Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Top 5: 10 scale touring kits?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

And Kevin could wheel a Tamiya, X-ray, VBC, Awesome whatever to the same results I bet.

Seriously all the top brands are just that, top brands. They all can win with the right driver.

TC6 was a great choice for you. If you are not a pro, I would buy the car that the majority have at the track you frequent the most. That will be the best car. Support, help, parts etc is far more important at the club level.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
I am not sure about the part of the world your in, but here in the U.S., we only have the population density needed in a few areas. Most of the country is very spread out.
USA = 9.6m sqkm, 300m people
Aus = 7.7m sqkm, 20m people

I know all about spread out

You can race mod on tight indoor carpet tracks too, you just need skills/balls!
Old 10-23-2014, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goin2drt
And Kevin could wheel a Tamiya, X-ray, VBC, Awesome whatever to the same results I bet.

Seriously all the top brands are just that, top brands. They all can win with the right driver.

TC6 was a great choice for you. If you are not a pro, I would buy the car that the majority have at the track you frequent the most. That will be the best car. Support, help, parts etc is far more important at the club level.
+1 to Keven's ability. Watched him take someone else's car he'd never driven before and went .1 sec a lap faster than he did with his own car that day. And no it wasn't another TC6.2.

A car doesn't make the driver look good, the driver makes the car look good.

Go with what is supported at your track unless you are one of the few who needs no setup help. I run Xray primarily for the setup help I can get at the track. A lot of other capable cars out there. If I didn't have that setup help I might be driving something different still. I can do okay tuning wise, but it always seems to help to have others who are driving the same car give their input.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cplus
USA = 9.6m sqkm, 300m people
Aus = 7.7m sqkm, 20m people

I know all about spread out

You can race mod on tight indoor carpet tracks too, you just need skills/balls!
+1

Canada 9,984,670 kmē, 35m people.

Amazing we have any racing at all with those numbers, yet somehow we have enough guys almost every week (fall to spring) to race mod TC on tight US style carpet tracks. And here's our nationals results. Weird eh?

Last edited by locked; 10-26-2014 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by locked
+1

Canada 9,984,670 kmē, 35m people.

Amazing we have any racing at all with those numbers, yet somehow we have enough guys almost every week (fall to spring) to race mod TC on tight US style carpet tracks. And here's our nationals results. Weird eh?
Yeah and Western Canada has one of the oldest, longest running, largest Carpet racing series in the World- WCICS.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm not saying it's wrong/right or whatever, just a bit baffling really.

But as said, has synergies with a lot of things that occur in the U.S.A, you blokes are so big you don't need to follow world trends!

Look at the cars that sell well!!
Old 10-24-2014, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)

Originally Posted by wtcc
He is right! Case closed!
+1
Old 10-24-2014, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Odin544
+1 to Keven's ability. Watched him take someone else's car he'd never driven before and went .1 sec a lap faster than he did with his own car that day. And no it wasn't another TC6.2.

A car doesn't make the driver look good, the driver makes the car look good.

Go with what is supported at your track unless you are one of the few who needs no setup help. I run Xray primarily for the setup help I can get at the track. A lot of other capable cars out there. If I didn't have that setup help I might be driving something different still. I can do okay tuning wise, but it always seems to help to have others who are driving the same car give their input.
I agree as I said before...skill set and practice, you can drive any top tier kit
Old 10-24-2014, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Don't forget Hara as he is successful with almost any platform electric/nitro, on/off road. He proves it's mostly the driver.

This has been posted before, but Adam Drake has a very good perspective.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Teacher
The Awesomatix is very good in stock for 2 reasons.....one they have a US based distributor who pushes the car and two they have mod caliber drivers driving stock....any car would do well under these circumstances.
thanks for the complement Teach
lol...