R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-17-2014, 08:16 AM   #106
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I can't say I'm surprised .. but am very disappointed in ROAR and feel sorry for EA who had my vote and support.

I just took a look at my ROAR membership cards and my email confirmations of payment over the past couple of years ...

My question on the ruling would be this ..

I applied for membership on Jan 20 2012 (card expires on Jan 20 2013)
I renewed my membership on Jan 22 2013 (card expires on Jan 20 2014)
I renewed my membership on Jan 29 2014 (card expires on Jan 20 2015)

Something to point out here:

Even though my memberships were pay'd for on different days, my membership expires on the same day every year.

If I pay for a 1 year membership .. and I lapse a couple of days, which I did (2 days in 2013 and 9 days in 2014) .. shouldn't my most recent card expire on Jan 29th?

But it doesn't ..

It expires on the 20th, meaning ROAR has applied my payment to my lapsed days. If they took my money for those lapsed days, then I was a member on those days.

I'm paying for said "courtesy" ..

Just saying ..
ByteStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:16 AM   #107
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Just another nail in the coffin and why I won't run ROAR events. They are not getting one dime of my money. I work too hard to piss it way. Plenty of other racing I can do at places that don't support ROAR. Quit giving ROAR money as then they have no power to do anything.
Do you race at ROAR affiliated track Bumps & Jumps (in your sig?)
Old 11-17-2014, 08:21 AM   #108
Tech Master

Here are some email address's if you guys want to send complaints in. Not that they will answer the email or anything like that because its unheard of anyone from Roar to answer a email. Pretty sure these guys were the most vocal about EA not being able to be prez. Let them know how you feel. Tell them in email or better face to face. I can't wait to meet these guys and tell them what a great job they have been doing.

Fred H. Administrator@roarracing.com
Steve Mruk. President@roarracing.com
Steve Pond. Secretary@roarracing.com
Rob King. Technicaldir@roarracing.com
David Lee. Promodir@roarracing.com

Don't trust Roar 2015!!!!!

Thanks,
Drew

Last edited by Drew Ellis; 11-17-2014 at 09:52 AM.
Drew Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:23 AM   #109
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonracing View Post
Roar is crap. go read EA's statement on facebook about roar screwing with him. Im willing to bet he won by a landslide and the good 'Ol boys didnt like it and are trying to deny him the position of president.

https://www.facebook.com/EAMotorsports?fref=ts

Taken from EA's facebook page.

So I just want to go ahead and post here before people see it tomorrow from elsewhere.

I was contacted by ROAR Thursday of this week and informed that I would NOT be allowed to be elected ROAR President due to the fact that my ROAR membership lapsed for "50 days". Some how this year ROAR never sent me a notice that my affiliate membership was expiring soon (and I forgot) like they have in all the years passed (I wonder why they "Forgot" this year???). As soon as I realized it was expired I contacted them and sent the payment in.

Even on my new card it shows there is no lapse in my membership. When asked about this ROAR informed me that they date them as a "courtesy" to members so that it shows no lapse in membership. But I guess since this is finally there way of keeping me out of office I am not offered that "courtesy". It seems that they have tried to do everything they can to prevent the inevitable from happening. The email also stated that they had received so many votes for me that the only thing they could do was to allow any member who voted for me to recast their vote for another candidate.

This was the 3rd thing that was thrown up to try and prevent my bid for President. The good ol boy club just doesn't want to see someone in there that is actually ready to do the job and do the job right for all of RC...not just what they are interested in and their own personal agendas. I am actually pretty shocked about some of the comments Ive heard other EXCOM members saying about all of this as well but I suppose I shouldn't be all that surprised.

For anyone that signed up with ROAR just to vote for me that doesn't agree with how this has all been handled I would first like to apologize for the problems this has caused to any of you. Second I would call them and demand a refund of the membership. I am sure they will not want to do this and for most of you I am sure most used paypal for their membership. I would dispute the paypal charges in order to get your money back on the membership due to ROAR's decision.
Bump
Old 11-17-2014, 08:41 AM   #110
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So a conspiracy predicated on a candidate forgetting to renew their membership prior to even announcing their intention to run? Good stuff. Does this conspiracy also involve time travel? If so I have a new respect for the leadership at ROAR.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:42 AM   #111
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByteStream View Post
I can't say I'm surprised .. but am very disappointed in ROAR and feel sorry for EA who had my vote and support.

I just took a look at my ROAR membership cards and my email confirmations of payment over the past couple of years ...

My question on the ruling would be this ..

