R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-10-2015, 07:16 AM   #541
Tech Master

I buy from vbcracingusa.com all the time. No one in Canada carried the VBC stuff for a long time. Dave is great to deal with, fast shipping and resonable prices. Awesome place to shop.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:37 AM   #542
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by patorz31 View Post
I buy from vbcracingusa.com all the time. No one in Canada carried the VBC stuff for a long time. Dave is great to deal with, fast shipping and resonable prices. Awesome place to shop.
Thank you for the answer
Advance Electronic's
hasse85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:47 AM   #543
Tech Master

I have also bought stuff from www.vbcracing.com. They are out of HK and are the factory store. They ship fast and are great with communication too. They may be a little faster for your part of the world.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:39 PM   #544
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default looking to up grade parts

I know this tread is for D07 but i have the D06 with little run time on it. So i was thinking i could just upgrade some parts from the D07 as much as i can with out buying a whole new D07 kit. So can i get some help? I know the arms c-hubs and all that stuff will work but what else will work from the D07 or the new ghost that will be a improvement for the D06.

Thank you
bigtee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 06:53 PM   #545
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

The only upgrade that is worth it without just getting a D07 is the sway bar mod/upgrade. This mod is great as it allows you to adjust sway bar tweak very easily. The towers and shocks from the Evo might be a decent option as they are taller and could possibly alter the handling characteristics of the car. The plastics are just a different compound, supposedly stiffer, and the rear hub only has one hole to mount camber link instead of two. If you have a bunch of spare parts like I do already, it's not worth converting.
The brighter the picture, the darker the negative. USVTA member #112
theproffesor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:05 PM   #546
Tech Adept

Default D06 upgrade

Dont have a lot of spare parts for the D06 just want to know what will work or not i do want to change the plastic to v3 and was looking at the sway bar upgrade. Do you know of anyone that used the shocks and towers on the D06 or D07 and liked that option?
Old 08-12-2015, 06:30 AM   #547
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtee01 View Post
Dont have a lot of spare parts for the D06 just want to know what will work or not i do want to change the plastic to v3 and was looking at the sway bar upgrade. Do you know of anyone that used the shocks and towers on the D06 or D07 and liked that option?
V3 plastics are much tougher. don't need to go right out and replace; but when something breaks then replace with the V3's
freebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 02:34 PM   #548
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtee01 View Post
I know this tread is for D07 but i have the D06 with little run time on it. So i was thinking i could just upgrade some parts from the D07 as much as i can with out buying a whole new D07 kit. So can i get some help? I know the arms c-hubs and all that stuff will work but what else will work from the D07 or the new ghost that will be a improvement for the D06.

Thank you
My 12 year son Dean, runs the D06 with D07 plastics and has tried new bottom decks, the D06 thin chassis/top deck and the Bezerk RC chassis/top decks. The car is very fast winning 2 state titles in 21.5 on asphalt and on carpet with foam tyres.
Not sure on your driving level/experience but once you get a good setup and a freely running drive train and a correctly geared motor, driving makes a big difference. I'd like to compare the 2 car together one day, but Dean has been very successful with the 06.
Fredp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:05 AM   #549
Tech Apprentice

Default U can try

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasse85 View Post
hey .

there is someone who has good qualities of VBCRacingusa.com and bought things in the judgment ?

I live in Sweden and our dealers have barely a few things home to this car. ,
so has anyone bought things in the VBCracingusa.com sometime who do not live in the US ?

Thanks
Why not try SMD direct in the UK or MB models - thereby you won't get import duty as the UK is an EU country
Loheswaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 12:42 PM   #550
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loheswaran View Post
Why not try SMD direct in the UK or MB models - thereby you won't get import duty as the UK is an EU country
you have a good point on that

but i order the things i needed from Tonisport and they are from Germany so no Import duty
and i goethe things at home at 2 days
thats good service
Advance Electronic's
hasse85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 01:45 PM   #551
Tech Apprentice

Anyone here tried active rear suspension
Loheswaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 11:21 PM   #552
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loheswaran View Post
Anyone here tried active rear suspension
Tested last week on low traction track.
E20, C00. 3mm shims.

More corner speed, bit more corner entry. But the car is a bit pushing on corner exit. Should be better with a softer diff oïl.

I think that ARS can be usefull on few tracks, but not really often.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:18 AM   #553
Tech Adept

Default spur gears

Whats the name brand spur gear that comes with the kit and what spur gear is best for the car?
Old 08-14-2015, 08:00 AM   #554
Tech Master

The spur that came with it is a Panaracer. I use the one that Yokomo repackages for the BD-7 as it is easy to get in Canada.
I get them here.
Old 08-17-2015, 02:29 PM   #555
Tech Adept

Default droop settings

Okay i have search the D06 and D07 threads and everyone has there way of doing it. What is the best way of setting up droop with this car? The way i do it is with wheels on and i pull up on the suspension be for tire lift off and i set droop over ride height front and rear each corner. So say i am running 5mm ride height front and rear and i want 1.5 mm in front and 2mm in rear i just adjust until i get the measurement over height. Is this a good way of doing droop measurement? I see most of the more top guy at my local track do this some use droop blocks and gauge But there cars dont have the loop on rear hub.