R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-05-2014, 06:05 AM   #61
Tech Prophet
Trader Rating: 1067 (100%+)

Why are we using the 4 letter word? I think it should be taken out of the rule set all together. Since USVTA and USGT are not ROAR classes I think we as a group should get away from using those 4 letters and let the rules writers, we trust, come up with motor list which is legal to run in the class. They already do that for USVTA, why not USGT? I know they have jobs, but others can help in testing. A manufacture isn't going to go out and build a 21.5 USGT killer motor. There is just not enough market for them to do so.

I say we as fellow racers that follow USGT/USVTA rules pay dues like others do to the 4 letter word. The rules are strict and the success of the class has been because of it. Only motors are the questionable in USGT. USVTA very clear. USGT some gray but only to those who wish to bend the rules. Let's race and have fun. Haters gonna hate and cheaters gonna cheat. At the end of the day where do you want to be? 1st as a cheater or dead last with a smile...
Less warning labels... more Darwin!
EZ Customs Paint / Xtreme RC
and for those that don't know me.. I'm a sarcastic A DBL S
Dave Cates Founder of www.GO-RCing.org
bigwavedave33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 06:32 AM   #62
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

So tuning rotors are not allowed? What about a motor that has been hand selected stator, rotor, sensor board? My personal opinion is run a 21.5 of any brand and any rotor. No rotor is gonna keep people off the boards or is it gonna help hit the corner apex just right. But if that's the rules so be it. I bought actinium 21.5 with 12.5 rotor already in it. Is that a legal motor per rules?
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 06:38 AM   #63
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Ahhh the wisdom of BigWave. I think that USVTA/USGT have opened the door to new national org. They even have taken steps (even if for completely seperate reasons) to becoming one. The points series is IMO that step. Are they piggy-backing on other orgs for some rule, yes. But that cannot be avoided.

I'll say it here first (ok maybe not first, but I cant read this entire dang forum), I would love to see a new orgsnization with USVTA/USGT as its foundation. They have shown that they can sustain operation for numerous years (without dues), and they can handle changes in a timely and affective manner. Now just imagine what could be done with some financial backing.

Sorry for taking the the thread in a different direction. Bored at work������
Tamiya EVO 6 with EXOSIX conversion - SMC - HobbyWing - Savox - Spectrum - Exotek.
The brighter the picture, the darker the negative
USVTA member #112
theproffesor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:22 AM   #64
Tech Addict

Guys: USGT and USVTA are a stand alone organization with its own rule set. Because it would be difficult (monetary and expertise) to start something similar to ROAR every other racing organization borrows from their rule set. It is local groups that want to start bending any groups rule set instead of taking the time to follow them. Just think about that a minute. Each of us wants something different, I see it all the time in the forums. Anything from esc's that aren't tested to have a zero mode to hybrid motors with components from several manufacturers. WHY? Someone took the time to come up with a set of rules and publish them and we all like most of the aspects. Now follow what you don't like and make suggestions for the next round. USVTA had a specific list of esc's and racers found a way around it. Now they use the ROAR list and people still complain. It's not had to find the good motor and race your butt of and have fun at it. Dis the people that want to bend the rules and make them answer my WHY.
NORCAR @ The Gate
old_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:19 PM   #65
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by old_dude View Post
That might be a question to ask Ernie. But he would probably rather sell you a D4 Maxillia. LOL
Not worried about my D4 maxzilla, its legal by being both ROAR legal and it came with the Torque rotor. It's my and everyone else's Kill Shot 21.5 Maxzilla that are in question for USGT. PS Send me a PM, I'd like to hear how events in Cleveland turned out?
John Wallace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 09:58 AM   #66
Tech Apprentice

Anyone use Team Power motors in USGT... waswondering how they rate...
coolair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 04:57 AM   #67
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by coolair View Post
Anyone use Team Power motors in USGT... waswondering how they rate...
They work very well in USGT and there is no doubt about it being USVTA USGT legal either unlike my Kill shot with the Maxzilla rotor.
John Wallace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 05:32 AM   #68
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Is there a way to know (by a stamped part number or can marking) of what rotor came in a trinity motor, D3.5, D4 or Kill shot? I have several D3.5s, D4s and don't see any, except for the certified D4s that have the black sensor cover with certified stamped on it and a sticker with the power ratings.

IMO tuning rotors that came in a approved motor, if they are from the same manufacturer and same class, i.e. 17.5, 21.5, etc., should be a non issue.
RSD Speedway
Jorge T is online now   Reply With Quote