Search
Like Tree4Likes

VBC WILDFIRE D07

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 08:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
I'm trying to get in touch with VBC Racing USA. I had an issue with an order that needs attention. I have tried emailing twice and have gotten no response. Could someone help out?

Thanks in advance

Bronson
Try Dave on Facebook...............https://www.facebook.com/vbcracingusa?fref=ts
Old 09-15-2015, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

Default Spurs

Hi I run 17.5t blinky and wander what spur gears/ brand ppl use on the d07
I run a fdr of around 3.5-3
Old 09-15-2015, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

I run 92T or 96T 64p Spurs from RW Racing, Panaracer (Yokomo Packaged from Amain) and Race-Opt. Any spur that will fit the BD-7 will fit.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default DOH

Originally Posted by Rodney Racer
With respect - if u saw elsewhere in the thread - I know how to measure what is actually called sag, however, read my post again - in a market place one has to compare against competition - XRAY et al have a fixed system - read all the set ups on Petit RC everyone measures in a different spot - read the thread - the question has popped up elsewhere.

In regards to the V3 hub - again - did you read my post??? Manual refers to V3 - set up sheets V3 - indeed UK importer as per my original post noted the same point - THIS IS CLUMSY AND NEEDS SORTING OUT - not some smart Alec excuse for mistakes and failings.

Oh yes - Xray parts - due to the fact that there is absolutely no track side support for the VBC in the UK - but loads of support for Xrays - may come as a surprise to you, but parts on cars do sometimes get broken trackside, and I don't want to buy a whole box full of spares - it's called being able to improvise - moreover - goes to show that the cars are to all intents and purposes fundamentally the same

Last edited by Loheswaran; 09-15-2015 at 03:24 PM. Reason: change of wording
Old 09-15-2015, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Loheswaran
With respect - if u saw elsewhere in the thread - I know how to measure what is actually called sag, however, read my post again - in a market place one has to compare against competition - XRAY et al have a fixed system - read all the set ups on Petit RC everyone measures in a different spot - read the thread - the question has popped up elsewhere.

In regards to the V3 hub - again - did you read my post??? Manual refers to V3 - set up sheets V3 - indeed UK importer as per my original post noted the same point - THIS IS CLUMSY AND NEEDS SORTING OUT - not some smart Alec excuse for mistakes and failings.

Oh yes - Xray parts - due to the fact that there is absolutely no track side support for the VBC in the UK - but loads of support for Xrays - may come as a surprise to you, but parts on cars do sometimes get broken trackside, and I don't want to buy a whole box full of spares - it's called being able to improvise - moreover - goes to show that the cars are to all intents and purposes fundamentally the same
The manual and setup sheet are a typo, there is no v3 c-hub only v3 arms and steering knuckles.
The c-hub replacement part for the d07 is the v2-chub
Old 09-15-2015, 05:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Loheswaran

I didn't think you where talking about suspension binding issues, but droop. Course then there is also sag related to soft chassis, but not on topic. You could eliminate some of the differences in droop readings if you where to run the EMR rear uprights. Although if you where comparing from one brand of car to another as far as setups go, you'd be assuming that the arms are all the same thickness in what ever area your doing your measurement as. Also if you think the numbers posted on the setup sheets are a true sag number, then you'll really have messed up droop.

The part numbers can be confusing, such as many numbers start with D-05, but that doesn't mean the are exclusively for the D05. I think the manual is a typo with a "V" when it was suppose to be a "A".

Guess you have to do what you have to do, it will only add more confusion on setup sheets though.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Sorry for sounding irrate

Dear Rodney

sorry if i sounded so irate, but it is a simple question of trying to get the VBC improved - i am an ex xray man - perhaps got a tad lazy...

as to the xray parts -in actual fact - by my measurements you can get exactly the same geometry as the VBC - I will post a bit later exactly how - it's a question of having a quick readily available fix - that said i will post some measurements and findings for reference
Old 09-29-2015, 11:35 AM
Tech Adept

Default New to the car

I a ran the car for first time great out of the box car all I changed was shock oil for 450cts and 3000cts diff oil and got to a low 19 lap time at my track ( my average with my last car but not my pub ) race outside in uk at aldershot

Just wandered if there is anything I need for the car
I have read about f05 front wish bone brace give a bit more steering

Any help will be great
Old 09-29-2015, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Does anyone know if there are any aluminium steering spindles that fit this car? I ruin the threads for the upper ball end now and then, and it gets boring:-P
Old 09-29-2015, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

You can get one of these:

http://www.vbcracing.com/collections...-d-05-vbc-0172

You'll be amazed how it can improve your corner speed when the grip is medium to high.

I will take it off when racing on a new track when you are not sure about the grip level.

I ruined a race forgetting to take it off, and couldn't find grip no matter what I did to the car.

Originally Posted by tcboy1983
I a ran the car for first time great out of the box car all I changed was shock oil for 450cts and 3000cts diff oil and got to a low 19 lap time at my track ( my average with my last car but not my pub ) race outside in uk at aldershot

Any help will be great
Old 09-29-2015, 07:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MartinSorlie
Does anyone know if there are any aluminium steering spindles that fit this car? I ruin the threads for the upper ball end now and then, and it gets boring:-P
I too would like to know the answer to this...
Old 09-30-2015, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi I run 17.5t blinky and wander what spur gears/ brand ppl use on the d07
I run a fdr of around 3.5-3
Leespeed spur gears
www.leespeed-racing.com
Old 09-30-2015, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Any help will be great
The car is really great out of the box. You can improve performance with a few options: 4-hole pistons, shock bladder set, full range of shock springs. The hard bumper helps to better protect the front end when hitting boards. Other than, that, I would focus on tuning the chassis with the extension array of set up options.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MartinSorlie
VBC Racing USA offers aluminum c-hubs at this time. Aluminum steering knuckles may be a later option. In the meantime, remember to make sure the ball end are tight after every run and try to hit the boards less.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kewdawg
VBC Racing USA offers aluminum c-hubs at this time. Aluminum steering knuckles may be a later option. In the meantime, remember to make sure the ball end are tight after every run and try to hit the boards less.
I might be imagining it, but I'm pretty sure I saw someone that had found something that fits. Other than that, I'm well away from the boards, but the threads in the blocks seem to lack the support needed. I'm well aware of that not everyone has this problem, so it might just be me wrenching like a monkey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.