Wiki Posts
Search

What to bring

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (78%+)
Default What to bring

Im going to the snowbird nationals for the first time this year and was wondering what should I bring other than my usual club race stuff.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Smithracer11
Im going to the snowbird nationals for the first time this year and was wondering what should I bring other than my usual club race stuff.
$$$
Old 10-17-2014, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I would say anything you would need to build a kit from the ground up and install electronics. Oh and of course lots of $$$$$$$$$$
Old 10-17-2014, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by theproffesor
I would say anything you would need to build a kit from the ground up and install electronics. Oh and of course lots of $$$$$$$$$$
I have a T4 14 with electronics so I think I'm good on that part. As for the money issue I can handle the travel cost I'm just asking what should I bring that you normally wouldn't bring to your average club race. I'm also going to be running amateur 17.5 touring car.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

It really depends on what you bring for a normal club race. I know some people who bring the bare minimum to run their cars, while I bring way too much crap that I generally never touch. But it's there just in case I need it!

I would say just try to plan for everything going wrong. That way if it does you will be prepared. Even if you end up just leaving stuff in your hotel room.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

As others have said, plan for every type of breakage and blowup.

I had issues at the worlds with the lipo's I'd brought and Superior Hobbies hadn't brought any 1s lipo's at all which left me in a difficult position.
If you have any space/weight available in your luggage, use it for spares.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Let me refraise. Like skiddens said. Plan for the worst. I used to bring a dremel and soldering iron and spare electronics and way to many spare parts and other tools I never use at the track. Only at home during a comete teardown and rebuild. But if I was going to a major multi-day event out of town, Id bring damn near everything that I own. You may need to cut a stripped screw. You may need to change motors. You might break the weirdest part of your car that you just happen to have a spare for. Just think of murphys law: anything that can go wrong, will. Do your best to be prepaired for it.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:05 AM
Tech Regular

I'm driving, so luggage space is no problem I plan on bringing extra bodies, extra motor and lipos, along with my tools of course and every setup tool I got including tire warmers and scales.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Flat board, pit Matt, cover towel, pit light. Practice the day before at home or something and set up your station as if you were there.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
Let me refraise. Like skiddens said. Plan for the worst. I used to bring a dremel and soldering iron and spare electronics and way to many spare parts and other tools I never use at the track. Only at home during a comete teardown and rebuild. But if I was going to a major multi-day event out of town, Id bring damn near everything that I own. You may need to cut a stripped screw. You may need to change motors. You might break the weirdest part of your car that you just happen to have a spare for. Just think of murphys law: anything that can go wrong, will. Do your best to be prepaired for it.
I subscribe to this theory, even for club races... I even carry a small bench vise that I can mount to a table for those "I NEED to recycle this part" type emergencies. Amazingly, I can fit these items into 2 pit bags...
Old 10-17-2014, 11:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have a T4 14 with electronics so I think I'm good on that part. As for the money issue I can handle the travel cost I'm just asking what should I bring that you normally wouldn't bring to your average club race. I'm also going to be running amateur 17.5 touring car.
Another thing to look into is your actual pit spot. The main room is usually full with all of the teams and their drivers. You can pay in advance for a spot in the hall just outside the main ballroom which is what I did.

Don't pit in your room since most of the fun is being at the track with everyone else!

Oh yeah....get lots of sleep before you go, you won't get much there
Old 10-17-2014, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

On the pitting situation is it general seating if you pay in advance or are you assigned a table? I ask because I would like to be pitted next to my brother.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

On the pitting situation is it general seating if you pay in advance or are you assigned a table? I ask because I would like to be pitted next to my brother.
It's assigned so ask to be together. There should be more details about it when registration opens up.