R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2014, 05:13 PM   #46
Tech Champion
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,368
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

EA. If you're elected, do you plan on becoming "politically correct"? I hope not. 😉
__________________
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:37 PM   #47
avs
Tech Master
 
avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin View Post
EA. If you're elected, do you plan on becoming "politically correct"? I hope not. ��
Unlikely given his advanced age.
__________________
Tony Shimko
avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:36 PM   #48
Tech Elite
 
303slowdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rapid City SD.
Posts: 2,299
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

EA gets my vote.
__________________
Ryan Borgheiinck
303slowdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:37 PM   #49
Tech Champion
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,368
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs View Post
Unlikely given his advanced age.
__________________
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:08 AM   #50
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,182
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

For anyone who is interested there is a thread in the Racing forum about the ROAR Region 2 Regional Director election.

ROAR Region 2 voting

Take a read through that and maybe you'll understand why most people don't last in ROAR positions.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:12 AM   #51
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,182
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Mr. Andersen,

I am intrigued by your interest in being the ROAR president. By the way I want to say thank you for your previous service to ROAR and our hobby. But I have a very direct political question for you. In the recent past ROAR had to deal with a particularly bad situation concerning the approval of an electric motor. Given the facts as you know them, how would you have handled the Trinity 3.5 motor situation?
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:20 AM   #52
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,116
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiml View Post
Mr. Andersen,

I am intrigued by your interest in being the ROAR president. By the way I want to say thank you for your previous service to ROAR and our hobby. But I have a very direct political question for you. In the recent past ROAR had to deal with a particularly bad situation concerning the approval of an electric motor. Given the facts as you know them, how would you have handled the Trinity 3.5 motor situation?

Hi Jim,

Thanks.

Its really hard to say how I would have went about it given the fact that I (and the general ROAR members) dont know all the facts that were behind closed doors. So its really all speculation on our parts to give a definite answer. But I do believe that a LOT of the problem could have been solved with more communication between all the parties involved (privately and not drug out through the public channels). When communication stops (or never happens in the first place) it never leads to good endings. I am 100% sure that a better outcome could have been achieved with better communication between the parties involved.

Sorry that's a vague answer but without all the behind the scene facts and not knowing exactly how things are handled within ROAR its hard to give a better answer.

Thanks
EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:49 AM   #53
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,182
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Well, that response proves to me you are a perfect politician!

Which is not a bad thing. A leadership position like this requires that type of diplomatic ability (some would call that a good line of BS).

I have been saying for a long time that racer's are their own worst enemy. What I mean by that is when any decision is made by anyone in charge (be it ROAR or a local track official) if one racer isn't happy with it, they instantly throw a temper tantrum and start blaming everything and everyone for what just happened to him. I'm sure you've seen posts questioning a track owners business skills, or manhood, or the most common complaint for all ills, it's ROAR's fault. Very few racers really understand what it takes to run a successful race program, although I have to say that number is slowly growing.

I wish you well in your election bid. I thought I knew who I was going to vote for, now I'm not so sure.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:56 AM   #54
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,116
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiml View Post
Well, that response proves to me you are a perfect politician!

Which is not a bad thing. A leadership position like this requires that type of diplomatic ability (some would call that a good line of BS).

I have been saying for a long time that racer's are their own worst enemy. What I mean by that is when any decision is made by anyone in charge (be it ROAR or a local track official) if one racer isn't happy with it, they instantly throw a temper tantrum and start blaming everything and everyone for what just happened to him. I'm sure you've seen posts questioning a track owners business skills, or manhood, or the most common complaint for all ills, it's ROAR's fault. Very few racers really understand what it takes to run a successful race program, although I have to say that number is slowly growing.

I wish you well in your election bid. I thought I knew who I was going to vote for, now I'm not so sure.
LOL.

I agree 100% that racers are their own worst enemy at times. They always "think" they know what is best but sometimes what appears to be the best on initial impression may not be whats best on the long term side of things.

Sometimes its better to step back, consult and think about things for a day instead of jumping to conclusions and make improper decisions. Having the right people around you that will exchange ideas, listen and give good honest feedback will go a long way to making the tough decisions thats in the best interest of the hobby for both racers and manufactures. One thing you dont need is a bunch of "yes" men that will just agree with what ever you ask or recommend. There always needs to be the devils advocate to keep everyone honest and think processes out.

Thanks again
EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:52 AM   #55
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,182
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Having the right people around you who are willing to stick around is the hard part.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:46 AM   #56
Tech Regular
 
Khador12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 269
Default

Renewed my membership and voted. Now its time to spread the word.
__________________
Billy Stewart
Xray T4 17
Khador12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:05 AM   #57
Tech Elite
 
nf_ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Posts: 4,632
Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)
Default

Looks like I'll have to join ROAR for the first time ever to make this vote. But if it means potentially getting someone really behind the wheel and making things happen, so be it.
__________________
Up the Irons \m/

Powered by Hotwings, Rolling Rock, and the urge to race toy cars...
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 12:39 PM   #58
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 81
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

+1 EA Got my vote
twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 02:11 PM   #59
Tech Elite
 
wwddww34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 2,560
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf_ekt View Post
Looks like I'll have to join ROAR for the first time ever to make this vote. But if it means potentially getting someone really behind the wheel and making things happen, so be it.
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/groups/BananaRaceway/
wwddww34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:10 PM   #60
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,125
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

I hear wrinkled old jimmies are being rustled.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:11 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net