R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-21-2015, 01:09 PM   #646
Tech Regular

Next question can someone explain the bearing holders?...

The bearing holders in the kit are;

(Comments in brackets are my thoughts?)

50-0 - (Diff up or down?)
0 - (Middle base setting?)
0-25 - (Diff forward or back?)

But the setup sheets I am looking at have;

05-UP
05-Down

25-Up
25-Down
Old 11-22-2015, 12:28 AM   #647
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The droop is just measured off the setup board to the pin with a ruler. No blocks, though you could add 10mm to the settings if you want to use blocks

I think the setup sheet is a little confusing, they use the 50s at both ends of the car if they are raising or lowering the diff so just go off the up/down for the rear
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 02:58 AM   #648
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
The droop is just measured off the setup board to the pin with a ruler. No blocks, though you could add 10mm to the settings if you want to use blocks

I think the setup sheet is a little confusing, they use the 50s at both ends of the car if they are raising or lowering the diff so just go off the up/down for the rear
The setup sheet just confused me as it does not mention 50s at all and the 25s do not seem to alter the height at all. I have gone with 0 in the front and 50 down in the rear to start.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:36 PM   #649
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

We did our first shake down test over the weekend. The track is carpet 90'x40', medium traction, standard set up on page 28 of the manual. Only change was Silver springs up front. My son did all the driving /testing. First impression from him was that it was more stable than his previous car. He said he was able to push the car more around the track. He clocked his fastest time by the forth run. He actually did as quick as top Sportsman drivers that were currently running there. Oh BTW, he is 10.
One sad note, we end our day with a broken piece. But it is not what others are experiencing (C hub). He broke the steering block set (114547). It was a busy practice day with tons of cars on the track. With a few incidents, crashes and over shooting the corners (back straight follows by sharp chicane). I think it wasn't bad at all in regards to the car's reliability. Most important we had fun and not frustrating with set up or try to get the car to work.
Next is testing on Asphalt. We will be doing that soon and report back our findings
katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 10:09 AM   #650
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default C hu s type

Anyone here who tried the new chub?
politpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:08 AM   #651
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have it on ours. As mention in my previous post the new chub hold up. However, we broke the steering block instead. But that could be a fluke. For the chub, there were some hard hits that my son did and the new chub did not fail on us.
katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 05:38 PM   #652
Tech Elite

-Anyone running a 1 O-Ring shock setup?

-Any place in the states to get the 1.0 FF and 2.5 RR pivot blocks?

-Is there currently an Alloy Chassis available other than the HPI/HB one?

-Any plans to release solid one-piece FR and RF blocks?
ShaunMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 04:28 PM   #653
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

just out of total curiosity...

are any parts from the pro 5 compatible with any previous versions of the Cyclone? (ive got a Hara Cyclone).
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 05:30 PM   #654
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syber Serulean View Post
just out of total curiosity...

are any parts from the pro 5 compatible with any previous versions of the Cyclone? (ive got a Hara Cyclone).
Let's see... a lot of screws, shims and bearings of course. You could put the Pro-5 shocks on the O.G. Cyclone, but you need to use the 5.8mm shock ball to attach them. You could attach the Pro-5 arm, hub and block assembly on the Cyclone. Body posts, ball cups, ball-studs, springs, wheel hexes and wheel nuts transfer too!!!

That's just off the top of my head. If you're curious of a certain part let me know.
Old 12-04-2015, 06:05 PM   #655
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunMac View Post
Let's see... a lot of screws, shims and bearings of course. You could put the Pro-5 shocks on the O.G. Cyclone, but you need to use the 5.8mm shock ball to attach them. You could attach the Pro-5 arm, hub and block assembly on the Cyclone. Body posts, ball cups, ball-studs, springs, wheel hexes and wheel nuts transfer too!!!

That's just off the top of my head. If you're curious of a certain part let me know.
lol thanks. No its okay, I'm just trying to sell my Hara Cyclone and not having much luck with it. Need a new truck (1/1).
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 02:38 PM   #656
Tech Elite

Any updates on option parts availability in the US? "Order Pending" seems to be the ongoing theme at Hobbico.

Not much activity here either. Anyone running carpet this season?
Old 12-13-2015, 09:25 PM   #657
Tech Champion

Quote:
Any updates on option parts availability in the US? "Order Pending" seems to be the ongoing theme at Hobbico.

Not much activity here either. Anyone running carpet this season?
Yeah it's pretty quiet in here. No carpet racing in Oz really, it's always asphalt season! Jilles looked to have the car going well on carpet at ETS but missed out on the amain unfortunately.

What parts are you after? Amain look to have a decent amount of spares, but to get a 2.5 block I had to order from UK ($$).
Old 12-14-2015, 08:49 AM   #658
Tech Initiate

Jilles Groskamp at the ETS:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
andy3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:40 PM   #659
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Yeah it's pretty quiet in here. No carpet racing in Oz really, it's always asphalt season! Jilles looked to have the car going well on carpet at ETS but missed out on the amain unfortunately.

What parts are you after? Amain look to have a decent amount of spares, but to get a 2.5 block I had to order from UK ($$).
Mainly the FF/RR blocks. I'm good on spares. I'd like to see some lowered towers and some shorter shock bodies available. Items that relate to high-bite carpet racing.

If anyone has the aluminum chassis could you tell me how much it weighs or how much heavier it is than the stock chassis?
Old 12-14-2015, 09:50 PM   #660
Tech Champion

Speaking of blocks, can someone point me in the direction of the "old" 1.5 FR block that Freddy sometimes runs?

Quote:
Mainly the FF/RR blocks. I'm good on spares. I'd like to see some lowered towers and some shorter shock bodies available. Items that relate to high-bite carpet racing
I saw a pic of Andy's car from AOC running lowered towers with the short big bores off the old car so perhaps they are planning a release.