Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

VBC WILDFIRE D07

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I wasn't whining about a new car you ignorant individual. I was just merely making a point. If you are a true racer then you know that when a new car is released 9 out of 10 times its better. Dont make statements that dont pertain to the topic.I said I asked and got misleading or incorrect info. I never said the car wasn't good but why buy an older car unless you are just learning. As far as price goes I apologise for nor realizing who I was talking to. I shop at the local shops so to keep them open and usually pay close to retail on most everything.
Have a wonderful day.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Almost bought this car but went ahead and got the world champ YOKOMO BD7 2015..
Old 10-31-2014, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
Almost bought this car but went ahead and got the world champ YOKOMO BD7 2015..
cool story. tell us more about your decision?
Old 10-31-2014, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

We tested 2 types of new plastics, this one that we decided to use was the softer of the 2. We decided that this compound handled the best in every condition, and definitely worked to smoothen out the car and give it more corner speed! I have been using these plastics for quite a few months even on my D06, and with quite a few big crashes (traction rolls etc) i've had not one issue with anything breaking or tweaking...the car is near indestructible!

Hope this helps,
Ryan

Originally Posted by patorz31
So how hard are they? The wildfire had some issues with the plastics being brittle. The version 2 stuff on the d06 is softer but damn near indestructible. I dont mind the softer plastics.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:39 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Because it won the Worlds!!! sheeessh!!

Who cares that 99% of us can't drive at that level! It won the worlds!!
Old 10-31-2014, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ryan Maker
...and with quite a few big crashes (traction rolls etc) i've had not one issue with anything breaking or tweaking...the car is near indestructible!
Let me report on a traction roll happened last week, I was going through the only one "fast" corner on a small tight outdoor track, well exiting the corner I have a traction roll and the car roll perfectly on the roof of the bodyshell and quickly slip and collide with the edge of the track with the rear end.
Result? the "fantastic", for someone (for me the most foolish idea I've ever seen), 4mm rear damper stay didn't break and transfer the stress to the entire chassis causing the break of the upperdeck and of one of the rear bulkhead clamp, meanwhile the other one just bent like one of the main bulkhead.
In addition to that also the motor mount slightly bent and I found it disconnected from the front stiffner because the screw just was came out.
Very nice indestructible car for sure with more than 100 euros of damage!
I am very disappointed with the quality of the car, and this fortunately happened running the car in blinky 13.5, I guess what would happened if I run it in modified. I know that the perfect crash can always occur, but I am sorry to say that with tamiya even in the worst crashes this never happened
So, I don't know, but at the moment I'm not attracted by the d07
Old 10-31-2014, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

^sometimes its just downright bad luck.

I've had no breaks from hard hits with my vbc

I've also broken an xray in two.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

So what your saying is that at full speed, you flipped, slid on your roof(providing absolutely no way to slow the car down), and hit the wall with the back of your car. The end that has no bumper to protect it (nor do 99% of other cars out there. And you had some significant damage. I would expect so. With the kind of hit you describe, Im suprised there is a broken chassis as well. I dont think any car would withstand that kind of hit.

But then again xray T4's were shredding chassis at the front bumper mounts and nobody seemed to complain. Its just part of having an xray I guess. We will just through a bumper brace on it and all is good with the world. It seems some companies can do no wrong, while everyone else is still held to thst percieved high standard. I have had very few issues with my VBC's. Especially since the V2 plastics. Oh and I stopped hitting the wall so much.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nice to see you in here Ryan! We have something for you.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

Hey man!

I'll try hover around and provide and help and advice where possible

Oooo yay! Can't wait to see

Originally Posted by Gridworks Racing
Nice to see you in here Ryan! We have something for you.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

My D06 got clipped by an nitro TC at full song on the main straight and launched into the air a a fair bit and only broke a feont arm, it also bent a cvd imt the front but it was a fluke hard hit.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by theproffesor
So what your saying is that at full speed, you flipped, slid on your roof(providing absolutely no way to slow the car down), and hit the wall with the back of your car. The end that has no bumper to protect it (nor do 99% of other cars out there. And you had some significant damage. I would expect so. With the kind of hit you describe, Im suprised there is a broken chassis as well. I dont think any car would withstand that kind of hit.

But then again xray T4's were shredding chassis at the front bumper mounts and nobody seemed to complain. Its just part of having an xray I guess. We will just through a bumper brace on it and all is good with the world. It seems some companies can do no wrong, while everyone else is still held to thst percieved high standard. I have had very few issues with my VBC's. Especially since the V2 plastics. Oh and I stopped hitting the wall so much.
It wasn't at full speed because that was a corner right after a u turn bad the car was in full acceleration I know tha it was a hard crash but the guy standing next to me have a similar crash and only break the carbon damper stay, it was an xray.....
I don't see any damages on the chassis but maybe they are still hidden However watching it from the outside it doesn't seem a big crash, I had lots of crashes worse then this one and never had this damages
Old 11-01-2014, 03:43 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NItrox416
It wasn't at full speed because that was a corner right after a u turn bad the car was in full acceleration I know tha it was a hard crash but the guy standing next to me have a similar crash and only break the carbon damper stay, it was an xray.....
I don't see any damages on the chassis but maybe they are still hidden However watching it from the outside it doesn't seem a big crash, I had lots of crashes worse then this one and never had this damages
I know quite a few people who have broken an xray top deck, which is considered to be the strongest car on the market, haven't heard of anyone breaking a yokomo one, which is considered by many to be a weak car
Old 11-01-2014, 04:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bar
I know quite a few people who have broken an xray top deck, which is considered to be the strongest car on the market, haven't heard of anyone breaking a yokomo one, which is considered by many to be a weak car
Yup, what people consider fact and what is fact is often not the same thing.
Old 11-01-2014, 05:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by demoman588
I wasn't whining about a new car you ignorant individual.
Lol.

I'll leave it up to you to decide whom I'm chuckling about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.