I applied for membership on Jan 20 2012 (card expires on Jan 20 2013)
I renewed my membership on Jan 22 2013 (card expires on Jan 20 2014)
I renewed my membership on Jan 29 2014 (card expires on Jan 20 2015)

Something to point out here:

Even though my memberships were pay'd for on different days, my membership expires on the same day every year.

If I pay for a 1 year membership .. and I lapse a couple of days, which I did (2 days in 2013 and 9 days in 2014) .. shouldn't my most recent card expire on Jan 29th?

But it doesn't ..

It expires on the 20th, meaning ROAR has applied my payment to my lapsed days. If they took my money for those lapsed days, then I was a member on those days.

I'm paying for said "courtesy" ..

Just saying ..
This is a VERY interesting point. And how does that work from an insurance perspective. If they charged you for that period of time, aren't you covered for that period of time. Aren't you a member? ROAR may want to tap the brakes on this excuse to keep EA out and start looking for reason #4.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:25 AM   #112
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

From the ROAR by-laws:
The President and Vice President must have
been a member in good standing for a year prior to election.

It doesn't state the period must immediately precede the election.

If EA won by a landslide, and a write-in, it's clear that the voice of the membership has been heard. ROAR (keep in mind that that's us) should allow the votes.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:33 AM   #113
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph m View Post
From the ROAR by-laws:

If EA won by a landslide, and a write-in, it's clear that the voice of the membership has been heard. ROAR (keep in mind that that's us) should allow the votes.
I agree. I feel that this is a manipulation of the rules as they are written. As a former Excomm member I do not believe they are operating in good faith or correctly on this matter. Your membership will expire on the same date every year regardless of when you renew in the period. So you wont get those 50 days on the backside so even more so that is a foul on the current admins part. Very bad form

MMR Direct Minneapolis World Class Indoor Race Facility.
On Road and Off Road racing year round.

www.molzermoweryracing.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MMR/160679913944205?__req=9

Check out You Tube mmrswracing. Every qualifier and every main uploaded at the end of every race day.
ammdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:42 AM   #114
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

I have read this entire thread. I can't believe this. REALLY!!!!
Roar is a governing body. We make hard disissions all the time. They may not be the answer you want. But it is FAIR. YES Eric Anderson's membership lapsed.
Making him ineligible to be nominated for President. The Excomm voted
Unamaisly. It's not a conspiracy. Steve Pond nor Steve Mruk had NO SAY in the matter. I personally do not know Eric Anderson. He sounds like a guy that would
defiantly make a difference to our hobby we all love. But the Rules are Rules.
We may not like the rules. But it's Fair. I am the promotions director for Roar.
I am also a part of the executive committee. I was running off road for years. I have recently switched to on road. My findings with on road are largely econimicly induced.Roar can't fix everything. But we try to fix what we can that works for everyone involved. That's not easy.
Thanks
David Lee

Last edited by NITRO 540; 11-17-2014 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Spelling
NITRO 540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:47 AM   #115
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NITRO 540 View Post
... They may not be the answer you want. But it is FAIR. YES Eric Anderson's membership lapsed.
If a ROAR membership card has an expiration date on it .. I would assume you would count the 365 days prior to that date as the person being a member? Correct?
ByteStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:49 AM   #116
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Look how well things turned out for ROAR last time they made tough decision and cited their ambiguous rules.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:56 AM   #117
Tech Master

Quote:
Roar is a governing body. We make hard disissions all the time.
How bout."we make horrible decisions all the time"

Thanks,
Drew
Old 11-17-2014, 09:58 AM   #118
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

Quote:
Roar is a governing body. We make hard disissions all the time. They may not be the answer you want. But it is FAIR. YES Eric Anderson's membership lapsed.
Unamaisly. It's not a conspiracy. Steve Pond nor Steve Mruk had NO SAY in the matter. I personally do not know Eric Anderson. He sounds like a guy that would
We may not like the rules. But it's Fair. I am the promotions director for Roar.
I am also a part of the executive committee. I was running off road for years. I have recently switched to on road. My findings with on road are largely econimicly induced.Roar can't fix everything. But we try to fix what we can that works for everyone involved. That's not easy.
Thanks
David Lee

From what I understand in the Bylaws it requires that the President be on the Excomm at some point too. And I understand that Steve Murk was not on the Excomm was prior to becoming president? Is this true. If so why the selective enforcement of the rules?

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:59 AM   #119
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks
David Lee
Where is the proof that it lapsed and Eric was contacted to give him a chance to renew it as you all told him? You all can say what you want but that doesn't mean anything if you can't prove it.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:00 AM   #120
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph m View Post
From the ROAR by-laws:

Ditto. VERY Sad to see ROAR use a minor technicality of any sort to thwart a very popular choice for President.

Jake D.