Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR Election

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
The election is not even over! Nobody knows if he had the most votes and nobody likely ever will. The fact is that on-road is a small segment in the scheme of things so the most likely outcome will be a winner known to the off-road crowd.

ROAR is nothing. They do not make money, the volunteers are not making a living from this. You are not boycotting Walmart! By boycotting ROAR races you are boycotting tracks who for the most part are run by fellow racers, clubs that are run by racers, and racers themselves. You are hurting yourselves. The best case scenario is that ROAR dies then those involved lose their volunteer positions and have a lot more free time on their hands. You showed 'em!

The Carpet Nats is the perfect example. You guys are going to boycott it? That only hurts the host club and it's members (who happen to be your friends and fellow racers).
I agree with 99 percent of what you are saying Rick. But I don't believe the election would of been decided by offroad. I thought I read somewhere that last vote for president had like 70 total votes or something stupid small like that?

If my memory is correct then I think that EA would of been voted in by a landslide.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Its funny, even as bad as California is with laws, you still get a 90 day grace period to renew your drivers license. I wouldn't doubt there is a law ROAR has broken here by taking Eric's money for a yearly due and not change the expiration date.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I agree with almost nothing RH said. ROAR has impact on most of the racing we do (or at least that I do). There may be some rules thrown out where I race, there may be some additional details added, but I believe that significant amounts of races are run using ROAR rules as a general guideline at the very least (even the Snowbirds & IIC follow it to one extent or another).
It matters not to me what segment of RC racing the next president comes from (on-road, off-road, oval Etc.), but that this person has an overwhelming desire to do their best to make positive changes.
The people (racers) have a right to show their dissatisfaction by whatever means they feel appropriate (within reason of course and yes they should understand that ever action has consequence).
The lapsed membership thing and the whole back dating thing is an unethical two way standard.
I do agree that maybe the best thing is for ROAR do expire and a fresh slate started.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
David

Does it say THE year prior or A year prior? There is a big difference there.

Also if The current administration is so keen on following everything to an exact T then why have the bylaws not been updated and signed off on in over two years as required to keep the non profit stays with the Gov?

Would you like me to keep going or ? Things like this is why roar needs a change. It's pretty obvious that there are three sets of sides on the Excom and none want to work with the other.

EA
Eric,
I am sorry that YOU let your membership expire for 50 days.
We do have 2 write inn nominations that qualify to be nominated for President.
Does this seem petty? Yes but those are the rules. It's Fair. When reading this thread. Someone wrote that you were part of the Law Suite against Roar. Is that true?
Old 11-17-2014, 10:54 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NITRO 540
Eric,
Does this seem petty? Yes but those are the rules. It's Fair. When reading this thread. Someone wrote that you were part of the Law Suite against Roar. Is that true?
This, friends, is what the current ROAR leadership has to offer.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Eric,
So David, answer the 2 basic questions regarding the lapse.

1) Does it say THE prior year or A year prior?
2) Why when I renew late do I get back charged for the lapse instead of a year from the date I renew?
Old 11-17-2014, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I agree with 99 percent of what you are saying Rick. But I don't believe the election would of been decided by offroad. I thought I read somewhere that last vote for president had like 70 total votes or something stupid small like that?

If my memory is correct then I think that EA would of been voted in by a landslide.
I agree I should have said that there was the potential for off-road guys to make a difference because there are a lot more of them but it doesn't mean the election would show it.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:00 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

And while you're at it, David, an insurance question for you.

If you charged me for a period of lapsed membership time, and I later make an insurance claim because of something that happened during that time, will you honor it? Or will you take my money for that time and then tell me I wasn't covered? Thanks.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by miller tyme
So David, answer the 2 basic questions regarding the lapse.

1) Does it say THE prior year or A year prior?
2) Why when I renew late do I get back charged for the lapse instead of a year from the date I renew?
It's in the bylaws:
D. The term of membership is one (1) year. The term of Individual, Family, or
Affiliate Membership will begin on the date that the annual dues are paid, and will
terminate a year later. Members renewing within 30 days after their due date will retain
their original base date. Track and Club members must renew for each calendar year.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:01 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Eric,

And I am sorry that ROAR failed to do the same job they have done for the past 4 years and now didnt.

You still didnt answer my questions either. Same as always with ROAR to avoid something that doesnt fit their agenda.

My name was on it. Did I spend a dime to help pursue it? No. Do I think it was right? NO. Do I think ROAR was right also? NO. Was Steve Pond and Steve Mruk also not on the law suite as well? Yes. Go ahead. I know where your going and you have no basis for it. Another grasp at straws.

EA
Old 11-17-2014, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
And I am sorry that ROAR failed to do the same job they have done for the past 4 years and now didnt.

You still didnt answer my questions either. Same as always with ROAR to avoid something that doesnt fit their agenda.

My name was on it. Did I spend a dime to help pursue it? No. Do I think it was right? NO. Do I think ROAR was right also? NO. Was Steve Pond and Steve Mruk also not on the law suite as well? Yes. Go ahead. I know where your going and you have no basis for it. Another grasp at straws.

EA
ARTICLE V
OFFICERS
A. The statutory officers of ROAR are the President and the Secretary/Treasurer. In addition, ROAR will have the office of Vice President elected as indicated below.
B. The offices of President and Vice-President, will be elected every two (2) years. The election of President will take place in even years. The election of Vice-President will take place in odd numbered years. The President and Vice President must have been a member in good standing for a year prior to election. Each must have had at least one year experience in one of the following prior to being nominated for office: Region Director, Class Committee Member, Executive Committee Member. The elections will be held in the fall, the term of office will begin January First. The office of Secretary/Treasurer will be held by an individual approved by the Executive Committee.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

That looks like it could be interpreted 2 ways and the Excomm picked the way that does not favor EA.

Specifically it should say for the year prior to the Election. A year prior indicates that it could be any year prior to the election but not the year prior to the election just any year.

Unless I'm reading that wrong.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:15 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

That looks like it could be interpreted 2 ways and the Excomm picked the way that does not favor EA.

Specifically it should say for the year prior to the Election. A year prior indicates that it could be any year prior to the election but not the year prior to the election just any year.

Exactly. Any half butt legal person could interpret it that way too. Not to mention the current membership card I have that doesnt expire till Sept 10, 2015! LOL

EA
Old 11-17-2014, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

That is exactly what they did. And it's only "fair" to the tools trying to stay within roar.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:19 AM
Tech Regular

ARTICLE V
OFFICERS
A. The statutory officers of ROAR are the President and the Secretary/Treasurer. In addition, ROAR will have the office of Vice President elected as indicated below.
B. The offices of President and Vice-President, will be elected every two (2) years. The election of President will take place in even years. The election of Vice-President will take place in odd numbered years. The President and Vice President must have been a member in good standing for a year prior to election. Each must have had at least one year experience in one of the following prior to being nominated for office: Region Director, Class Committee Member, Executive Committee Member. The elections will be held in the fall, the term of office will begin January First. The office of Secretary/Treasurer will be held by an individual approved by the Executive Committee.
It seems to me that EA was a member of ROAR for "A" year "Prior" to election. There is no stipulation saying which year at all just "A" year. So with that posted by whom I gather is a ROAR official? their argument is moot and EA should be allowed to run for office.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.