Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-18-2014, 06:14 AM   #256
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I can make up numbers too
Old 11-18-2014, 06:15 AM   #257
Tech Elite

Posted by EA on a fb thread. https://laplata.civicweb.net/Documen...t.aspx?ID=8905
Old 11-18-2014, 06:24 AM   #258
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

Going to be interesting for the person that does win the election with EA got getting his votes counted. Talk about a lame duck......
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 06:39 AM   #259
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joezjr View Post
Yep, before you jump to conclusions, maybe you should read this thread and get some better background on it. http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...l#post13592518

He is trying to start up a club within a county park. You also might want to look up ROAR PREZ on facebook and see the other things he is trying to do for the the hobby and even onroad guys. Take a look on the facebook page at his trip to Virginia International Raceway. I can tell you it was not for promoting an offroad event.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:50 AM   #260
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph m View Post
OK Jim, let's see your degree....didn't think so.

The by-laws clearly state "a year" not "the year" prior to election.
Yea I got your degree for ya, right here!!!

If we really have to worry about parsing every rule and line in the by laws, then this is a lost cause.

BTW, I'm in favor of letting Eric run.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 06:51 AM   #261
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by joezjr View Post
Also just to be clear that was a "repost" of what someone else posted and not me....Nothing more. It came from this thread if you look earlier in this thread

EA

Last edited by EAMotorsports; 11-18-2014 at 07:20 AM.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 06:55 AM   #262
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Pond and Mruk were involved in a series of unfortunate decisions that led to ROAR getting sued. They did far more damage than EA who was only named in the suit but not an active participant.
So the fact that Trinity got caught cheating has nothing to do with it, huh?
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:02 AM   #263
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

God forbid people do actual research before smearing people they've never met.

This certainly brings out the worst in the "community."
CBear3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:17 AM   #264
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

There must surely be another Write-in candidate for membership to submit that would be a viable option, be supported by a vocal base and frankly have voting majority that is rather turn-key.

I may end up under a bus for this but Rick Hohwart http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/...wart-8926.html has a closer pulse to the racer, has more industry experience than most others and is frankly actively + transparent. It's good to vent about Eric's situation and how yet again ROAR needs a good clean up and media training! There is an opportunity to get someone into the seat that with this vocal base can move the organization closer to its members.
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:17 AM   #265
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiml View Post
So the fact that Trinity got caught cheating has nothing to do with it, huh?
So the fact that ROAR passed the motors to begin with and then after many were sold and ordered decides, oops, it actually is illegal has nothing to do with it, huh?

Apparently the courts saw that differently as well. That is why the motors became legal again until a set time to replace due to the incompetence of ROAR's testing facility.

**TEAM RCAMERICA**XRAY**HUDY**PROLEVEL RC**
chensleyrc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:38 AM   #266
Tech Master

Sitting back here is my brief unbiased perspective:

Roar has struggled it seems to have positive racer support since I started in 1985. Through the years I remember seeing so many threads and topics solidifying this. Then this year someone comes along that racers seem to anxiously accept as a possible new President... someone that has been a Roar member probably 20 years now... has been to countless Roar Nats... has supported the industry in more ways than one... and obviously loves and cares for R/C racing as much as anyone. And for some reason Roar is working incredibly hard to find a way to disallow his eligibility. The bylaws state 'must be in good standing for a year prior to his candidacy'. Reading this to many people outside the industry they believe it could mean any year, and not just the year before. This could be interpreted both ways and should not be the reason for disallowing his candidacy (IMO). I am sure the intent of the rule was to prevent someone never being a part of Roar to jump in at the last second and not someone that has held 20 or so memberships in the past.

Again just my quick opinion... as we all surely have one LOL.
RCThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:41 AM   #267
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCThunder View Post

Roar has struggled it seems to have positive racer support since I started in 1985. Through the years I remember seeing so many threads and topics solidifying this. Then this year someone comes along that racers seem to anxiously accept as a possible new President... someone that has been a Roar member probably 20 years now... has been to countless Roar Nats... has supported the industry in more ways than one... and obviously loves and cares for R/C racing as much as anyone. And for some reason Roar is working incredibly hard to find a way to disallow his eligibility. The bylaws state 'must be in good standing for a year prior to his candidacy'. Reading this to many people outside the industry they believe it could mean any year, and not just the year before. This could be interpreted both ways and should not be the reason for disallowing his candidacy (IMO). I am sure the intent of the rule was to prevent someone never being a part of Roar to jump in at the last second and not someone that has held 20 or so memberships in the past.

This guy gets it
Old 11-18-2014, 07:54 AM   #268
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kuruption

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Pond and Mruk were involved in a series of unfortunate decisions that led to ROAR getting sued. They did far more damage than EA who was only named in the suit but not an active participant.
Actually, Mruk "inherited" the problem... since ROAR knew of possible issues with the approval going back way before even the election of Mruk. The problem is they sat on it for so long knowing the issues and regular communications over the issues with Trinity, and then suddenly issued a banned notice on the motors -- this is why Trinity had a problem with the ruling.

Not taking sides on the D3.5 ruling, just putting it all into perspective.
kuruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:05 AM   #269
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by chensleyrc1 View Post
So the fact that ROAR passed the motors to begin with and then after many were sold and ordered decides, oops, it actually is illegal has nothing to do with it, huh?

Apparently the courts saw that differently as well. That is why the motors became legal again until a set time to replace due to the incompetence of ROAR's testing facility.
That lawsuit never saw the inside of a courtroom so the court never saw anything.

**** "Luxury" ****
EricW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:48 AM   #270
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCThunder View Post

Ahhh.....the voice of reason and common sense. The voice that's rarely heard or considered in modern era politics or debates such as this. So many people with so many personal agendas - so few that consider what's best for "many". Pretty sad really.

Thanks Mike.

Dale - Protoform

Last edited by daleepp; 11-18-2014 at 09:06 AM. Reason: typo
daleepp is offline   Reply With Quote