rc track success

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

rc track success

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Also, who ever said an indoor track has to be carpet. How about indoor asphalt? I know if there was one of those around I would drive twice as far just to know the track would be consistant and no rain outs.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamescam
I couldn't agree more. The quality of promotion and event of the IIC is exactly what this hobby needs! As poker is what I know, I always think of how the individual tournaments before the days of the World Poker Tour were very similiar to the individual races (Snowbirds, Reedy, etc.) we see today. TV coverage was able to unify the sport and take it to a level never imagined. Unfortunately I do not see ROAR taking the hobby to that level, not that this is entirely ROAR's fault but how does the ROAR President benefit financially from taking it to this level of success since ROAR is a not for profit organization?
second that and add:

skateboarder Tony Hawk, went thru a divorce after going on too many tours to promote the hobby and he was near broke, him and others took risks with the X-games with only SLIGHT tv coverage at first....the rest is history.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Me and my son and several other racer friends came to the original trackside in the summer of 1991 for the region 5 dirt oval race, the wiscosin area has enjoyed many good years of rc racing,things change in everybodys lifes like it or not good or bad but I dont think the reason its slow at trackside is because of mismanagement like we have seen at so many other venues that havent a clue as of what to do to bring people in and have good races and a fun place to go to and spend those bucks,,,