R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-24-2015, 09:19 AM   #571
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Won't be at HT this weekend, not sure when i'll get out there next.

Hiro- do you know of anyone that has option arm mounts in stock in US? Looking for .5 split blocks and the 2.5 RR mounts but Tower, Amain and others don't even show they will be selling the optional arm mounts?
Old 08-24-2015, 03:21 PM   #572
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

hi all, I'm tempted to get back into TC racing with a Pro 5, what I like is they don't release a TC every 15 minutes like some of the other brands. Gives you longer to learn the car and make it work for some of us "latest and greatest" guys out there.

I don't know much about sourcing parts though, the brand is not carried locally here in NSW in many places. I'm a big fan of the Japanese hobby shops and source a lot of my parts off them due to prices just being so good.

What are the main go to places for parts for the P5?
svndayNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:45 PM   #573
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzy1 View Post
Won't be at HT this weekend, not sure when i'll get out there next.

Hiro- do you know of anyone that has option arm mounts in stock in US? Looking for .5 split blocks and the 2.5 RR mounts but Tower, Amain and others don't even show they will be selling the optional arm mounts?
hi dizzy1,

only place you can find pro5 kit and its parts is Towerhobbies at the moment. If they don't have it in stock, we will have to wait until they have the parts in stock. I will also try to check why some of the parts are not on their website.

We are sorry for the problem but the parts should be available at towerhobbies soon.
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:17 PM   #574
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow View Post
hi dizzy1,

only place you can find pro5 kit and its parts is Towerhobbies at the moment. If they don't have it in stock, we will have to wait until they have the parts in stock. I will also try to check why some of the parts are not on their website.

We are sorry for the problem but the parts should be available at towerhobbies soon.
http://www.superiorhobbies.com/store...0+PRO5+4WD+Kit
Saw it the other day when I was picking up some knick knacks
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 08:11 PM   #575
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisgt2 View Post
The ones that came with the kit were not made from the correct material, the replacements will not break so easily.

Also, the TCXX hubs will fit but need shimmed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow View Post
Yes the c-hubs from tcxx also work on the pro5 but they will change geometry quite a lot. king pin position, axle height, track width, scrub radious will be changed so the droop setup, track width bed to be adjusted accordingly. However, the durability wouldn't change much by using tcxx hubs.

Thank you.
Chris, Hiro, aside from the C hubs, what other suspension part fits on the Pro5 from the TCX? Do the front and rear suspension arms fit, too? Spindles?? I know it will throw off the geometry. But I'm just wondering if I can interchange parts from the TCXX in a pinch.

Thanks in advance.
XRAY XB4 2017, Durango DEST210R, XRAY XB4 2014, Vaterra Slick Rock, Durango DEX210, SpeedMerchant REV4, HB TCX, Traxxas EMaxx, HPI RS4 Pro, Tamiya TA02, Yokomo YZ10, Associated RC10 Team Car, Bolink Eliminator 10, Kyosho Optima, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Grasshopper
theclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:59 PM   #576
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclutch View Post
Chris, Hiro, aside from the C hubs, what other suspension part fits on the Pro5 from the TCX? Do the front and rear suspension arms fit, too? Spindles?? I know it will throw off the geometry. But I'm just wondering if I can interchange parts from the TCXX in a pinch.

Thanks in advance.
Hi

Yes those all fit on the pro5, but the geometry will be way different especially by changing c-hubs from/to tcxx.

Thank you.
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:03 AM   #577
Tech Addict

For anyone that hates using battery tape, here is an easy fix. Personally i'm so used to the Awesomatix style mount i dreaded going back to tape. If you have some scrap carbon fiber and good with a dremel, pretty simple to do without effecting anything on the car. Made some 'L' shaped arms that go directly ontop of the box stock battery mounts. The front one has to have extra material removed to clear the steering arms. Also i elongated the holes to give some adjustment in and out of the arms. Replaced the 3x8 flat head screws with 3x15 flat head screws. Put a locknut on one end and i used Tuning Haus 15mm posts for the other. Then on top made some rectangular arms that screws to the post. You fine tune the height depending on the battery with shims under the carbon fiber. This way allows you to use the factory screws to adjust front/back, the middle screws to adjust in/out and the post shims to adjust up/down so the pack has about .2-.4mm of movement. Works perfectly!

Last edited by dizzy1; 08-30-2015 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Added pics
dizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 02:24 PM   #578
Tech Regular

Apologies if it's already in here but I'm buying the Pro5 this week and need to pick up some pinions and spurs. what is the internal ratio on this thing?
Old 08-30-2015, 04:36 PM   #579
Tech Addict

Internal is 2.0 (40t spool/diff and 20t spur pullies). For 17.5, safe spur for 48p is 70 tooth, let's you run 34 to 40 pinions.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:02 PM   #580
Tech Regular

I've run BD7's and 419's in the past I have a few. 2.0 is nice and easy. 48p in my opinion is for off road. 64p best for on road
THanks again

Dane
Old 08-31-2015, 08:26 PM   #581
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey! Does anyone have the HPI PRO 5 model made for RC CREW CHIEF?

PM me if you can

Last edited by EDWARD2003; 08-31-2015 at 08:37 PM.
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:53 PM   #582
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWARD2003 View Post
Hey! Does anyone have the HPI PRO 5 model made for RC CREW CHIEF?

PM me if you can
Ed do a Pro 5 vid please!
Old 08-31-2015, 10:58 PM   #583
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Someone willing to give me one? LOL

I do have a brand new 2014 BD7 Black Edition with Roche servo mount, DCJ's, and titanium screws. It's newly built and never run... Any takers for a Pro 5 swap?

Last edited by EDWARD2003; 08-31-2015 at 11:55 PM.
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 04:21 AM   #584
Tech Regular

So far I've been really impressed with the build of my Pro 5. Builds better than most others, Yokomo have a really nice little key on the left panel of the manual that shows part sizing. Not too much of a worry if it doesn't but if you're new i could imagine not the easiest build.

The steering post is too long so the steering arm has plenty of play in it up and down. Shimming doesn't work either as the 3X5 needs to push the arm down further onto the shaft. A little disappointing they over looked that as surely Andy or Gilles should have picked that up in development stages. Anyway, has anybody got a remedy? I.e. File the post down .5mm?

Lastly has anybody experimented with Acetone on their carbon chassis for CA glue runs? i'm not noob to building but i just got the angle wrong and got a hideous run across the top of the chassis. Seems a mixed bag when looking for remedies to get all the CA off the chassis. looking for takes on that too.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:22 AM   #585
Tech Addict

svndayNZ- for the steering posts, pick up HPI #Z852. They are 5x7x.2mm shims. Put just one shim on each post then slide on the steering arms. When you tighten up the screw, it takes all the slack out without binding the bearings.