R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-28-2014, 10:09 AM   #16
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,897
Default

voted!
__________________
www.reedypower.com
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:26 AM   #17
Tech Elite
 
olhipster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Asgard
Posts: 3,922
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1
Default Info

okay....want to vote
but where do we find info on the names on the list.

only know two names on the list....
kinda of hard to place a vote without info


a small bio should be submitted for each candidate, at least to get a hint whom is there.
__________________
everything is Cause and effect
every Action has a reaction.
"I drank too much wine - I must take a p!ss"
CAUSE and EFFECT
olhipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:25 PM   #18
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,474
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

I realize everybody here has there own ideas on how ROAR should be run, but before you get elected to implement your master plan consider what goes on these days.

Everybody, their mother and their dog has motors and batteries that they want approved...yesterday. There is a flood of products to be taken care of on a regular basis, so just keeping up on this front is enough of a job. Then there are the speed controls as well. The president is not always directly dealing with this stuff, but he hears about it especially if the manufacturer is not happy.

Your also trying to make sure that the nationals are on track, getting bids, and seeing the tracks follow through. There are class rules to be reviewed, in light of new developments or even new classes themselves. Don't forget to check on the regional directors, to see what is happening, if you can get somebody to do that job... There is plenty of stuff to worry about all day long, and that's after you have taken care of your day job. And your family.

On top of all that, maybe somebody will sue the organization. That won't take up any of your time at all.

Yeah, there is the rest of the excomm doing their jobs, but in the end your probably the guy getting the slack for what goes on. Honestly, this could be a full time job, and it should be in my opinion. That's not realistic, especially in light of the fact that most people don't want to pay the membership fee right now. Just consider that for people running some of the independent for profit races, it more or less IS their job.
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:32 PM   #19
Tech Elite
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,701
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
I realize everybody here has there own ideas on how ROAR should be run, but before you get elected to implement your master plan consider what goes on these days.

Everybody, their mother and their dog has motors and batteries that they want approved...yesterday. There is a flood of products to be taken care of on a regular basis, so just keeping up on this front is enough of a job. Then there are the speed controls as well. The president is not always directly dealing with this stuff, but he hears about it especially if the manufacturer is not happy.

Your also trying to make sure that the nationals are on track, getting bids, and seeing the tracks follow through. There are class rules to be reviewed, in light of new developments or even new classes themselves. Don't forget to check on the regional directors, to see what is happening, if you can get somebody to do that job... There is plenty of stuff to worry about all day long, and that's after you have taken care of your day job. And your family.

On top of all that, maybe somebody will sue the organization. That won't take up any of your time at all.

Yeah, there is the rest of the excomm doing their jobs, but in the end your probably the guy getting the slack for what goes on. Honestly, this could be a full time job, and it should be in my opinion. That's not realistic, especially in light of the fact that most people don't want to pay the membership fee right now. Just consider that for people running some of the independent for profit races, it more or less IS their job.
These are the very reasons why this needs to be a paid position. It has to be a win for all involved and to expect anyone to donate time they may not have is ridiculous. We need a full time dedicated person being compensated to take the bull by the horns!!!! What does it take to make this a paying position?
__________________
Goodwine Racing - RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Sanwa - Motiv - GravityRC - BN Racing
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:41 PM   #20
Company Representative
 
ammdrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 10,280
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Having spent many years as a regional and then excomm member. Helping us come into brushless and Lipo being some of the toughest excomm years. Time becomes huge for these jobs. I would say it today as I did over 10 years ago. We need to pay these top positions so they can reasonably apply the time and dedication required to do all of the work.

There were many times when we would spend more then 40 hours per week on rule book rewrites, approval processes, National processes. Grinding constantly trying to make fair and even playing field for everyone. Never a easy task and always a balance or vendor/racer/promoter.

ROAR's responsibility is to create rule packages that support and promote fair and equal racing. I am not looking for someone to create the next big class.. The vendors do that. We just need to see the racing governed so we all have the same sandbox and toys when we battle.

Who is that person who will do that today? I am sure I have not seen that from the two on the current ballet, Sell yourself as a write in and you may get my vote.
__________________
Team Tekin, Team Scream, Paint By Mike, Team Mölzer Mowery Racing, EA Motorsports, Speedmerchant, TQ Wire

MMR Direct Minneapolis World Class Indoor Race Facility.
On Road and Off Road racing year round.

www.molzermoweryracing.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MMR/160679913944205?__req=9

Check out You Tube mmrswracing. Every qualifier and every main uploaded at the end of every race day.
ammdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:44 PM   #21
Tech Elite
 
Odin544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
I realize everybody here has there own ideas on how ROAR should be run, but before you get elected to implement your master plan consider what goes on these days.

