R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   KO Propo Shorty Servo (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/842680-ko-propo-shorty-servo.html)

Turillo 10-19-2014 06:01 PM

KO Propo Shorty Servo

Fellas,

For touring car; what's the best KO shorty servo available? Model number(s) and personal experience appreciated.

Cheers and thanks.

cplus 10-19-2014 06:51 PM

They have two "top end" models

- RSx one10 Response
- BSx2 one10 Response

Both are under 0.10 speed and capable of 7.4V.

The latter uses a brushless motor and has a little more torque (7kg vs 10.5kg at 6V).

And is more expensive.

Either are up to task. Money no object, go brushless, it's a fairly new servo (released only a couple of months ago) so finding real world experiences might be hard.

It has the right specs and would be typical KO quality though, unlikely to go wrong.

TamiyaW1688 10-19-2014 07:52 PM

KO have Power and Response. Which one should be better for TC?

cplus 10-20-2014 02:27 AM

For electric TC the torque of the response series (especially the brushless one) is more than adequate.

If it was nitro/foam then you might sway to the power one.

Alexzheng028 11-03-2014 03:14 PM

Can you still run the power one ten bsx2 in a electric TC setup? I currently was using a BB Hitec servo which was around 25$ on ebay. Now I just recently bought two BSX2 Servo. One response which is the standard size one. And the one ten power. Now my car does not seem to be controllable. I will post a video when i can. My main question is, How exactly does a servo show signs of needing replacement. My my power one ten seems to have a weird sound similar to the cheap 20$ servo. So that gets me also wondering this next question. What is the difference between my cheap servo and my k.o.propo? Because So far I havent even seen the difference..(maybe its because my drivetrain or trans is messed up??)

Alexzheng028 11-03-2014 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Alexzheng028 (Post 13635767)
Can you still run the power one ten bsx2 in a electric TC setup? I currently was using a BB Hitec servo which was around 25$ on ebay. Now I just recently bought two BSX2 Servo. One response which is the standard size one. And the one ten power. Now my car does not seem to be controllable. I will post a video when i can. My main question is, How exactly does a servo show signs of needing replacement. My my power one ten seems to have a weird sound similar to the cheap 20$ servo. So that gets me also wondering this next question. What is the difference between my cheap servo and my k.o.propo? Because So far I havent even seen the difference..(maybe its because my drivetrain or trans is messed up??)

I am over steering @ 3mph....

JayL 11-03-2014 04:19 PM

The BSx2 one10 Response is an amazing servo, fast, tons of holding power and very precise "feel" and the brushless motor will last longer and run cooler, as do all brushless servos

Gomnadz 11-03-2014 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Alexzheng028 (Post 13635767)

did u buy the KO Propo new or used?

orcadigital 11-04-2014 06:18 AM

I have an RSX One Response in my mod touring, and run PDS2413's in my stock touring and USGT cars. The RSX is awesome, but the 2413's are a lot cheaper and have been amazing reliable as well. The 2413's I bought used, the RSX new. No problem on anything from Fwd USGT 21.5 to asphalt mod touring.

goin2drt 11-04-2014 06:29 AM

I just bought the 30205. Will try it this weekend.

Turillo 11-04-2014 07:48 AM

Just ordered the BSx2 one10 Response Shorty...look forward to using it. I'm sure it wont dissapoint.

Thanks for all the replies Fellas

TamiyaW1688 11-04-2014 08:38 AM

Thanks to Cplus,

Just got the BSx2 one10 Response, it is much smoother than Savox on the bench. will try it on the track later this week.

Alexzheng028 11-04-2014 08:45 AM

did u buy the KO Propo new or used?[/QUOTE]

I bought 2 BSx2 from RCmart. Should be new, as I am new to the hobby. I am either hearing things, or both my bsx2 is making a gliching sound.

big paul 11-04-2014 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Alexzheng028 (Post 13635771)
I am over steering @ 3mph....

What radio gear are you using. You may have to tern the steering curve down on your hand set. So the response is slowed down. And make sure when the radio is turned on the wheels on your car are both pointing in the right direction and going dead straight without any input from the radio.

Gomnadz 11-04-2014 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Alexzheng028 (Post 13637384)
did u buy the KO Propo new or used?

I bought 2 BSx2 from RCmart. Should be new, as I am new to the hobby. I am either hearing things, or both my bsx2 is making a gliching sound.[/QUOTE]

ok...they should be new.
next question.... what radio and receiver are you using?

Voltron989 11-05-2014 03:40 PM

Having a similar problem with the with the BSX2 one10 Power
Bought it for my 2015 T4 and am very disappointed with it.
It is not smooth at all. It has a very notchy movement that is most noticeable at slow steering inputs.
I'm using it with the Futaba 4PX w/ the 614-E receiver. I tried it with my old Super-R and there wasn't any difference. I tried a bunch of radio adjustments and it Doesn't help at all. Slowing down the steering via remote actually makes it worse. At quick steering inputs it feels smooth though or at least gives the illusion it is.

I just got done building the car so I can't say how it behaves with it.
Most likely I'm going to remove the servo before I even run the car because I do not like how it moves at all.

First KO product ever. Most likely my last.
I never mind paying top dollar for something as long as there's a reason I'm paying it. Really feel burnt on the bsx. This thing feels like a $35 servo.

Voltron989 11-05-2014 06:34 PM

Here's a video of what I'm experiencing
Turned the fans off so you can hear it.
Car vibrates when you hear the chatter of the servo.

http://youtu.be/ykEWE45ycXo

Turillo 12-06-2014 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Voltron989 (Post 13640681)

Oddly enough I'm having the same issue. My steering rack chatters when I turn from left to right quick. I'm not what the heck it could be???

Anyone have a suggestion or experience with this issue?

Odin544 12-07-2014 12:55 PM

Have you guys contacted KO? I finally, after 3 years, broke the gears in my RSX one10. I've been running it in my touring car with no servo saver. Service was very good on getting it fixed and they were quick to respond to my emails (multiple emails the same day in fact). [email protected]

KO are the only servos I even have now.

WheelNut 12-09-2014 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Voltron989 (Post 13640681)

Have you tried changing the signal type on your radio? High Response, normal, etc.

LloydLoar 12-09-2014 12:38 PM

I don't have any direct experience with the BSx servos, but I do know that the new RSx servos will look/feel 'notchy' when you move through the steering range while the car is on the bench. It almost looks like the servo 'steps' through the full throw range, if that makes sense. I asked Robert about this at Worlds when I noticed that my RSx2 was doing this, and he told me it is expected and exactly what the servo should be doing. The car will feel perfectly normal while on the track - it is only noticeable while the car is on the bench. Not sure if this is what you are experiencing, but just wanted to mention it.

I would recommend sending an email to Robert @ KO using the support email address noted above ([email protected]). If you show him the video and describe the symptoms, I am sure he will let you know what he thinks.

Turillo 12-09-2014 01:06 PM

Hey Guys. Thanks for all the replies. I called KO America customer support; not sure whom I spoke with, but he was helpful and assured me that my concerns are normal and within the design. I should have no issues with the car on track, so I look forward to the first race!!!

I did settle some of the chatter down by tightening the top screws of the steering arm when the bearings go.

Cheers