Wiki Posts
Search

Simple and Cheap Wire Management Clips

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)
Default Simple and Cheap Wire Management Clips

Was looking for a way to manage the wires on my cars and came up with this cheap but good solution. You can purchase plastic wire "staples" or clips that hammer into wood to hold your wires down in your home. With a drill bit and an M3 tap, you can make very usable wire management clips.

Here's what's needed;
Plastic "Staples". I got mine from Home Depot.
3/32nd drill bit for an M3 or 4-40 screw.
Optionally, an M3 or 4-40 tap depending on application.

Take out the nail and save or toss it. Carefully drill out the hole using the 3/32nd drill bit.

Next, you'll want to tap the hole. Allow the tap to cut all the way to the end of the thread but don't allow the threads to run out otherwise you'll flatten the thread.

These particular clips are made of a hard plastic so the tap cut really nice threads which remained in the clip. I was able to easily thread this screw in.

Here's an example of where I used the clips to hold my sensor wire. With a little bit of trimming with a razor on the back of the clip, it acts as a battery stop as well. I used an existing hole and secured the clip from the bottom with an M3 screw.

Hope this helps some one. With larger wires or a set of three wires, there are larger clips available to bundle all the power and sensor wires together.