Like Tree4Likes

VBC WILDFIRE D07

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by patorz31
I ordered mine this morning as well.

As a side note are you racing the wcics race in Edmonton? I don't want to be they only VBC guy there.
Unfortunately I will not be there. However, I do plan on making the Edmonton Leg of ATS.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by demoman588
How long has it been known that a new car was coming out. I asked some team guys that question before I bought my 06. They all told me nothing new in the works. This was only 1 month ago. Now before I even put it on the track there is a new car. WTF ? I will be selling it asap just so im not associated with such a shady group.
seems like VBC was all about take the money and run and see what happens.
bye bye VBC !
There were pics a little over a month ago on the 06 thread of a car with new parts on it. That should have been a clue.

Additionally if they were all about the money, they wouldnt be including dcj's, aluminum chassis and tons of other parts in their kits that are extras for others. And they are still way less than other brands and perform even better.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

How long has it been known that a new car was coming out. I asked some team guys that question before I bought my 06. They all told me nothing new in the works. This was only 1 month ago. Now before I even put it on the track there is a new car. WTF ? I will be selling it asap just so im not associated with such a shady group.
seems like VBC was all about take the money and run and see what happens.
bye bye VBC !
I didn't know we had a new sedan coming out until the first week of October, right before Worlds. Only a handful of VBC team drivers knew anything concrete about the D07, so my guess is just that you spoke with someone (like myself) who didn't know anything concrete about the incoming car. Many of us were also told that the new car wouldn't be released until December to New Years, which has obviously been accelerated. If you asked in September if there was a new car coming and many of us either didn't know or thought the new car wouldn't be released until January (3 months out)...what would you expect? There was no shady conspiracy theory and you still have a great car, so I would recommend just chilling out and running the car you have.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Lloyd for your input.
Since no one else had any imput from VBC. This is my way to vent.
I have been doing this for awhile now and I just dont like being dicked around. I still asked a TEAM member that was supposed to be in the know and now it is what it is. They knew but also needed to sell the previous model without a lack of sales during the time when people were waiting for the new car.
LIKE I SAID bye bye VBC .
Old 10-30-2014, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Thanks Lloyd for your input.
Since no one else had any imput from VBC. This is my way to vent.
I have been doing this for awhile now and I just dont like being dicked around. I still asked a TEAM member that was supposed to be in the know and now it is what it is. They knew but also needed to sell the previous model without a lack of sales during the time when people were waiting for the new car.
LIKE I SAID bye bye VBC .
My last response on this subject.

As I said before, people weren't 'waiting on a new car' as very few people worldwide even knew there was a new car on the way. Also as I said before, very few team members knew anything concrete about the D07, and what we knew one month ago is very different than what we know now, especially regarding shipping dates.

You weren't dicked around. You asked for information about whether VBC had a new car on the way, and an answer was provided that was accurate at that point in time. Shipping dates have changed since then, and more information has been released about the car (both to team members and the public.) You made an informed decision at the time, and it just so happened that very few people (seriously, like 10 people globally) would have had the knowledge that you claim was public.

I understand you are frustrated and feel the need to vent, but I really don't see how this could have played out differently. Please note that if you did talk to one of the 10 people globally who could have told you about the new car, they were also likely told not to talk about the car. There is nothing unique about VBC in that regard, you see it all the time with every single manufacturer when they test prototypes. Feel free to keep blaming VBC, though, as you seem convinced that this is somehow due to some conspiracy theory and not just inconvenient timing.

In topical news, I am looking forward to trying the D07
Old 10-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Another way to think about it...

