Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By arekpowalan
  • 1 Post By chensleyrc1

1/12 Pancar Vs 1/10 F1

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 07:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 1/12 Pancar Vs 1/10 F1

I am planning to buy a new car with a direct drive system for casual practices at the local asphalt curcuit. I don't plan to race, at least not yet.

I have an interest in the 1/10 F104W and a 1/12 Electric pancar. I am wondering that, aside from different sizes and bodies, are there any differences in the cars' performances such as speed, cornering, and maintenance. Which one should I buy? Thank you in advance.
museguy likes this.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by arekpowalan
I am planning to buy a new car with a direct drive system for casual practices at the local asphalt curcuit. I don't plan to race, at least not yet.

I have an interest in the 1/10 F104W and a 1/12 Electric pancar. I am wondering that, aside from different sizes and bodies, are there any differences in the cars' performances such as speed, cornering, and maintenance. Which one should I buy? Thank you in advance.
Get both

Do you prefer the look of F1 or LMP/Gr.C ?

Old 11-02-2014, 09:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I would get whichever is being raced locally.
Old 11-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm open to both classes in term of apprearances, but I can't afford both the the time. Locally, pan-car is seen more, but there are also Tamiya's F1 racing competitions going on, so I guess both share certain degrees of popularity.

What I'm interested more is the differences between the classes in term of parts and performances. It would be appreciated if anybody can tell me about them.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

One BIG consideration between 1/12 Pancar and 1/10 F1 will be the tires. The 1/12 Pancar will cost much more money in tires. There are tons of different hardness tires for the 1/12 Pancar and you will have to true the tires down to size before using them (which means buying a Tire Truer Machine). The current trend with 1/10 F1 is rubber tires which last much longer than foam tires. Most of the guys I know who race F1 will use one set of rubber tires for 10 to 15 races. The 1/12 tires usually have to be changed after 2 to 3 races.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by arekpowalan
I'm open to both classes in term of apprearances, but I can't afford both the the time. Locally, pan-car is seen more, but there are also Tamiya's F1 racing competitions going on, so I guess both share certain degrees of popularity.

What I'm interested more is the differences between the classes in term of parts and performances. It would be appreciated if anybody can tell me about them.
Parts will be about the same, the usual front arms, steering knuckles, and typical pan style stuff. Performance wise, the 1/12th will outperform a F1 car, but, it does cost more to operate. With 1/12th you will need a tire truer and different compounds of tires for different tracks. In F1, most tracks are using a "spec" TCS tire. 1/12th will also have a larger following, due to the many years of this class being available. Of all the things, like classes and new designs, that change in R/C, the only constant is 1/12th on-road.
I, personally, race both. With the 1/12th being the easier to drive, but the hardest to master.
museguy likes this.