Tech Addict

Default Weight Distribution system

Any one tried this hardware and is it worth the money

http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....oducts_id=5645

Thanks for looking
Old 09-21-2005, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yes I have this and it is great. I have the Integy system which is exactly the same. You can buy the Integy one cheaper directly from them or at SpeedTech RC.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

great system, it does what it is suppose to do
Old 09-21-2005, 04:06 PM
Tech Addict

What is the maximum weight it accepts ?

Thanks once again !
Old 09-21-2005, 04:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

can someone elaborate on this from the site: "We don't suggest using four digital scales because of calibration issue."

i just picked up 4-500gram jewelers scales, to my door, for under $60USD. each comes with a 200gram calibration weight. each return to zero when i remove the car, and while the individual weight distribution changes each time i compress/release the suspension, the overall weight stays within 1-1.5 grams.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

even if they are all the same make, model ect... ever unit will vary to some degree(internal units, electrics, chip boarsd ect) when you zero a scale it not always zeros out. though it is a good starting point and believe me better than nothing the only true way to weight a car with this metod is spending more money on better electronic components that are true to measure. don't waste your money on high end equipment, what you have will work just make sure the surface you are using is perfectly flat and even then your method will be fine
Old 09-21-2005, 11:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I have the integy version I am selling for 65.00 shipped in the us
Old 09-22-2005, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gee-dub
i just picked up 4-500gram jewelers scales, to my door, for under $60USD. each comes with a 200gram calibration weight. each return to zero when i remove the car, and while the individual weight distribution changes each time i compress/release the suspension, the overall weight stays within 1-1.5 grams.
An easy way to get accurate measurements with four "slightly off" scales:

1. Have the car setup, FULLY aligned and ready to race, but without the body. Its important to have the ride height set equally on all four corners. Use aluminum setup wheels if you have them. If you're using foam tires true them to the same exact diameter. If you're using rubbers, make sure they are not out of round.
2. Setup the four scales on a setup board to where each tire of the car is positioned as close to the center of each scale as possible
3. Remove the car and zero out each scale
4. Place the car on the scales and record measurements for each corner of the car. Using grams, instead of ounces, normally will give you a more exact measurement.
5. Move each scale clockwise (or counter clockwise if you must ) around and under the next tire (i.e. from the front left to the front right, and from the front right to the rear right, and so on...)

Repeat steps 3-5 until you have four distinct measurements from all four scales under each corner of the car. Compute the average weight of each corner from the four measurements.

I use four digital food scales that I picked up from Bed Bath and Beyond.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:03 AM
Tech Adept

I don't use this yet, but using 4 individual scales is not accurate I think. The scales must be exaclty horizontal and exactly same hight. If the the car stay a little tweaked on the scales, then the readings are false.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Like with ALL tuning, you need a perfectly flat and level surface to check balance and tweak... Only if the surface is flat you can with no problem use 2 or 4 scales if you want.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

It's pretty simple to get your 4 scales setup accurately but it's a pain to travel with and re-set up. I would only use them for setting the chassis weight wise and then use a tweak station or the old xacto method for setting tweak.

Step 1) set the four scales on a flat level surface, spaced so that the each tire of the car is in the center of each scale.

Step2 ) Level the scales; you need 2 exact equal sized spacers, set 1 on each of 2 scales, and a level to go across them. Then you need to put some sort of shim under a scale if it reads low. Do this until all four scales are level with each other.

Step 3 ) Make sure all of the scales read accurately. Use some sort of test weight, make sure all the scales read the same.

Step 4 ) Balance the Chassis; I put setup wheels on the car, and then I set my car so it hits the droop stops at 5mm ride height, and then add a few cranks into the preload adjusters so there is no sag and the car sits at exactly 5mm on all four corners. Place car on scale. Add weight to the lightest corner, until it reaches the same weight as the other side on the same end of the car. Do this until LF = RF and LR = RR. Your chassis is now balanced.