Do you have to have the new 07 ? I got my 06 about two months ago and love it. I have found nothing wrong with it. It performs great for me and I am successful with it. I don't need to go and run out and buy the new 07 yet. I let everyone else figure out a good setup, work out the bugs and then I might consider a new kit.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The fact the dynamics edition came out and gave away a heap of spares/freebies was a fair indication to most a new car wasn't far away. And that car was massively good value, anyone whining would just be upset about not having latest and greatest (now)

Unless you paid, say, $450 for the D06 vs $425 for the new D07, you can hardly be annoyed. You got a good car for a good price. What do you want the company to do, stop selling kits as soon as they are close to releasing a new car? Perhaps they could just break up all the old kits and sell the parts on eBay
Old 10-30-2014, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

TLR pulled this move with the 22SCT2.0 Only they did it worse. First they stopped production of the 1.0, then dropped the price almost in half. Everything is good up to this point. They did the same for the 22 buggy. Then they went and told peolple there wasnt a new kit on the horizon. So people went out and bought cheap 1.0's. Now boom a 22SCT2.0 and very few parts compatabilty. Only saving grace is they dropped the original price. Otherwise thats a pretty (insert lower appedage name of choice) move.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi!

The new plastic parts are the same geometry just a harder material. All parts are identical geometry to the D06 besides the rear hub which is 1 hole instead of 2, which most of the team drivers preffered, so we decided to include it in the kit! However the 2 hole rear hub in the stiffer material will also be available as an option!

Hope this helps!
This car is seriously awesome, i'd have to say so far, it's the best TC i've ever driven!

Pre order is available for Australian customers at: [email protected]

Ryan.
Originally Posted by theproffesor
I understand they fit, but will the plastics change the geometry? I know towers and bulkheads are different, but concerned about the plastics.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Yep, looks fantastic. I didn't think there was much that could be improved on my D06 but it looks like VBC came up with couple. Hmm, I like the yellow eccentric bearing cams better though - easier to see the adjustment (one of my favourite features on the car).
Old 10-30-2014, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ryan Maker
Hi!

The new plastic parts are the same geometry just a harder material. All parts are identical geometry to the D06 besides the rear hub which is 1 hole instead of 2, which most of the team drivers preffered, so we decided to include it in the kit! However the 2 hole rear hub in the stiffer material will also be available as an option!

Hope this helps!
This car is seriously awesome, i'd have to say so far, it's the best TC i've ever driven!

Pre order is available for Australian customers at: [email protected]

Ryan.
So how hard are they? The wildfire had some issues with the plastics being brittle. The version 2 stuff on the d06 is softer but damn near indestructible. I dont mind the softer plastics.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Oh and those whining about new car coming out. They released the Dynamics kit of the D05 like 4 months before the 06 came out. When the Dynamics kit came out for the d06 it should have been a big clue that a new car was coming. The d06 will keep up with 2014 X-rays so don't worry about it.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LloydLoar
My last response on this subject.

As I said before, people weren't 'waiting on a new car' as very few people worldwide even knew there was a new car on the way. Also as I said before, very few team members knew anything concrete about the D07, and what we knew one month ago is very different than what we know now, especially regarding shipping dates.

You weren't dicked around. You asked for information about whether VBC had a new car on the way, and an answer was provided that was accurate at that point in time. Shipping dates have changed since then, and more information has been released about the car (both to team members and the public.) You made an informed decision at the time, and it just so happened that very few people (seriously, like 10 people globally) would have had the knowledge that you claim was public.

I understand you are frustrated and feel the need to vent, but I really don't see how this could have played out differently. Please note that if you did talk to one of the 10 people globally who could have told you about the new car, they were also likely told not to talk about the car. There is nothing unique about VBC in that regard, you see it all the time with every single manufacturer when they test prototypes. Feel free to keep blaming VBC, though, as you seem convinced that this is somehow due to some conspiracy theory and not just inconvenient timing.

In topical news, I am looking forward to trying the D07
I didn't know about a new car either, I only learned about the details of the D07 yesterday lol!

Either way, looking forward to running it. The D06 is a great platform, and the D07 is going to be even better.

-Korey
Old 10-31-2014, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

But we all know you're a dick Korey and don't share anything.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:03 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Where are VBC cars designed and manufactured?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.