ROAR Election

Old 11-17-2014, 11:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
That looks like it could be interpreted 2 ways and the Excomm picked the way that does not favor EA.

Specifically it should say for the year prior to the Election. A year prior indicates that it could be any year prior to the election but not the year prior to the election just any year.

Unless I'm reading that wrong.
The way its worded you cant even really interpret it the other way. The way it reads you can be a member for any year prior. This is not as ambiguous as the "or" from the motor rules. This is just blatant railroading by people who know they are about to lose their positions
Old 11-17-2014, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Tracks will take the biggest hit from this...period...and it's unfortunate.

it's obvious people were voting for EA...and without a doubt it was a landslide...

If roar is so forthcoming, Let said upfront and open committe post up the vote numbers right now and see what the head count was/is. it's safe to say a change was inevitable.

Hell let's be fully open about it...EA probably just gave roar their biggest Membership Drive they've had in years or even decades.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NITRO 540
I have read this entire thread. I can't believe this. REALLY!!!!
Roar is a governing body. We make hard disissions all the time. They may not be the answer you want. But it is FAIR. YES Eric Anderson's membership lapsed.
Making him ineligible to be nominated for President. The Excomm voted
Unamaisly. It's not a conspiracy. Steve Pond nor Steve Mruk had NO SAY in the matter. I personally do not know Eric Anderson. He sounds like a guy that would
defiantly make a difference to our hobby we all love. But the Rules are Rules.
We may not like the rules. But it's Fair. I am the promotions director for Roar.
I am also a part of the executive committee. I was running off road for years. I have recently switched to on road. My findings with on road are largely econimicly induced.Roar can't fix everything. But we try to fix what we can that works for everyone involved. That's not easy.
Thanks
David Lee
Hey David, Steve, and Steve,

Eric was NEVER nominated for President!!!!
He DOES NOT have his Name on the BALLOT!!!
He does not have to meet the requirements as set forth in the rules, because he never asked to run, or was he nominated...
He is a WRITE IN, and has such, if he is elected, and is a MEMBER in good Standing, at the time of the Election Results, he is the NEW President.....
END of STORY!!!

Old 11-17-2014, 11:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Eric, I am sorry it has come to this.

I am sure I will be tossed out of the EXCOMM, but I do not agree with the call on this issue. I was not able to attend the meeting due to a personal conflict. I was excited to see that you were running, as it would bring a renewed interest in how ROAR was run and it's direction. Specifically from racers that have long wrote ROAR off.

On top of that, if you won, you could also express to the populace what some of the difficult decisions that the previous Presidents have had to deal with , you bring implied trust to the table that not many could.

My time on the EXCOMM has been a huge disappointment, some of it because of me, some of it because of the acidic environment. I will be discussing my future with the excomm at the next meeting.

That being said, I generally believe in supporting the decisions the excomm makes, whether I agree with them or not. We stand as a team and fall as a team.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiefj48
Hey David, Steve, and Steve,

Eric was NEVER nominated for President!!!!
He DOES NOT have his Name on the BALLOT!!!
He does not have to meet the requirements as set forth in the rules, because he never asked to run, or was he nominated...
He is a WRITE IN, and has such, if he is elected, and is a MEMBER in good Standing, at the time of the Election Results, he is the NEW President.....
END of STORY!!!

hmm...wonder if this is the ammo needed to contest the whole situation.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
And while you're at it, David, an insurance question for you.

If you charged me for a period of lapsed membership time, and I later make an insurance claim because of something that happened during that time, will you honor it? Or will you take my money for that time and then tell me I wasn't covered? Thanks.
I don't make those calls. The insurance company and Roar would have to make that call. Bottom line. Don't let your membership lapse and you won't have to worry.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

It is sad that an available and eager agent of change has been treated in such a fashion. A real possibilty and future now beyond reach due to what seems to be an unwanted and unpopular decision.

ROAR, your membership should be heard, and you should address that you are ignoring their cries for something other than what you are doing now. Let Eric run for President and stand down with grace and dignity.

My opinion, not those of any sponsors or companies that I represent.

Art
Old 11-17-2014, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I'll donate to a legal fund to remove the people who need to be removed. At least I'd know my money was going towards something positive in the RC industry.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Oh ROAR, you cray cray
Old 11-17-2014, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Odin544
I'll donate to a legal fund to remove the people who need to be removed. At least I'd know my money was going towards something positive in the RC industry.
You don't need a legal fund..........by ROARs own bylaws and from the input of several of the Excom and directors perhaps a non-confidence vote for the current administration is in order. And thats by their own rules.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If you're bored, head over to ROARs facebook page and read some of the recent reviews
Old 11-17-2014, 12:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just love all the people who suddenly have law degrees.

"for a year prior to the election" means the person should be a member for the year before the election. The purpose of this rule is to prevent someone coming in and buying the election. By rule, Eric does not qualify to be president, but I think if Eric joins ROAR right now, he should be allowed to run based on the number of years he has been a member.

Destroy ROAR? Okay, fine. No ROAR means no rules. No rules means RC racing dies.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Even the constitution of the United States has something similar to this regarding presidential election. It states that they must live in the United States for 14 years. This is widely interpreted as it is stated, they do not have to be consecutive or the 14 years leading up to becoming president.

If you want to go by your bylaws, at least go by the words you have agreed upon.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I bet in the end bribery and embezzlement will be uncovered. ROAR has been too shady for too long
Old 11-17-2014, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Last edited by oladele; 11-17-2014 at 01:15 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.