #10
DBM
Tech Addict

Since the OP was interested in non PF bodies, here are my thoughts on the Sweep STC-4 body.
It is even more aggressive than the ltcr on turn-in, but has similar rear grip to the ltcr. Very goid on a fresh carpet track with low traction. Might be a good asphalt body. What I did notice, is that it seemed to have less drag..... the car seemed much faster on the straight with the sweep body. I have no datalogging info to back that, though.

I have just bought Sweep's newest body; the STC-6. I have not found any info on it, but it has many neat features that I hope will work. Just by looking at it, it looks like it should end up somewhere between the GX and MS6. I'll be painting it tonight and trying it at practice tomorrow.
The LW STC6 weighs 2g more than the LW GX, but comes with a sturdy 1mm wing which is likely where the extra 2g comes from.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:28 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post

Lol! Gotcha hooked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridworks Racing View Post
You are dead on about the Blitz GSF, good stuff.
+1

Both .05 and .07 are working well for me. The .07 is a little more robust for the 2x4 barrier tracks I've been to lately.
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:33 PM   #12
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
Both .06 and .07 are working well for me. The .07 is a little more robust for the 2x4 barrier tracks I've been to lately.
So you've been to SpeedWorld I see.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:37 PM   #13
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridworks Racing View Post
So you've been to SpeedWorld I see.
Yes sir,
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:53 AM   #14
DBM
Tech Addict

Did a quick paint job on the stc6 body. I'm looking forward to trying it out tomorrow.

I'm surprised that there is nothing much about the stc6 body posted on rctech. TQRC has sold out of them at least a couple of times, so there are definitely some out there.
Attached Thumbnails
190mm sedan touring car bodies-20141126_021340%7E01.jpg  
Old 11-26-2014, 07:13 AM   #15
Tech Master

Has anyone tried the new Moore speed bodies form hot bodies?