Everybody, their mother and their dog has motors and batteries that they want approved...yesterday. There is a flood of products to be taken care of on a regular basis, so just keeping up on this front is enough of a job. Then there are the speed controls as well. The president is not always directly dealing with this stuff, but he hears about it especially if the manufacturer is not happy.

Your also trying to make sure that the nationals are on track, getting bids, and seeing the tracks follow through. There are class rules to be reviewed, in light of new developments or even new classes themselves. Don't forget to check on the regional directors, to see what is happening, if you can get somebody to do that job... There is plenty of stuff to worry about all day long, and that's after you have taken care of your day job. And your family.

On top of all that, maybe somebody will sue the organization. That won't take up any of your time at all.

Yeah, there is the rest of the excomm doing their jobs, but in the end your probably the guy getting the slack for what goes on. Honestly, this could be a full time job, and it should be in my opinion. That's not realistic, especially in light of the fact that most people don't want to pay the membership fee right now. Just consider that for people running some of the independent for profit races, it more or less IS their job.
I'd say most people don't want to pay because of the way its being run. I understand the commitment involved and the gratitude received especially when things don't always goes smooth. I think this should be a paid position as well based on the scale this is done on. Maybe then someone could spend the time needed to do the job. But currently ROAR doesn't give people a reason to want to join. People join ROAR because they HAVE to in order to run certain races. If ROAR stays on its current track they should expect less and less participation from the RC community.
__________________
Xray - ORCA - Avid RC - MaxFX Paint
TriCitiesRC.com
Odin544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 02:12 PM   #22
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,474
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin544 View Post
I'd say most people don't want to pay because of the way its being run. I understand the commitment involved and the gratitude received especially when things don't always goes smooth. I think this should be a paid position as well based on the scale this is done on. Maybe then someone could spend the time needed to do the job. But currently ROAR doesn't give people a reason to want to join. People join ROAR because they HAVE to in order to run certain races. If ROAR stays on its current track they should expect less and less participation from the RC community.
Please list your grievances. Seriously, since it would be good to hear what is wrong.
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 04:56 PM   #23
Tech Elite
 
artwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 3,059
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

It is time for some change with the ROAR leadership. As a result I have written in Eric Anderson for ROAR president. Eric is very active in the RC community not just on-road and I think he will put in maximum effort. You guys want some change...well it starts with your votes. If you agree please do the same!
__________________
Xray | Hudy | Sanwa | R1 Wurks | Avid | Protoform | Proline | 2mm Designs
artwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:18 PM   #24
Tech Elite
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,701
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
It is time for some change with the ROAR leadership. As a result I have written in Eric Anderson for ROAR president. Eric is very active in the RC community not just on-road and I think he will put in maximum effort. You guys want some change...well it starts with your votes. If you agree please do the same!
I agree and voted!!!
__________________
Goodwine Racing - RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Sanwa - Motiv - GravityRC - BN Racing
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:40 AM   #25
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 8,928
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Yes Ive decided to throw my hat in the ring as well. Below is what I posted to Facebook a few minutes ago after thinking it over for a couple of days and talking to some people in the industry.

Ive had a lot of people ask me about running for ROAR President this year. Its something I have always thought of simply because Ive been in this hobby/industry for 25 years now and it would be a way to give something back to a hobby thats given me so much fun (and grieve at times!). As my wife can attest its something that I have always done since before she even knew me. I eat, sleep and breath RC 8 months out of the year (the other 4 months there is no racing here in TN outside so I take a family break but still keep up with everything RC).

I have never been one that has claimed to know everything or even close and never will. If I were to win I will be going into this blind other than having some ideas about what ROAR should focus on but with the right people around me on the EXCOM I feel that some positive things can be accomplished.

1. I have 25 years of experience as a racer.

2. 10 years as a RC Business owner and travel to as many races a year as any paid factory driver.

3. I am someone who can pick up the phone and talk to any racer, company, organization world-wide. I feel I can open the channels of communication and lead ROAR into open discussions with the rest of the world!

4. I feel that ROAR needs someone who is at the track, communicates with the ROAR body and its members about issues and ideas. Its the only way to know which direction the industry/hobby is going. I believe I can be that person with your support!

