R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-17-2014, 10:03 AM   #121
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnet Top View Post
VERY Sad to see ROAR use a minor technicality of any sort to thwart a very popular choice for President.

Jake D.
+1 to this.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:04 AM   #122
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by NITRO 540 View Post
I have read this entire thread. I can't believe this. REALLY!!!!
Roar is a governing body. We make hard disissions all the time. They may not be the answer you want. But it is FAIR. YES Eric Anderson's membership lapsed.
Making him ineligible to be nominated for President. The Excomm voted
Unamaisly. It's not a conspiracy. Steve Pond nor Steve Mruk had NO SAY in the matter. I personally do not know Eric Anderson. He sounds like a guy that would
defiantly make a difference to our hobby we all love. But the Rules are Rules.
We may not like the rules. But it's Fair. I am the promotions director for Roar.
I am also a part of the executive committee. I was running off road for years. I have recently switched to on road. My findings with on road are largely econimicly induced.Roar can't fix everything. But we try to fix what we can that works for everyone involved. That's not easy.
Thanks
David Lee
David

Does it say THE year prior or A year prior? There is a big difference there.

Also if The current administration is so keen on following everything to an exact T then why have the bylaws not been updated and signed off on in over two years as required to keep the non profit stays with the Gov?

Would you like me to keep going or ? Things like this is why roar needs a change. It's pretty obvious that there are three sets of sides on the Excom and none want to work with the other.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:05 AM   #123
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph m View Post
From the ROAR by-laws:
The President and Vice President must have
been a member in good standing for a year prior to election.

It doesn't state the period must immediately precede the election.

If EA won by a landslide, and a write-in, it's clear that the voice of the membership has been heard. ROAR (keep in mind that that's us) should allow the votes.
Bump
Old 11-17-2014, 10:06 AM   #124
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NITRO 540 View Post
I have read this entire thread. I can't believe this. REALLY!!!!
Roar is a governing body. We make hard disissions all the time. They may not be the answer you want. But it is FAIR. YES Eric Anderson's membership lapsed.
Making him ineligible to be nominated for President. The Excomm voted
Unamaisly. It's not a conspiracy. Steve Pond nor Steve Mruk had NO SAY in the matter. I personally do not know Eric Anderson. He sounds like a guy that would
defiantly make a difference to our hobby we all love. But the Rules are Rules.
We may not like the rules. But it's Fair. I am the promotions director for Roar.
I am also a part of the executive committee. I was running off road for years. I have recently switched to on road. My findings with on road are largely econimicly induced.Roar can't fix everything. But we try to fix what we can that works for everyone involved. That's not easy.
Thanks
David Lee
I have read the entire thread and have nothing to do with ROAR but really! A guy unanimously gets voted in and he loses because of a technically. Typical political BS. The guy the people want in to fix the mess, doesn't get in. Sounds just like our government. If it was fair then all the examples used would start a new year from the new date purchased. Can't have it both ways.

I hope the actual folks that did vote, do speak with their wallets and don't show up to Roar races.
goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:10 AM   #125
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2drt View Post
I have read the entire thread and have nothing to do with ROAR but really! A guy unanimously gets voted in and he loses because of a technically. Typical political BS. The guy the people want in to fix the mess, doesn't get in. Sounds just like our government. If it was fair then all the examples used would start a new year from the new date purchased. Can't have it both ways.

I hope the actual folks that did vote, do speak with their wallets and don't show up to Roar races.
It's not even a technicality. They told Eric the ROAR administrator contacted him to let him know his membership expired but they can't prove it.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:13 AM   #126
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
It's not even a technicality. They told Eric the ROAR administrator contacted him to let him know his membership expired but they can't prove it.
Even crazier. BTW nice run this weekend.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:13 AM   #127
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
From what I understand in the Bylaws it requires that the President be on the Excomm at some point too. And I understand that Steve Murk was not on the Excomm was prior to becoming president? Is this true. If so why the selective enforcement of the rules?
Steve Mruk was previously on the excom as promotions director.
howardcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:15 AM   #128
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
I have read the entire thread and have nothing to do with ROAR but really! A guy unanimously gets voted in and he loses because of a technically. Typical political BS.
It was not unanimous.
howardcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:18 AM   #129
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardcano View Post
It was not unanimous.
But he won right? Wrong choice of words.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:20 AM   #130
Tech Elite

Quote:

The election is not even over! Nobody knows if he had the most votes and nobody likely ever will. The fact is that on-road is a small segment in the scheme of things so the most likely outcome will be a winner known to the off-road crowd.

ROAR is nothing. They do not make money, the volunteers are not making a living from this. You are not boycotting Walmart! By boycotting ROAR races you are boycotting tracks who for the most part are run by fellow racers, clubs that are run by racers, and racers themselves. You are hurting yourselves. The best case scenario is that ROAR dies then those involved lose their volunteer positions and have a lot more free time on their hands. You showed 'em!

The Carpet Nats is the perfect example. You guys are going to boycott it? That only hurts the host club and it's members (who happen to be your friends and fellow racers).
Old 11-17-2014, 10:20 AM   #131
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

It's a fixed election. Two or three guys currently in power are trying to fall back on a loosely worded rule to keep out a candidate that is already winning by a huge margin. And they're trying to play both sides by saying EA's membership was lapsed even though he was charged for that supposed lapsed time as "courtesy."

This is ROAR. This is what we have in place to govern our sport. Hundreds of people voted for EA after a grassroots campaign got the word out about trying to make a positive change, and ROAR is doing its best to keep it from happening. The same ineffective leadership that got us where we are today is fighting for its life. So they can do more of the same. Nothing.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:27 AM   #132
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
The election is not even over! Nobody knows if he had the most votes and nobody likely ever will. The fact is that on-road is a small segment in the scheme of things so the most likely outcome will be a winner known to the off-road crowd.

ROAR is nothing. They do not make money, the volunteers are not making a living from this. You are not boycotting Walmart! By boycotting ROAR races you are boycotting tracks who for the most part are run by fellow racers, clubs that are run by racers, and racers themselves. You are hurting yourselves. The best case scenario is that ROAR dies then those involved lose their volunteer positions and have a lot more free time on their hands. You showed 'em!

The Carpet Nats is the perfect example. You guys are going to boycott it? That only hurts the host club and it's members (who happen to be your friends and fellow racers).

Wow Rick, I didn't see this coming from you.

Racers seem to support non roar races also. IIC, snowbirds. The track that's hosting the Roar carpet Nats won't be a sell out because of it being the Roar Nats. It will sell out because all the racers know that group of guys at that track are a great group of racers to the hobby. Nothing to do with roar.

Thanks,
Drew
Old 11-17-2014, 10:27 AM   #133
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:

Exactly what Rick says! I have stated several places that I do not want anyone to boycott a ROAR race over this.

In the long run Ive been told by several that ROAR did me a favor! LOL

Thanks Rick

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:28 AM   #134
Tech Elite

Quote:

Fair enough. I don't care either way as it will be a long time before I ever have the talent to race at one of these events. I don't know enough either about Roar of the process. I am only commenting based on the posts and seems pretty stupid a guy doesn't win because of one reason and that is his membership lapsing yet it appears at least on this forum he has a lot of support. The thing that is crazy is all the examples of other letting their membership lapse yet the date reverts back to the original date. Just seems like a double standard.

Either way it won't effect me at all. Just bored and thought I would read the thread. carry on.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:30 AM   #135
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If only there were a way to give all the money to Horsham for their race... The people who actually deserve it.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote