ROAR Election

Old 11-27-2014, 07:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slakr
Where's the "LIKE" button?

+1
You probably would have better luck at that over on the ROAR website forums. The by laws direct them to use it for official communication.
Old 11-27-2014, 11:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
You probably would have better luck at that over on the ROAR website forums. The by laws direct them to use it for official communication.
Does that mean the ROAR officials communicating with us in this thread are violating the bylaws? I'd rather have Mruk here and send the underlings we've heard from in this thread to the ROAR forum to shout in an empty room.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Does that mean the ROAR officials communicating with us in this thread are violating the bylaws? I'd rather have Mruk here and send the underlings we've heard from in this thread to the ROAR forum to shout in an empty room.
This website is too full of non-roar members to be fair to most who would have to make any decisions if the members ideas were considered. Like most organizations, there is a respected communication channel to the senior leadership. We do not get to call Obama directly when we do not like his decisions either. That channel starts with your region directors.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

C ' mon man!
Old 11-27-2014, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

This website is too full of non-roar members to be fair to most who would have to make any decisions if the members ideas were considered. Like most organizations, there is a respected communication channel to the senior leadership. We do not get to call Obama directly when we do not like his decisions either. That channel starts with your region directors.
That's a problem, if your are being serious ?
Old 11-27-2014, 06:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

This is literally the dumbest thing I've ever read on the Internet.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Only thing Mruk and Obama seem to have in common are friends that cover their ass... That's gotta be the dumbest f-ing post ever on all of rctech
Old 11-27-2014, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

That is just silly! Have you looked at the ROAR forum? Nobody post on there, including the "senior leadership". If that is where they have to post, then why haven't they read all of the post hear on RC Tech and posted responses on the ROAR forum? That was a poor try at an excuse just to cover your buddies!
Old 11-27-2014, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Turkey drunk or just stupid?
Old 11-27-2014, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

one step forward... TWO STEPS BACK
Old 11-27-2014, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

yeah because the ROAR President is like the US President. Maybe hence the problem. He is afraid to speak with the people that voted him in and just makes his own decisions with blatant dis-regard to the law or what the people want. Oh wait maybe they are alike.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B00t13g
Turkey drunk or just stupid?
I'd go with the later.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
This is literally the dumbest thing I've ever read on the Internet.
Originally Posted by Racermac73
Only thing Mruk and Obama seem to have in common are friends that cover their ass... That's gotta be the dumbest f-ing post ever on all of rctech
This^
Old 11-28-2014, 05:21 AM
Tech Champion

I am a region director at the moment for the next month. Most of the phone calls I take and what I participate in on this forum does get brought up whether you guys see or it hear it. I stepped down as the competition director a little over a year ago because I tried to reach out via this forum on some subjects and was implied in a silent way this was not being endorsed. Eventually the other guys who have reached out from the committee on here will probably come to a similar scenario where the public view will not go over well with a peer on the committee. I am in agreement with many of things brought up here. I thought ROAR could be fixed and that is why I did the regional director for the last two years, competition director for a short stint, etc. with actual aspirations of running for the president position to help implement a forward thinking organization. I then really saw the light and the restrictions of what you are put under. Everyone on that committee has to carry the weight and understand it's not a just show up when you feel like caring situation. Until that is fixed, it will continue.

Last edited by jmackani; 11-28-2014 at 05:41 AM.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by goin2drt
yeah because the ROAR President is like the US President. Maybe hence the problem. He is afraid to speak with the people that voted him in and just makes his own decisions with blatant dis-regard to the law or what the people want. Oh wait maybe they are alike.
If you follow the ROAR Prez facebook page he has no problem going out to speak with people that voted him in. He has been at the The Track in Gaithersburg over the last few weekends. He was at almost every offroad series race in the region over the summer. He also attended the Onroad Nats in Florida and the Offroad Nats in Texas to speak with the racers and manufacturers and show his support.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.