R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Must Need Hop-Ups for the JRX-S? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/84018-must-need-hop-ups-jrx-s.html)

LosiSuperTruck 09-14-2005 06:39 AM

Must Need Hop-Ups for the JRX-S?

Hi all,
I am getting a JRX-S and would like to know what are the "must need" hop-ups for it? Specifically, is there any parts that seem to break more than others? For example, the NTC3 has a crappy diff case design and the case is easily broke. Any after market parts that are recommended?
Thanks

1fastdude 09-14-2005 06:56 AM

Different springs, sway bar kit, offset hubs, Rubberneck Bumper.

DavidAlford 09-14-2005 06:59 AM

The biggest things are a P-dub front bumper and BK-Pooky brackets. After that its stuff you'd want with any car. Springs, sway bars, ect ect

Still Bill 09-14-2005 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by DavidAlford
The biggest things are a P-dub front bumper and BK-Pooky brackets. After that its stuff you'd want with any car. Springs, sway bars, ect ect

Go with David's recommendation.

With the BK/PK shock brackets you only need 10.5/12.5/15.0 springs.

New f/r JRX-S arms are due out soon; so, keep those spares to a minimum.

4 degree front hubs and 0 degree rear hubs.

LosiSuperTruck 09-14-2005 07:40 AM

Thanks for the reply.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a "BK-Pooky bracket" and where do I get it?

Thanks

LosiSuperTruck 09-14-2005 07:54 AM

One more question,
Is the Rubberneck and P-Dub bumper the same thing? I can't seem to find the Rubberneck one.
Thanks

highwayman 09-14-2005 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill

New f/r JRX-S arms are due out soon; so, keep those spares to a minimum.

what did they change on the arms?

cartmen34 09-14-2005 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by highwayman
what did they change on the arms?

They are incorporating the BK Bracket mounting points in the mold of the arm. I'm not aware of any other changes.

highwayman 09-14-2005 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by cartmen34
They are incorporating the BK Bracket mounting points in the mold of the arm. I'm not aware of any other changes.

great ! any timetable on the new arms?

DavidAlford 09-14-2005 08:30 AM

Yes the bumpers are the same. The word on the arms is I guess sometime soon.

LosiSuperTruck 09-14-2005 08:30 AM

Seems this got overlooked with all the excitment about the new arms ;)

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a "BK-Pooky bracket" and where do I get it?

Thanks

DavidAlford 09-14-2005 08:35 AM

Click on the Pooky link in my signature. He's the man who makes them. I'm sure he can get your setup. They are just brackets that allow you to move the shocks out on the arm so you can run a softer spring.

robk 09-14-2005 02:21 PM

The aluminum battery tray is nice as well..not sure if it was mentioned..

2-Bad 09-14-2005 03:24 PM

And the "Josh Nueman" setup......

You will need additional roll-center shims, and Dodge Stratus 3.0 AP body. :D

Juan Valdez 09-14-2005 04:02 PM

LosiSuperTruck - Much of what has been recommended so far is mostly for rubber tire racing. Since you didn't mention if you run rubber or foam (on carpet), I thought I'd pitch in about running the car with foams. For the springs you will probably want to start with 50 or 60 lbs. front springs and 17.5 to 25 lbs. rear springs. You can use the BK brackets in the rear of the car if you want, but not the front (with 28mm wide foams). And you may want 6 degree front c-hubs, and off-set rear hubs.

For those wondering about the new arms w/ the BK mount in them, I would guess they are close. Todd Hodge said sometime this month (I think), and I saw a set on a team driver's car this past weekend. :nod: