Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New 1/10 190mm TC body by Bittydesign

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 04:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Smithracer11 , you devil, how dare you tease us all with that beautifully painted Beemer body !
Old 01-05-2015, 01:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just to give some input regarding the BMW body.

My son are preparing for the upcoming DHI Cup in Denmark, and were testing on a low-mid traction carpet track on the DHI Cup control tyres (LRP CPX pre glued no. 65031).

Compared to the Mazda Speed6 LW, the BMW body enabled him to drive almost two tenths faster on approx. 13 sec laps (Xray T4'15).

The LRP tires have less traction than the standard Sorex 28 we normally use, and combined with a low-mid traction carpet track, the BMW body worked best for us.

We used the standard wing.

Furthermore, it seemed that the BMW body enabled my son to drive closer, and cleaner to the curbs.

Others from our team have been trying the BMW body also (but on other higher grip tracks and only for a couple of batteries), and ended up sticking with the Speed6. As I remember, they were able to reach the same lap times with the BMW body, maybe some more testing would favor the BMW body.

We will be using the BMW body at the DHI Cup.

Last edited by Salkin; 01-05-2015 at 03:10 AM.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Salkin
Just to give some input regarding the BMW body.

My son are preparing for the upcoming DHI Cup in Denmark, and were testing on a low-mid traction carpet track on the DHI Cup control tyres (LRP CPX pre glued no. 65031).

Compared to the Mazda Speed6 LW, the BMW body enabled him to drive almost two tenths faster on approx. 13 sec laps (Xray T4'15).

The LRP tires have less traction than the standard Sorex 28 we normally use, and combined with a low-mid traction carpet track, the BMW body worked best for us.

We used the standard wing.

Furthermore, it seemed that the BMW body enabled my son to drive closer, and cleaner to the curbs.

Others from our team have been trying the BMW body also (but on other higher grip tracks and only for a couple of batteries), and ended up sticking with the Speed6. As I remember, they were able to reach the same lap times with the BMW body, maybe some more testing would favor the BMW body.

We will be using the BMW body at the DHI Cup.
Thanks Salkin for the feed, two tenths faster sound very good result on same track, the driving feeling of the M15 body is awesome and everybody are liking it a lot.

The Team mates on the higher grip carpet track they can consider to move from the M15 body to the MC10 or Narḍ model that both generate more steering. If they want continue to use the M15, they can mount it 4-5mm forward and to improve steering install the rear wing in neutral position (not backward as usual).
Old 01-05-2015, 11:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bittydesign
Thanks Salkin for the feed, two tenths faster sound very good result on same track, the driving feeling of the M15 body is awesome and everybody are liking it a lot.

The Team mates on the higher grip carpet track they can consider to move from the M15 body to the MC10 or Narḍ model that both generate more steering. If they want continue to use the M15, they can mount it 4-5mm forward and to improve steering install the rear wing in neutral position (not backward as usual).
Thanks for the tips regarding the bodies, I will remember them and pass them on to the team
Old 01-16-2015, 03:54 AM
Tech Regular

Our M15 and Narḍ 190mm TC bodies ready for MotoGP superstar Casey Stoner!
Attached Thumbnails New 1/10 190mm TC body by Bittydesign-stoner-touring-side.jpg   New 1/10 190mm TC body by Bittydesign-stoner-touring-front.jpg  
Old 01-16-2015, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Those look really good! My M15s arrive today. I'm excited to use bodies that are reminiscent of my realworld car. Sadly my painting skills are nowhere close to what's on display here and until I ultimately figure out the best mounting position my first 2 bodies will just get the mono-color treatment. I'll probably chose to mount the one for my Xray T4 in a neutral position whereas the one on my Yokomo BD7 I might mount 1 mm rearward.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:40 AM
Tech Adept

We are pleased to let you know that for those who race in the UK that the M15 is now on the BRCA approved list after a few delays due to change of technical officers role in the 1/10th TC Section.

http://www.centralbooking.org/cbs/im...t-010215-b.pdf

Yes, it shows the wrong pictures for the bodies, we have advised them that they need to be corrected..

Happy racing!
Old 02-03-2015, 10:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Are you guys "using" the original cutting lines of this Body?
It seems to be very tall when cutting this lines...
Old 02-03-2015, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Answer-RC
We are pleased to let you know that for those who race in the UK that the M15 is now on the BRCA approved list after a few delays due to change of technical officers role in the 1/10th TC Section.

http://www.centralbooking.org/cbs/im...t-010215-b.pdf

Yes, it shows the wrong pictures for the bodies, we have advised them that they need to be corrected..

Happy racing!
Hi,

Do you have any plans to distribute the pre-painted Bittydesign bodies in the UK? A-Main carry them in the US and I'd be interested in one of the touring bodies if they were available.

These are the ones I'm talking about: http://www.amain.com/bittydesign-nar...15742?v=363040
Old 02-03-2015, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Gero
I'm only about 1mm higher than the original cutting lines on the sides of the body. The section of the hood/bonnet immediately behind the nose sits quite a bit higher than that of a Protoform Mazdaspeed6. It's 2 holes higher on the front posts of my Xray T4. However, I might drop it down one more hole in the front and trim off more of the lip.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Gero
Hello Gero,
with all the TC bodies on the market the cutting lines are very tall, these are only standard signs that we must create on the moulds. In the reality nobody is using them because the real cutting line is much more thin if we talk about the front split, to obtain the max performance from all the TC bodies the split must remain about 3mm, no more.

If you race with a front split that is 5-6mm height, this mean that your body is mounted too high.

We use T4 car to test and develope our bodies and we cut them about 3-4mm higher respect the std line; we strictly recommend to do the same.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bittydesign
Hello Gero,
with all the TC bodies on the market the cutting lines are very tall, these are only standard signs that we must create on the moulds. In the reality nobody is using them because the real cutting line is much more thin if we talk about the front split, to obtain the max performance from all the TC bodies the split must remain about 3mm, no more.

If you race with a front split that is 5-6mm height, this mean that your body is mounted too high.

We use T4 car to test and develope our bodies and we cut them about 3-4mm higher respect the std line; we strictly recommend to do the same.
Thanks for the tip! I guess this means I'll need to oil up the scissors and get back to the slicing.

Old 02-05-2015, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Colbynobo
Thanks for the tip! I guess this means I'll need to oil up the scissors and get back to the slicing.
Colby your M15 is too high (about 2mm), the body will not give back to you his best performances. Look at the Stoner pics above or also the attached pic with both the M15 and Narḍ bodyshells with 3mm front split. This is what we explained in our previous message, the correct body placement is one of the main aspect that all the drivers must take care.
Attached Thumbnails New 1/10 190mm TC body by Bittydesign-10420022_10152672607535197_6337556303351337541_n.jpg  
Old 03-14-2015, 04:48 AM
Tech Regular

Hey guys
just got myself one of each of the bitty bodies.
currently running an LTCR on my mod car atm.
painted up the striker 3.0 and tried it last night and lost quite a bit of steering with it. which i thought was quite surprising. and ended up going back to the LTCR for the remaining of the mains. will fiddle with car set up next practice day

But was wondering what are peoples thoughts are on the m15, nardo and MC10..
Im guessing the m15 and Nardo will be the pick of the bunch,

just trying to decide what i paint up next, the M15 just looks insane! love it! great work Bitty!
Old 03-28-2015, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Smithracer11
Finally painted it.", about as close as I could get to the colors.

Tried my own take on the M Power livery, only my third one since I got myself an airbrush (which allowed mixing some blue and purple to try to get it closer?):

It's looking pretty good! Who says touring car shells can't be evocative?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.