Like Tree24Likes

HPI HB PRO 5

Old 10-02-2014, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Pro 5 name suggests they are going for a shaft (I know previous Pro's were belt but more recent belts have been under the Hotbodies brand).

It will be interesting to see what they come up with, they have tried some interesting things in car design recently (D413, Cup Racer etc.).

My first impression was that HPI REALLY need to decide what their brands are for... cars seem to be coming out under the HPI and Hotbodies brand at random...
Old 10-02-2014, 11:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

They need the pro5 to be the evolution of the pro4 ,with shaftdrive, while their TCXX covers the belt end of the business.... Tamiya is doing the same with their TB06 pro and TRF419 combo..... Shaft cars are back baby, just like BERT predicted...lol...
I think the HBPRO5 will be a super thin chassis with short shocks, carbon driveshaft, center servo mount, and maybe floating front gearbox, and front/rear active caster/toe....

Last edited by bertrandsv87; 10-02-2014 at 11:27 AM.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:12 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
Hahaha aren't they getting too ahead of themselves, they still cannot keep the d413 on the shelves (doesn't seem like they sell that many), its just parts are still spotty and now a new car? Why can't some hobby company with enough $$ just pump some damn money into their operation? Their cars are top notch pieces of engineering, but qc and volume are still suffering. End of rant, if they can make something like a awesomatix for half the price, ill be back in tc
Hahah, you are right. HPI/HB have a really big issue with delaying product releases and having issues supplying parts for customers.

Would be good to see you back racing TC at Norcal!
Old 10-02-2014, 11:23 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter george
The penguin rc CF chassis fixed all flex issues. And there was no front spool available or a gear diff. It was a nun finished idea that should have been more carefully designed . In my opinion they rushed it and nobody could forgive them for that. It's not a joke. Pro-3 was the right idea way b4 anybody was looking at battery down the center. Let's hope this won't be an epic failure .
It just wasn't, and spools weren't around then I don't think, I remember when people first started making their own spools
Old 10-02-2014, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bar
It just wasn't, and spools weren't around then I don't think, I remember when people first started making their own spools
I had a spool or solid diff in my tc3 and that was around the same time if not before the pro 3 . Hara even won a championship with a carbon fiber version of that chassis but that is all meaningless now. I hope they put out something good.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dan
Hahah, you are right. HPI/HB have a really big issue with delaying product releases and having issues supplying parts for customers.

This is what worries me. Be it the failure of the CR8 and parts scarcity of the D812. Or taking forever to release option parts. It's either they have a skeleton crew and can't get things done in a timely manner or they have huge inefficiencies within. The talent is there, just the logistics...

Hope it gets distributed quickly, unlike the D812 which was well into the latter part of 2013 by the time the kits/parts were readily available.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

guess we're all going to have to wait until next weekend while the World's is going on to see some sneak pics of the new chassis...

i'm torn as to whether i'd want to see a new shaft chassis, or a re-vamped belt chassis

no matter what - parts supply will need to be important
Old 10-02-2014, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Hmm... I wonder if that is a Pro 5 under the hood of Tessmann's sedan?
Old 10-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwddww34
Hmm... I wonder if that is a Pro 5 under the hood of Tessmann's sedan?
That's from 2011, I'm pretty sure.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I just hope to see something different. The new TRF 419, BD7 2015, and Xray 2015 are all great cars, but they certainly carry the same outline as to how to build a touring car. It works, and I get that, but I really like that the A car took a very different approach which adds to the appeal of the car IMO.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Well poopnon a stick. Just gotnrid og my pro4's last year. Oh well ill have plenty of time with my current cars to get them dialed in andsomengood use out of them before this is actually released and available. Belt or shaft drive asside (hope its shaft) i wonder if it will use the same suspension geometry as the updated tcxx, and therefore the same plastics. Would definately help keep developement and production cost down.

Whats the over/under on an actual release going to be? I say February +\- 1 2015.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan

yeah
Old 10-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Not going to happen, but I would love to see Hara run a Pro5 at the upcoming worlds. Then HPI release a HPI Pro 5 Hara Edition :P
Old 10-02-2014, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Ok well here is my wishlist for the car.

Shaft drive, pill type suspension blocks, esc's from factory, AE style swaybar (best in business IMO), matix style servo mount, and short shocks.

I doubt anything othe than the matix will have rotory shocks for a while. They are great and really help lower the CG, but between those and the indefinately adjustable upper arms, its just too complicated for the average club guy.

Edit: Also BIG wish that its not purple or orange. Make it black or gun metal. I hate bright anodization.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

Edit: Also BIG wish that its not purple or orange. Make it black or gun metal. I hate bright anodization.

Black with pink hardware, there's your Hara Edition.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.