Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR Election

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 05:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

EA. If you're elected, do you plan on becoming "politically correct"? I hope not. 😉
Old 10-29-2014, 05:37 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
EA. If you're elected, do you plan on becoming "politically correct"? I hope not. ��
Unlikely given his advanced age.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

EA gets my vote.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by avs
Unlikely given his advanced age.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

For anyone who is interested there is a thread in the Racing forum about the ROAR Region 2 Regional Director election.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...-2-voting.html

Take a read through that and maybe you'll understand why most people don't last in ROAR positions.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:12 AM
Tech Lord

Mr. Andersen,

I am intrigued by your interest in being the ROAR president. By the way I want to say thank you for your previous service to ROAR and our hobby. But I have a very direct political question for you. In the recent past ROAR had to deal with a particularly bad situation concerning the approval of an electric motor. Given the facts as you know them, how would you have handled the Trinity 3.5 motor situation?
Old 10-30-2014, 06:20 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiml
Mr. Andersen,

I am intrigued by your interest in being the ROAR president. By the way I want to say thank you for your previous service to ROAR and our hobby. But I have a very direct political question for you. In the recent past ROAR had to deal with a particularly bad situation concerning the approval of an electric motor. Given the facts as you know them, how would you have handled the Trinity 3.5 motor situation?

Hi Jim,

Thanks.

Its really hard to say how I would have went about it given the fact that I (and the general ROAR members) dont know all the facts that were behind closed doors. So its really all speculation on our parts to give a definite answer. But I do believe that a LOT of the problem could have been solved with more communication between all the parties involved (privately and not drug out through the public channels). When communication stops (or never happens in the first place) it never leads to good endings. I am 100% sure that a better outcome could have been achieved with better communication between the parties involved.

Sorry that's a vague answer but without all the behind the scene facts and not knowing exactly how things are handled within ROAR its hard to give a better answer.

Thanks
EA
Old 10-30-2014, 06:49 AM
Tech Lord

Well, that response proves to me you are a perfect politician!

Which is not a bad thing. A leadership position like this requires that type of diplomatic ability (some would call that a good line of BS).

I have been saying for a long time that racer's are their own worst enemy. What I mean by that is when any decision is made by anyone in charge (be it ROAR or a local track official) if one racer isn't happy with it, they instantly throw a temper tantrum and start blaming everything and everyone for what just happened to him. I'm sure you've seen posts questioning a track owners business skills, or manhood, or the most common complaint for all ills, it's ROAR's fault. Very few racers really understand what it takes to run a successful race program, although I have to say that number is slowly growing.

I wish you well in your election bid. I thought I knew who I was going to vote for, now I'm not so sure.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:56 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiml
Well, that response proves to me you are a perfect politician!

Which is not a bad thing. A leadership position like this requires that type of diplomatic ability (some would call that a good line of BS).

I have been saying for a long time that racer's are their own worst enemy. What I mean by that is when any decision is made by anyone in charge (be it ROAR or a local track official) if one racer isn't happy with it, they instantly throw a temper tantrum and start blaming everything and everyone for what just happened to him. I'm sure you've seen posts questioning a track owners business skills, or manhood, or the most common complaint for all ills, it's ROAR's fault. Very few racers really understand what it takes to run a successful race program, although I have to say that number is slowly growing.

I wish you well in your election bid. I thought I knew who I was going to vote for, now I'm not so sure.
LOL.

I agree 100% that racers are their own worst enemy at times. They always "think" they know what is best but sometimes what appears to be the best on initial impression may not be whats best on the long term side of things.

Sometimes its better to step back, consult and think about things for a day instead of jumping to conclusions and make improper decisions. Having the right people around you that will exchange ideas, listen and give good honest feedback will go a long way to making the tough decisions thats in the best interest of the hobby for both racers and manufactures. One thing you dont need is a bunch of "yes" men that will just agree with what ever you ask or recommend. There always needs to be the devils advocate to keep everyone honest and think processes out.

Thanks again
EA
Old 10-30-2014, 07:52 AM
Tech Lord

Having the right people around you who are willing to stick around is the hard part.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

Renewed my membership and voted. Now its time to spread the word.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Looks like I'll have to join ROAR for the first time ever to make this vote. But if it means potentially getting someone really behind the wheel and making things happen, so be it.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

+1 EA Got my vote
Old 10-30-2014, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
Looks like I'll have to join ROAR for the first time ever to make this vote. But if it means potentially getting someone really behind the wheel and making things happen, so be it.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I hear wrinkled old jimmies are being rustled.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.