ROAR Election

Old 11-28-2014, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Trust me you guys did a great job getting the attention of most everyone in the
Rc Industry. Both Steve's are very aware of what's on this thread.
The only thing that really bothers me about this thread is the fact that some people will make suggestions and complain about this or that. But they can't get off their chair to help. Meaning get engaged with your Region Director. Become a Region Director or become a member. Do something besides complain. Step up and help. It's called a Selfless Act. Donate Free Time. Create solutions.
I asked for a conference call. I have 1 guy that responded with great Ideas.
That's pretty pathetic for a bunch of people that complain about what needs to be fixed with Roar.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
This is literally the dumbest thing I've ever read on the Internet.
When you have a problem with your computer do you go out on the internet and expect Bill Gates to answer your microsoft questions?

When you car breaks down and you go to the Ford garage, do you get Mark Fields, the CEO of Ford to repair your car while you wait?

When your tekin esc dies, does that mean Jim Campbell has to fix it for you?

I am trying to put this into perspective using an analogy and not to be taken word for word.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

ROAR sucks, just go away already.

Tracks are closing left and right, and ROAR doesn't do a damn thing to help out. They have nothing going to bring new people into the hobby. All they care about is having big races that the average person could never afford to run. F them.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
If you follow the ROAR Prez facebook page he has no problem going out to speak with people that voted him in. He has been at the The Track in Gaithersburg over the last few weekends. He was at almost every offroad series race in the region over the summer. He also attended the Onroad Nats in Florida and the Offroad Nats in Texas to speak with the racers and manufacturers and show his support.
Just quoting you. You are the one that said you can't talk to him until you go through the region director. I don't know where he shows up and don't really care.

Not one person on here yet thought your president post was appropriate, that should tell you something.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am a region director at the moment for the next month. Most of the phone calls I take and what I participate in on this forum does get brought up whether you guys see or it hear it. I stepped down as the competition director a little over a year ago because I tried to reach out via this forum on some subjects and was implied in a silent way this was not being endorsed. Eventually the other guys who have reached out from the committee on here will probably come to a similar scenario where the public view will not go over well with a peer on the committee. I am in agreement with many of things brought up here. I thought ROAR could be fixed and that is why I did the regional director for the last two years, competition director for a short stint, etc. with actual aspirations of running for the president position to help implement a forward thinking organization. I then really saw the light and the restrictions of what you are put under. Everyone on that committee has to carry the weight and understand it's not a just show up when you feel like caring situation. Until that is fixed, it will continue.

just stupid.... why not use your real name champ
Old 11-28-2014, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Just quoting you. You are the one that said you can't talk to him until you go through the region director. I don't know where he shows up and don't really care.

Not one person on here yet thought your president post was appropriate, that should tell you something.
The internet is great for taking things quite literally and out of context which most of us on the past page have done.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jack Kloeber
just stupid.... why not use your real name champ
Jason Mackanick if you are concerned. It's been my username from before ROAR and is derived from when most computer applications only allowed eight characters. Do you want my email address and phone number too? I have nothing to hide.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Last edited by syndr0me; 11-28-2014 at 08:02 AM. Reason: meh, nobody cares
Old 11-28-2014, 08:07 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Speed Freak RC
ROAR sucks, just go away already.

Tracks are closing left and right, and ROAR doesn't do a damn thing to help out. They have nothing going to bring new people into the hobby. All they care about is having big races that the average person could never afford to run. F them.
I agree that large organisations must help/support clubs but if there is no local interest there is not much you can do. Also the track/club is responsable to get itself in the picture of the local people and that is not done that much....
Old 11-28-2014, 08:27 AM
Tech Champion

Not everything at ROAR goes bad. There is some hope from your past.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...r#post11946959
"Wow, where do I begin?

First, I have to complement ROAR on an outstanding job. Once the motor tech situation got resolved, things were really smooth. I've haven't been a particularly big supporter of ROAR as of late, but the guys at the race were total class. And they were willing to listen to the racers."

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...r#post13580435

"IN!!!!!!!!!" for the 2015 Carpet Nats.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...r#post13477690

"It would be kinda cool to see ROAR step up and organize their own race at a temporary venue (mall, hotel, or somewhere else with lots of exposure) and handle all the logistics. I'd definitely travel for that no matter where it was."
Old 11-28-2014, 08:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
I agree that large organisations must help/support clubs but if there is no local interest there is not much you can do. Also the track/club is responsable to get itself in the picture of the local people and that is not done that much....
+1
Old 11-28-2014, 09:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Not everything at ROAR goes bad. There is some hope from your past.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...r#post11946959
"Wow, where do I begin?

First, I have to complement ROAR on an outstanding job. Once the motor tech situation got resolved, things were really smooth. I've haven't been a particularly big supporter of ROAR as of late, but the guys at the race were total class. And they were willing to listen to the racers."

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...r#post13580435

"IN!!!!!!!!!" for the 2015 Carpet Nats.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...r#post13477690

"It would be kinda cool to see ROAR step up and organize their own race at a temporary venue (mall, hotel, or somewhere else with lots of exposure) and handle all the logistics. I'd definitely travel for that no matter where it was."
Horsham nats was a good experience. To their credit, ROAR did a good job of not screwing things up. The Horsham people are what made that race great.

I want ROAR to work. That's why I joined the campaign to try and replace most of you with competent people.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Horsham nats was a good experience. To their credit, ROAR did a good job of not screwing things up. The Horsham people are what made that race great.

I want ROAR to work. That's why I joined the campaign to try and replace most of you with competent people.
When can you start? Love to have you.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

When you have a problem with your computer do you go out on the internet and expect Bill Gates to answer your microsoft questions?

When you car breaks down and you go to the Ford garage, do you get Mark Fields, the CEO of Ford to repair your car while you wait?

When your tekin esc dies, does that mean Jim Campbell has to fix it for you?

I am trying to put this into perspective using an analogy and not to be taken word for word.
ROAR is essentially a club for toy car racers, not some multi million $$, investor conglomerate
Your analogies are way out of perspective, unless you folks actually take yourselves that serious ?

Yes, I can talk to Jim Campbell, Ernst, Howhart, Cochran, Carbone, Hudy, Calandra, Epp, etc, etc
They come to IIC every year

I don't trouble them unless I have a question, in which case they answer best they can

Heck, at the Sponsor Meet n' Greet, you can discuss what ever you like with them while enjoying Free beer & tacos

I don't have the time or resources to hit a ROAR race unless it's within a few hours drive, so I get that some of us may never see the Excom

All the more reason for them to open up here, and take some heat, or compliments, or in the very least, start engaging roar members on their very own roar forum, which to be honest, is a ghostown
Old 11-28-2014, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

It's a two way street on communication. Deciding the location appears to be the issue. A thread was started over there at http://roarracing.org/4rmb/showthrea...=3796#post3796 where Paul King did give some response.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.