Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2015 Canadian Onroad Nationals - March 19-22, 2015 - Welland ON >

2015 Canadian Onroad Nationals - March 19-22, 2015 - Welland ON

2015 Canadian Onroad Nationals - March 19-22, 2015 - Welland ON

Old 03-07-2015, 07:54 PM
mjw
Tech Adept

I won't be much help with that. I've never run 1:12 scale. Let me do some poking around tomorrow for you.

Mike
Old 03-07-2015, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by clint
Or maybe a suggestion on which compounds to run?? Ben is new to 1/12th..
I'd like to help, but I've only raced 1/12th scale a handful of times ever. Just club races. I vaguely recall using Black fronts and Yellow rears, I think. I'm no help. Hopefully someone knowledgeable will provide their pan car wisdom on what might be some good tire choices for crc carpet at a large event where traction levels can go from medium-low to quite high.

I noticed there's over 100 drivers with a total of 227 entries now. At least a C Main in all classes. Nice!
Old 03-09-2015, 06:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 1/12 scale tires

A couple of us have been running Purple front Grey rears at our local club track Niagara Indoor and we also have used them at the mall race.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InCaRnAtE
A couple of us have been running Purple front Grey rears at our local club track Niagara Indoor and we also have used them at the mall race.
cool thanks for the tip..

also curious if the carpet is going to be brand new or previously loved?
Old 03-09-2015, 09:28 PM
mjw
Tech Adept

cool thanks for the tip..

also curious if the carpet is going to be brand new or previously loved?
The carpet had a short affair one year ago. Only lasting for 3 days

Mike
Old 03-09-2015, 10:08 PM
mjw
Tech Adept

Less than a week to get your entries and payment in for the 2015 Canadian On-road nationals. The deadline is midnight, this coming Sunday. We are within reach of last year's event record attendance. Don't miss out on this year's event. Many sponsors and track supporters have been added to the sponsors page with more to come. check them out at www.conrc.com.

Mike Wilson
Old 03-10-2015, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Or maybe a suggestion on which compounds to run?? Ben is new to 1/12th..
i have run 1/12 for many years...13.5 blinky tires you need to have... all trued to 42mm or less for best performance... the smaller the diameter the better. some are starting at 41mm. depending on car you can run down to 39mm

CRC or BSR (pretty much the same compounds)
fronts = black, blue, double blue, purple (in order of shore rating)
rears = yellow, greene, blue.

that's just my experience... i am sure you can have 5 more options (depending on budget)
ALWAYS CHECK YOUR TIRE DIAMETER AFTER EACH RUN!
if you can rotate each run... DO IT!
A slight difference in left / right diameter will make your car terrible to drive.

good luck & have fun!
Old 03-12-2015, 07:44 AM
Tech Initiate

What shops will be selling parts at the track. I'm late on ordering my 12th scale wheels
Old 03-12-2015, 07:53 AM
mjw
Tech Adept

Performance Hobbies is planning on having some 12 scale wheels there. You can contact Pete at www.performancehobbies.ca for more info.

Mike
Old 03-12-2015, 08:40 AM
Tech Initiate

thanx!
Old 03-13-2015, 09:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by XCRAZYBENX
What shops will be selling parts at the track. I'm late on ordering my 12th scale wheels
So is it Performance Hobbies that will have a store there this year? I dont see AHK as a sponsor?
Old 03-13-2015, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys! Looking forward to the race.

Just checking out the website and noticed the transponder chart at the bottom and that the 3-wire transponders will not be compatible.

Would just like to confirm that this is still the case? Hoping the decoder has been updated since that was put on the website.

Cheers

Luke
Old 03-13-2015, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lpittman
Hey guys! Looking forward to the race.

Just checking out the website and noticed the transponder chart at the bottom and that the 3-wire transponders will not be compatible.

Would just like to confirm that this is still the case? Hoping the decoder has been updated since that was put on the website.

Cheers

Luke
I don't think any of the local tracks work with the new 3 wire transponders Luke. Too many people still have old MRT ones, so I think the same is probably true for the nats decoder as well. Mike will have to confirm that.

I'll probably have an extra 2 wire hybrid transponder with me. I don't need all 4 of mine. You can borrow one for the weekend if you need it. I'll try to remember tonight to take the one out of my 4wd buggy and toss it in my pit bag.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by locked
I don't think any of the local tracks work with the new 3 wire transponders Luke. Too many people still have old MRT ones, so I think the same is probably true for the nats decoder as well. Mike will have to confirm that.

I'll probably have an extra 2 wire hybrid transponder with me. I don't need all 4 of mine. You can borrow one for the weekend if you need it. I'll try to remember tonight to take the one out of my 4wd buggy and toss it in my pit bag.
Okay good to know.

Thanks for the offer. I'll see if I can round up a couple locally and if I am short I'll send you a PM.

Thanks for the prompt response.

Cheers
Old 03-13-2015, 06:04 PM
mjw
Tech Adept

Got another box in the mail today. Prizes for the Saturday night Boston Pizza giveaway from a new sponsor this year, AE. With more on the way from CRC, RC America, Tekin... and More. We are planning to meet at Boston Pizza just a minute away from the mall after 9:00pm on Saturday the 21st. Last year we packed the place, so don't miss out. As usual, you must be in attendance to take your prize or another name gets picked

We're down to 2 days left to get registered and paid. Call 905-714-1777 if you want to register by phone tomorrow. I'll be in the Digital Detail shop tomorrow from after 10:00am until around 5:00pm. Time is running out quickly. It's almost time to set the track up and organize some pit rooms

A note to people joining us for their first time. Pitting will be in empty stores that get locked each night and the mall has 24 hour security.

EDIT: Dave is correct. The 3 wire transponders won't work. We're running off an RC3 decoder and an RC2 as backup. I think it'll be a while before any local tracks switch over for the reason Dave mentioned.

Mike Wilson
[email protected]
www.conrc.com
905-714-1777 (8-5 weekdays, 10-5 Sat)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.