R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-30-2015, 06:18 PM   #616
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSorlie View Post
I might be imagining it, but I'm pretty sure I saw someone that had found something that fits. Other than that, I'm well away from the boards, but the threads in the blocks seem to lack the support needed. I'm well aware of that not everyone has this problem, so it might just be me wrenching like a monkey.
Over tightening and constantly taking the car apart will wear out parts, too. The car is very strong, but parts will need to be replaced from time to time.
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:55 AM   #617
DBM
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSorlie View Post
Does anyone know if there are any aluminium steering spindles that fit this car? I ruin the threads for the upper ball end now and then, and it gets boring:-P
I have used spec-r R1/R2 aluminum steering blocks in my d06. They need to have a 0.5mm of material removed from the top and bottom to get them to fit into the c-hubs. They do not work with the plastic c-hubs though.....I used them with the aluminumvbc c-hubs from the ARS kit. Attached is a pic of when I had them on the car.
After a few months of running the aluminum parts, I bent the c-hubs, so I am now back to plastic parts with stripped kingpin screw holes.
A friend of mine was having the same issues with the steering blocks in his xray's stripping, so he ordered a helicoil kit. I tried it last night, and it seems to work well. Attached is a pic of the steering block with helicoil insert installed.
Attached Thumbnails
VBC WILDFIRE D07-20151005_233314%7E01.jpg   VBC WILDFIRE D07-20150522_164721%7E01.jpg  
DBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 07:59 PM   #618
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBM View Post
I have used spec-r R1/R2 aluminum steering blocks in my d06. They need to have a 0.5mm of material removed from the top and bottom to get them to fit into the c-hubs. They do not work with the plastic c-hubs though.....I used them with the aluminumvbc c-hubs from the ARS kit. Attached is a pic of when I had them on the car.
After a few months of running the aluminum parts, I bent the c-hubs, so I am now back to plastic parts with stripped kingpin screw holes.
A friend of mine was having the same issues with the steering blocks in his xray's stripping, so he ordered a helicoil kit. I tried it last night, and it seems to work well. Attached is a pic of the steering block with helicoil insert installed.
I am interested in learning more about this helicoil and how it can be used on steering knuckles.. Does anyone have a link for where to get them in Canada? This is not for my VBC D07 which I have no issues with but for my Team Associated TC6.1 which I strip out often enough..

Jon
Juniorabca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:29 AM   #619
Tech Adept

Here's a video showing how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79IYC4L68LU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniorabca View Post
I am interested in learning more about this helicoil and how it can be used on steering knuckles.. Does anyone have a link for where to get them in Canada? This is not for my VBC D07 which I have no issues with but for my Team Associated TC6.1 which I strip out often enough..

Jon
Ted Su(TW) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:47 PM   #620
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Su(TW) View Post
Here's a video showing how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79IYC4L68LU
Thank you for that video.. That is very interesting for sure. I am going to look into it more for my other rc car.

Jon
Old 10-11-2015, 01:41 PM   #621
Tech Adept

Default Driveshafts

Hi had a front dog bone brake while applying brakes not had any big crashes as car handles lovely was second met with car

Is there any spec r or other brands that are stronger that fit
tcboy1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 12:24 PM   #622
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

If you are breaking cvd under had braking then you should check the car over for binding some where. Or you have a defective set of cvds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcboy1983 View Post
Hi had a front dog bone brake while applying brakes not had any big crashes as car handles lovely was second met with car

Is there any spec r or other brands that are stronger that fit
v_squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 12:31 PM   #623
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_squared View Post
If you are breaking cvd under had braking then you should check the car over for binding some where. Or you have a defective set of cvds.
Not sure what other brands might fit. You can get replacement dog bones so you don't have to buy the whole axle.
I have broken them before but it's usually from a hard hit or the stub axle catching a board. To stop that from happening you cut the end of the threads off your axle so it doesn't stick past the wheel nuts. Especially useful for those running on click tracks.
AlexPate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 01:26 PM   #624
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Being using the Radtec on the D06 with D07 front plastics.
They have been great and look stronger.
Fredp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 01:45 PM   #625
Tech Master

Using the Race-Opt ones for the Xray T4. Any DCJ for a T4 will fit.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:15 AM   #626
Tech Master

Quote:

Jon
Thanks for saying something, I got the heli coil on Amazon for $26

Old 10-22-2015, 12:38 AM   #627
DBM
Tech Addict

The m3 helivoil kit that I used, I borrowed from a friend. He said that he purchased it on ebay. It was around $30 for the insertion tool, tap, drill, and 12 helicoils. Helicoils can be bought by the hundred for cheap....it is the insertion tool that costs money.
DBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:42 AM   #628
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I tried one for a race last weekend. So far so good.
Fredp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:58 PM   #629
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexPate View Post
Thanks for saying something, I got the heli coil on Amazon for $26

Have you got a link to which one you got. I am thinking this could save me some money over time..

Jon
Old 10-22-2015, 09:33 PM   #630
Tech Master

Quote:
Have you got a link to which one you got. I am thinking this could save me some money over time..

Jon
Wait I sell these knuckles why am I doing this... Lol jk
I just found these
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003RQVVHA/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1445574630&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=m3+heli&dpPl=1&dpID=413H5 Zwd5sL&ref=plSrch They might work better

Have to post the other one from
My pc, can't find it on my phone