Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Updated my previous post...
Old 11-17-2014, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joezjr
There is more than nonsense going on.
True that... Sounds like flying first class to a event sure sounds nice.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

They can make up all the graphs they want. The power isn't enough to try as hard as they are to keep an outsider out
Old 11-17-2014, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by robk
I became tech director because I was asked to after being electric section chairman for a while. I was hesitant because I wasn't sure I would do a good enough job, but I wound up being persuaded to do it. I like the idea of being involved and try to make a contribution.

I'm also seeing why I'm am one of the few roar people who is willing to talk on rctech about these issues. It doesn't seem like much good comes of it.
Rob,

Your right about you being one of the guys that comes on here and talks. And we are thankful for that. But come on, you guys "roar" are telling EA he can't run because of a 20 day lapse.

Can you tell us what you do as technical director?

Thanks,
Drew
Old 11-17-2014, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

From what I'm reading on Eric's Facebook page, it seems that many PayPal protests have been filed against ROAR for memberships paid in order to vote for Eric. Not only have protests have been filed, but numerous folks have reported that their membership fees have been refunded. My question is, is PayPal doing so in good faith and taking the issue to ROAR, or is ROAR refunding the money through PayPal? If ROAR is agreeing to refund the membership fees for folks protesting because EA isn't being allowed on the ballot, that would seem to set a difficult precedent for them to defend.
On a somewhat related note, it is my opinion that Nitro540 should unplug his keyboard and not post here further as his lack of communication, spelling, and interpersonal skills are a very bad reflection on ROAR.

Scott Franklin
Old 11-17-2014, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
I'm also seeing why I'm am one of the few roar people who is willing to talk on rctech about these issues. It doesn't seem like much good comes of it.
Transparency can go a long way. Thank you for sharing your side of things.

-Mike
Old 11-17-2014, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by NutDriver
On a somewhat related note, it is my opinion that Nitro540 should unplug his keyboard and not post here further as his lack of communication, spelling, and interpersonal skills are a very bad reflection on ROAR.

Scott Franklin
There are about 30 people on here that need to put their keyboard away.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

So...I was looking around and stumbled upon this. Seems odd I had no idea that ROAR was proposing to build a track. This would seem like big news in the world of RC...must have just been missed in the news section on ROARs website . Funded and maintained by ROAR sounds awesome...can we get one of these tracks by my house too?

interesting location as well...

https://laplata.civicweb.net/Documen...t.aspx?ID=8905
Old 11-17-2014, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

As they all go marching in!

Thanks,
Drew
Attached Thumbnails ROAR Election-image.jpg  
Old 11-17-2014, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
I can't believe this guy is our Tech director. How did that happen?

Thanks,
Drew
Because idiots.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default curiosity

so just so i can understand..
roar backdates/retro-active EA's membership....so they in essence turn the clock back on this membership...
then come back and say "Oh...no... the retro active date does not count because we (roar) need a loophole to make sure you don't help RC" sugarcoat that anyway you want.....MMMkay...Mmmmkay ...again.....MMmKay....

so next time .... I stand in front of a judge for reduction of child support payments ...I'll state by roar standards my retro active date doesn't count...please screw me further.

roar stamped his card with a date....once it is done...is it not binding. he paid for said time...roar accepted said time by providing the card and updating records as so...
It's as simple as the date on the card is set in stone...
Old 11-17-2014, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
So...I was looking around and stumbled upon this. Seems odd I had no idea that ROAR was proposing to build a track. This would seem like big news in the world of RC...must have just been missed in the news section on ROARs website . Funded and maintained by ROAR sounds awesome...can we get one of these tracks by my house too?

interesting location as well...

https://laplata.civicweb.net/Documen...t.aspx?ID=8905
That would eliminate the need to have a bidding structure for large events. Hosted at the only official home track of ROAR!
Old 11-17-2014, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Dude.. Based off of what roar was originally founded for to what it has become, I have to say as someone that's been racing for 30 years at a distance ( very seldom big races)but with plenty of friends that do attend to what roar has become...... If it were the business world I'm not sure if this is a hostel takeover or more like Enron and you just don't want anyone seeing the books.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olhipster1
so just so i can understand..
roar backdates/retro-active EA's membership....so they in essence turn the clock back on this membership...
then come back and say "Oh...no... the retro active date does not count because we (roar) need a loophole to make sure you don't help RC" sugarcoat that anyway you want.....MMMkay...Mmmmkay ...again.....MMmKay....

so next time .... I stand in front of a judge for reduction of child support payments ...I'll state by roar standards my retro active date doesn't count...please screw me further.

roar stamped his card with a date....once it is done...is it not binding. he paid for said time...roar accepted said time by providing the card and updating records as so...
It's as simple as the date on the card is set in stone...
nearly every dude has now seen the light of this whole problem.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rodney Racer
You don't need a legal fund..........by ROARs own bylaws and from the input of several of the Excom and directors perhaps a non-confidence vote for the current administration is in order. And thats by their own rules.
Was thinking the same thing myself, there should be a clause in the bylaws that enable the association and its membership the ability to replace directors or executive directors in situations of non confidence. I think a closer look at the by laws is required and action taken"..........after all membership should have the last word and if this many people are in arms over the process being displayed then use the rules, ........just need to have just cause, maybe they can ask the executive assistant for that one or atleast deliver the message

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.