5. ROAR needs to be proactive instead of reactive to issues and other things. The US is the largest industry for R/C products yet we are now following other nations. We have so many different sets of international rules and approvals it is staggering to me let alone the average racer who just wants to enjoy his hobby and race!

6. ROAR needs to grow as an organization and the only way to do that is get more people involved, more tracks involved and also keep the manufactures involved. Without all 3 of those things RC can not grow!

7. I have numerous years of experience as a region director, Excom electric section chairman and also electric section committee member within ROAR.

I can promise all of you I will do everything in my power to see if we cant get ROAR and RC racing here to increase and put out a better product for everyone! ROAR will flourish, manufacturer’s will be happy, race tracks will be given priority in my thinking (since they are the core of all of our success) and the end consumer, who will finally have fun and enjoy his hobby without all the day to day drama.

Vote for me and I'll do everything I can!
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | ProSpec America | Killer Concepts | AVID.

Last edited by EAMotorsports; 10-29-2014 at 07:57 AM.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:50 AM   #26
Tech Elite
 
mike ivy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Comin at ya from a distant galaxy
Posts: 2,785
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Hey Eric,

Cool man great news!!! I hope the best for ya




Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Yes Ive decided to throw my hat in the ring as well. Below is what I posted to Facebook a few minutes ago after thinking it over for a couple of days and talking to some people in the industry.

Ive had a lot of people ask me about running for ROAR President this year. Its something I have always thought of simply because Ive been in this hobby/industry for 25 years now and it would be a way to give something back to a hobby thats given me so much fun (and grieve at times!). As my wife can attest its something that I have always done since before she even knew me. I eat, sleep and breath RC 8 months out of the year (the other 4 months there is no racing here in TN outside so I take a family break but still keep up with everything RC).

I have never been one that has claimed to know everything or even close and never will. If I were to win I will be going into this blind other than having some ideas about what ROAR should focus on but with the right people around me on the EXCOM I feel that some positive things can be accomplished.

1. I have 25 years of experience as a racer.

2. 10 years as a RC Business owner and travel to as many races a year as any paid factory driver.

3. I am someone who can pick up the phone and talk to any racer, company, organization world-wide. I feel I can open the channels of communication and lead ROAR into open discussions with the rest of the world!

4. I feel that ROAR needs someone who is at the track, communicates with the ROAR body and its members about issues and ideas. Its the only way to know which direction the industry/hobby is going. I believe I can be that person with your support!

5. ROAR needs to be proactive instead of reactive to issues and other things. The US is the largest industry for R/C products yet we are now following other nations. We have so many different sets of international rules and approvals it is staggering to me let alone the average racer who just wants to enjoy his hobby and race!

6. ROAR needs to grow as an organization and the only way to do that is get more people involved, more tracks involved and also keep the manufactures involved. Without all 3 of those things RC can not grow!

I can promise all of you I will do everything in my power to see if we cant get ROAR and RC racing here to increase and put out a better product for everyone! ROAR will flourish, manufacturer’s will be happy, race tracks will be given priority in my thinking (since they are the core of all of our success) and the end consumer, who will finally have fun and enjoy his hobby without all the day to day drama.

Vote for me and I'll do everything I can!
__________________
[-eXpress motorsports-] [-TQ Wire-]

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:59 AM   #27
Company Representative
 
ammdrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 10,280
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

voted
__________________
Team Tekin, Team Scream, Paint By Mike, Team Mölzer Mowery Racing, EA Motorsports, Speedmerchant, TQ Wire

MMR Direct Minneapolis World Class Indoor Race Facility.
On Road and Off Road racing year round.

www.molzermoweryracing.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MMR/160679913944205?__req=9

Check out You Tube mmrswracing. Every qualifier and every main uploaded at the end of every race day.
ammdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:59 AM   #28
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 8,928
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Also I added #7 to my post due to the fact that there are people already saying I dont have the experience required which is false. I have served on the EXCOM, Region Director and committee member in the past.

Thanks
EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | ProSpec America | Killer Concepts | AVID.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:01 AM   #29
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,633
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Question! How/where do you vote?
thecaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:02 AM   #30
Tech Elite
 
artwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 3,059
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

http://www.roarracing.com/blog_post.php?pid=2227
__________________
Xray | Hudy | Sanwa | R1 Wurks | Avid | Protoform | Proline | 2mm Designs
artwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:51 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net