R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-30-2014, 03:13 PM   #61
Tech Elite

Oh no, not the jimmies!
Old 10-30-2014, 10:02 PM   #62
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

The people are speaking with their votes... I sure hope ROAR is listening to it's membership!
Old 11-04-2014, 09:54 AM   #63
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiml View Post
Mr. Andersen,

I am intrigued by your interest in being the ROAR president. By the way I want to say thank you for your previous service to ROAR and our hobby. But I have a very direct political question for you. In the recent past ROAR had to deal with a particularly bad situation concerning the approval of an electric motor. Given the facts as you know them, how would you have handled the Trinity 3.5 motor situation?
It's interesting that this election for ROAR President brings together 3 people who all had a role in the D3.5 fiasco. Steve Pond was President when the D3.5 was initially approved and then un-approved, Steve Mruk inherited the mess and negotiated a settlement to the lawsuit which resulted from the un-approval, and Eric Anderson's company (EA Motorsports) was one of the three companies (EA Motorsports, Fantom and TrinCorp) that initiated the lawsuit.

Seems that the effects of that situation are still being felt by ROAR......
BIGCHUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 05:51 PM   #64
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGCHUCK View Post
It's interesting that this election for ROAR President brings together 3 people who all had a role in the D3.5 fiasco. Steve Pond was President when the D3.5 was initially approved and then un-approved, Steve Mruk inherited the mess and negotiated a settlement to the lawsuit which resulted from the un-approval, and Eric Anderson's company (EA Motorsports) was one of the three companies (EA Motorsports, Fantom and TrinCorp) that initiated the lawsuit.

Seems that the effects of that situation are still being felt by ROAR......
Of course the affects of the situation are still being felt by ROAR, that's a moot point. So the real question is are you trying to say something else other than pointing out the obvious? Just because Eric's company was a part of the lawsuit doesn't in any way shape or form disqualify him from being a viable candidate for President. In fact it gives him a better perspective and more experience into those types of issues. And I for one can appreciate the fact that he stood up for what he believed to be an injustice no matter how unpopular it was to the masses.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:29 PM   #65
Tech Master

You're working too hard to read extra into my post. I was not suggesting that Eric's involvment in the lawsuit or as a motor reseller disqualifies him from running for ROAR President. In fact I believe Eric and I have a lot of respect for each other and we spoke for quite some time on the phone about him running for the office. I've been serving as Electric Section Chairman for about a month and we shared some viewpoints on the challenges ahead.

But then I'm a guy who thought there was no problem with a motor guy being tech director either. If involvement in the business side of the sport / hobby automatically disqualifies someone then we make it pretty hard for anyone with expertise to serve the organization.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:32 PM   #66
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
Of course the affects of the situation are still being felt by ROAR, that's a moot point. So the real question is are you trying to say something else other than pointing out the obvious? Just because Eric's company was a part of the lawsuit doesn't in any way shape or form disqualify him from being a viable candidate for President. In fact it gives him a better perspective and more experience into those types of issues. And I for one can appreciate the fact that he stood up for what he believed to be an injustice no matter how unpopular it was to the masses.
+1
Who better knows the effect of a "change of mind" approval decision than a business owner who took a huge hit in his pocket book because of said decision.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:45 PM   #67
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
You're working too hard to read extra into my post. I was not suggesting that Eric's involvment in the lawsuit or as a motor reseller disqualifies him from running for ROAR President. In fact I believe Eric and I have a lot of respect for each other and we spoke for quite some time on the phone about him running for the office. I've been serving as Electric Section Chairman for about a month and we shared some viewpoints on the challenges ahead.

But then I'm a guy who thought there was no problem with a motor guy being tech director either. If involvement in the business side of the sport / hobby automatically disqualifies someone then we make it pretty hard for anyone with expertise to serve the organization.
How you intended it to read and how it read are both entirely different. Take a step back, try to read it from a different perspective to understand why I say this. It in no way, shape or form read like you were in support of EA. I'm just calling it out. Back to the topic of this thread...
Old 11-04-2014, 08:14 PM   #68
Tech Master

I actually read it several times. It wasn't originally intended as support of any of the candidates. It simply pointed out all three were involved in the fiasco and briefly described their roles. No value judgment was made or implied on the role of any of the gentlemen who were involved.

Why did I post it? Because I found it ironic that all were involved in that battle and are now, more or less, battling it out again. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:57 AM   #69
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
I actually read it several times. It wasn't originally intended as support of any of the candidates. It simply pointed out all three were involved in the fiasco and briefly described their roles. No value judgment was made or implied on the role of any of the gentlemen who were involved.

Why did I post it? Because I found it ironic that all were involved in that battle and are now, more or less, battling it out again. Nothing more, nothing less.
Actually, it's not ironic. It really shows that the number of people who really want to be involved with the business end of our sport/hobby is very, very small. In fact, the whole "debacle" was caused by the fact that there are only a handful of people willing to step up. ROAR doesn't have the resources to bring F1 level testing to RC racing. Having a guy who knows something about motors do the testing for ROAR approval makes sense, unless (and this is where I better stop, because this is where I'll get way too political, and this thread should be about ROAR's future, not the past. I have a very strong opinion about that situation, but I'll leave it behind).
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 12:20 PM   #70
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

when will the election be decided? what date?
dragonracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 12:27 PM   #71
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

I was told at the end of November. Right after Thanksgiving.

So there's no time to waste!
Old 11-05-2014, 12:56 PM   #72
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

November 28 is the day.
howardcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:17 PM   #73
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Voted for someone not named Steve.
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:21 PM   #74
Tech Adept

Thumbs up VOTE

Who was it that said "if you don't vote you can't complain."

I voted today!
tdu verney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 01:51 AM   #75
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdu verney View Post
Who was it that said "if you don't vote you can't complain."

I voted today!
And if you aren't a ROAR member, you can't vote!

Join, vote... then complain.
howardcano is offline   Reply With Quote