R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-12-2016, 02:15 PM   #736
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpidarX View Post
seems like most of the on-road guys are going...

shame to see good guys leave the team
Old 02-14-2016, 09:17 PM   #737
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Chrisgt2 Send a message via Yahoo to Chrisgt2

I have 2 Pro 5's for sale if interested! Parts included. Fast cars
Franchise Racing Products
The Raceway - Beaver, PA
Chrisgt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:03 AM   #738
Tech Master

http://www.redrc.net/2016/02/jj-wang...ihb-departure/
Seems like the entire team is falling apart now.
If Groskamp goes, it will be the final nail in the coffin for HB's on-road program.
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:40 AM   #739
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbones View Post
http://www.redrc.net/2016/02/jj-wang...ihb-departure/
Seems like the entire team is falling apart now.
If Groskamp goes, it will be the final nail in the coffin for HB's on-road program.
if he's all the left, i would assume he'll be departing shortly..

seems like HPI/HB is doing away with the top-end on-road race team
Old 02-16-2016, 11:46 AM   #740
Tech Regular

It would be nice of HPI to make some sort of announcement and at least stop all the rumours. I was part of the UK team running the Pro 5 and was planning on running the D815 outdoors for nitro this year. I think that the car and buggy are fantastic but unfortunately all the support seems to be stopping and the international team is dissolving before our very eyes...

I feel for the guys and girls that work for HPI in the UK and Europe as well as the world as this must be a difficult time for them and their families and I really hope it works out.

But I think that HPI should at least say something...
Old 02-16-2016, 12:44 PM   #741
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoyle View Post
It would be nice of HPI to make some sort of announcement and at least stop all the rumours. I was part of the UK team running the Pro 5 and was planning on running the D815 outdoors for nitro this year. I think that the car and buggy are fantastic but unfortunately all the support seems to be stopping and the international team is dissolving before our very eyes...

I feel for the guys and girls that work for HPI in the UK and Europe as well as the world as this must be a difficult time for them and their families and I really hope it works out.

But I think that HPI should at least say something...
Well, the writing is on the wall over at the HPI website. They need to restructure the company to stay alive and/or to repay their creditors.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:00 PM   #742
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbones View Post
Well, the writing is on the wall over at the HPI website. They need to restructure the company to stay alive and/or to repay their creditors.
Do you mean HPI Europe? I know they are in administration...

But the HPI drivers like Andy Moore, JJ etc. where all sponsored out of HPI Japan or wherever the main headquarters is surely?
Old 02-16-2016, 06:29 PM   #743
Tech Regular

I wouldn't count on HPI making any kind of public announcement, at least not one on their website that will be of any meaning. There have been a LOT of changes to HPI North America in the past 8-10 years and very little is released in the form of official public announcement, if any. It's usually info from people within the company that were let go or left that give a little more insight, for whatever reason.
HPI is the brand that got me into RC back in the early 90's, and the brand I tend to be loyal to, but they've been going downhill for quite some time now and that really sucks because they used to be among the best, arguably at one time THE best.
wareagle84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:29 PM   #744
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoyle View Post
Do you mean HPI Europe? I know they are in administration...

But the HPI drivers like Andy Moore, JJ etc. where all sponsored out of HPI Japan or wherever the main headquarters is surely?
All the recent drivers that got let go were part of the EU division iirc. Not even sure if HPI Japan is involved at all in this. Their website was last updated in 2010, and the latest car is the TCX...
Old 02-16-2016, 10:14 PM   #745
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The drivers left because there was no more money for the team. thats why only freddy was at ets rd 2.
there team drivers already needed to pay there own travel cost to the race's.
a brand that has team drivers the main reasson is to push the brand an push sales.
From what i see (at least over here in europe) it was just not paying off, because you have to try hard to find paying costumer that drives a Pro 5.
whityboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 03:58 AM   #746
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

When Hara left in 2013 I'm sure it was hard to sell kits. Have to win to sell RC cars. Or be popular in the Rc world at the very least.
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 04:01 AM   #747
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by whityboy View Post
The drivers left because there was no more money for the team. thats why only freddy was at ets rd 2.
there team drivers already needed to pay there own travel cost to the race's.
a brand that has team drivers the main reasson is to push the brand an push sales.
From what i see (at least over here in europe) it was just not paying off, because you have to try hard to find paying costumer that drives a Pro 5.
JJ Wang was also at ETS Rd2.
Old 02-17-2016, 10:51 AM   #748
Tech Master

I'm sure neobuggy knows more than we do, but a statement from them like this doesn't bode well " – no one knows what the future holds for Ty as an HPI / HB driver with the future of the company looking bleak, that said Kyosho have their own secret weapon… "
If Tessmann ever leaves HB(which I hope not)...
Worse case scenario is that HB will be dissolved and HPI will join the ranks of Traxxas as a full time basher/RTR company.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:16 PM   #749
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

By the way, HPI was the basher company at the beginning, and HotBodies was the competitive branch...

At some point, the strategy was so blurry (especially with the return of a Pro5 instead of a new TCX-something) that everybody lost his way...

Where I live, where HB Europe is located, a lot of people are running HPI/HB chassis, but at a national level, it is a totally different problem and only few categories are represented (like Nitro offroad)...

But I must admit that I'm very curious about what is happening by HPI headquarters now...
Airwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 04:25 PM   #750
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
By the way, HPI was the basher company at the beginning, and HotBodies was the competitive branch...

At some point, the strategy was so blurry (especially with the return of a Pro5 instead of a new TCX-something) that everybody lost his way...

Where I live, where HB Europe is located, a lot of people are running HPI/HB chassis, but at a national level, it is a totally different problem and only few categories are represented (like Nitro offroad)...

But I must admit that I'm very curious about what is happening by HPI headquarters now...
HPI wasn't basher before HB. They had a very competitive Pro 2 TC. They were more race oriented earlier in their history. Eventually, they moved their race focused cars to HB. This never seemed like a good idea. Just splits up the image and brand.
SpidarX is offline   Reply With Quote