Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

VBC WILDFIRE D07

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Any suggestions on a screw kit for the D07? If so, where to buy them online? I would prefer in the US before ordering from China and waiting for the shipping.

Thanks!
Old 04-27-2015, 08:30 AM
Tech Adept

I forgot to ask in my last post...

This past weekend I broke the A servo horn that came with the kit. No one carries the VBC locally so I have to order a new one. Any suggestions on an aftermarket servo horn or saver? I have the Spektrum S6070 servo so will need an "A" or 23T horn. If there aren't any option better than stock, I will just order a new one from VBC USA.

Thanks!
Old 04-27-2015, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by AZ Militia
I forgot to ask in my last post...

This past weekend I broke the A servo horn that came with the kit. No one carries the VBC locally so I have to order a new one. Any suggestions on an aftermarket servo horn or saver? I have the Spektrum S6070 servo so will need an "A" or 23T horn. If there aren't any option better than stock, I will just order a new one from VBC USA.

Thanks!
The Durango servo saver set is a great option.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

It's expensive but the xray servo saver is the best.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I;'ve used the xray part with success so far - I also have the durango SS ready to be soon mounted on the next ride, I will report shortly.

In terms of screws and hardware... I find the stock VBC one to be good quality and very moderately priced (plus they are stamped "VBC" )... nothing wrong about using stock parts

Tworks has some options too!

Paul
Old 04-27-2015, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I run the Durango servo saver but I put the Xray springs into it. I find the Xray springs are slightly stiffer so it makes the steering feel more direct.

Not liking the DJC on this car. The latest failure looks like the dog bone is cast and very brittle. This part failed in a no impact situation, very strange. Thats 2 of them so far.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rodney Racer
I run the Durango servo saver but I put the Xray springs into it. I find the Xray springs are slightly stiffer so it makes the steering feel more direct.

Not liking the DJC on this car. The latest failure looks like the dog bone is cast and very brittle. This part failed in a no impact situation, very strange. Thats 2 of them so far.
alloy outdrives?
Old 04-27-2015, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

I had a run of the DCJs failing too. It as weird for I have run the kit original ones on my D06 for a season and a half an they are still awesome. The kit original ones in my D07 kit broke, it was like they were too hard or a porous casting. They ones I replaced them with are fine. they have hit the wall more then a few times and they are holding up.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lonestar
alloy outdrives?
Yes

Originally Posted by patorz31
I had a run of the DCJs failing too. It as weird for I have run the kit original ones on my D06 for a season and a half an they are still awesome. The kit original ones in my D07 kit broke, it was like they were too hard or a porous casting. They ones I replaced them with are fine. they have hit the wall more then a few times and they are holding up.
Yes, the material looks to have crystallization in it like it was heat treated incorrectly. The break is right at the barrel for the DCJ in the small area before it tapers up for the float pin. This last one happened when the car did a grip roll, on a very slow section of track, nothing was hit, and I was off the throttle immediately. The marshal turned the car over and it did the old three wheel drive pull, .
Old 04-27-2015, 12:51 PM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

I broke one of the front axles in my d06, and I also suspected that it was improper heat treating resulting in a very brittle part. I didn't have any spares, and was leaving for the Victoria WCICS race in a couple of days, so installed some Spec-R R1/T3/T4 axles/dcj's from one of my Spec-R cars, and they have been fine ever since. I was eventually going to repair/replace the vbc parts, but I see no need to.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:36 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the input! I will look at both the XRay and the Durango servo savers.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

I'm taking off to the track in a couple of hours for an evening of practice...

I'm thinking about experimenting with the flex settings tonight as the evening's theme

Have you guys experimented with
- motor mount screws top? bottom?
- steering post top ?
- C blocks? If yes which screw(s) have you toyed around with?

Will report my findings... if any

Paul
Old 04-28-2015, 04:59 PM
Tech Adept

I'm taking off to the track in a couple of hours for an evening of practice...

I'm thinking about experimenting with the flex settings tonight as the evening's theme

Have you guys experimented with
- motor mount screws top? bottom?
- steering post top ?
- C blocks? If yes which screw(s) have you toyed around with?

Will report my findings... if any

Paul
When I first built the car, I didn't put the two screws in from the bottom for the steering. That was my starting point. I now have both of those in, as well as the 3 variable screws in from the bottom for the motor mount and have VERY good steering on medium traction asphalt.

Last edited by AZ Militia; 04-29-2015 at 12:36 AM.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AZ Militia
When I first built the car, I didn't put the two screws in from the bottom for the steering. That was my starting point. I know have both of those in, as well as the 3 variable screws in from the bottom for the motor mount and have VERY good steering on medium traction asphalt.
Thanks mmh... is it me or you are NOT supposed to have these screws in unless you have the optional steering assembly?

Paul
Old 04-29-2015, 12:35 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks mmh... is it me or you are NOT supposed to have these screws in unless you have the optional steering assembly?

Paul
I thought the same thing when I built it so I did NOT put in those two screws but only after two short runs the floating steering seemed to come loose. When my buddies, whom are WAY more experienced in high end RC racing, looked at it and laughed at me, I put in those screws and the car has been handling significantly better! I am by no means an expert at this but I have really tried to take my time and actually learn about this car and see what different changes do to the corner speed, traction, flex, on and off power steering, etc. I hope my little bit of input helps you out some.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.