R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-09-2015, 01:54 AM   #466
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeestraten46 View Post
I work at a local hobby shop here in minnesota and my distributers are saying mid june till i can see a pro 5. how can they say releaced in march if no one can get one till june?
I think they have super limited supply... you just have to wait for the next batch I've seen a few in "real life" so I can testify that the car exists for real

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 03:29 AM   #467
Bar
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
I think they have super limited supply... you just have to wait for the next batch I've seen a few in "real life" so I can testify that the car exists for real
Hpi UK has good stock, not sure about elsewhere

http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=114500
Old 04-09-2015, 04:19 AM   #468
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar View Post
Hpi UK has good stock, not sure about elsewhere

http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=114500
There's a few in switzerland too, I almost got my hands on one as I said, but I'll pass until some design features get changed!

http://overrc.com/courses/courses201...c21032015.html

do a ctrl-F on "Pro5" to go straight to the right pics. Bravo Georges btw

Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:34 AM   #469
Bar
Tech Regular

Quote:
There's a few in switzerland too, I almost got my hands on one as I said, but I'll pass until some design features get changed!

Paul
I run a Yok but it looks a good car to me and has some nice little features on it, have to wait and see what it goes like in club drivers hands
Old 04-09-2015, 05:57 AM   #470
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Chrisgt2 Send a message via Yahoo to Chrisgt2

Quote:

Paul

What design features are you referring to??! The car is awesome and builds better than any kit I've built.
It's fast right out of the box. I have 2.
Franchise Racing Products
The Raceway - Beaver, PA
Chrisgt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 06:33 AM   #471
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisgt2 View Post
What design features are you referring to??! The car is awesome and builds better than any kit I've built.
Glad to hear you have 2... although it does take out some of your unbiased credibility to be honest

2-pc motor mount is my biggest gripe... once you've tried 1-pc you dont go back. Same comment on the servo mount. No doubt the car will be fast, HPI/HB have an amazing on-road racing heritage (I loved my Cyclone Hara Ed. bitd and it was one hell of a car, although the rear diff was utter crap)! but these two (main) features are soooooo 2013, esp. at this price level.

Paul

Old 04-09-2015, 06:55 AM   #472
Tech Addict

Quote:
Glad to hear you have 2... although it does take out some of your unbiased credibility to be honest

2-pc motor mount is my biggest gripe... once you've tried 1-pc you dont go back. Same comment on the servo mount. No doubt the car will be fast, HPI/HB have an amazing on-road racing heritage (I loved my Cyclone Hara Ed. bitd and it was one hell of a car, although the rear diff was utter crap)! but these two (main) features are soooooo 2013, esp. at this price level.

Paul
The motor mount is one piece actually, there is a center post that attaches to the front of it.

I like the design of the servo mount, keyed carbon fits right and looks good. The HB Floating mount from the TCXX update kit would fit as well. Same bolt pattern and 1 piece.

I like to see it as owning two adds to my experience lol
I did pay for them, no free ride here! I wish!
The Raceway - Beaver, PA
Old 04-09-2015, 07:04 AM   #473
Bar
Tech Regular

Quote:
(Luke) doesn't the rear pivot block peg as well as screw to the chassis? not seen that before, there was a few other bits as well, it was just from having a conversation with someone who works at HPI.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:08 AM   #474
Tech Addict

Quote:
(Luke) doesn't the rear pivot block peg as well as screw to the chassis? not seen that before, there was a few other bits as well, it was just from having a conversation with someone who works at HPI.
Yes all of the arm mounts pin to the chassis which is great! I've noticed the split mounts on my TCXX would not always sit square.

The outer hinge pins are also unique in that they are captured by a set screw in the same hole they slide through.

The new diffs are super smooth using metal pins rather than the plastic "+"

There was a lot of thought put into this design
The Raceway - Beaver, PA
Old 04-09-2015, 07:30 AM   #475
Tech Elite

Quote:
The motor mount is one piece actually, there is a center post that attaches to the front of it.
yup - that's what I called 2-pc, the center post isn't just a center post, it's where the front of the motor mount also links with the chassis. That's a tweaking risk here. That's why yokomos and vbc's (dunno about the other ones but I'd be surprised if TRF isn't the same - my T4 '14 sure wasn't, I'm suspecting the T4 '15 isn't either) just have this part milled of one solid block.

Similar comment on the servo mount. On a hard hit, assuming your servo is still functional, the assembly can move. Most new top-of-the-line cars have 1-pc servo holders these days.

Still a good looking car tho! The hinge pin retaining trick is brilliant for sure as it doesn't bind the hinge.

Paul

Last edited by Lonestar; 04-09-2015 at 07:49 AM.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:46 AM   #476
Bar
Tech Regular

Quote:
yup - that's what I called 2-pc, the center post isn't just a center post, it's where the front of the motor mount also links with the chassis. That's a tweaking risk here. That's why yokomos and vbc's (dunno about the other ones but I'd be surprised if TRF isn't the same - my T4 '14 sure wasn't, I'm suspecting the T4 '15 isn't either) just have this part milled of one solid block.

Similar comment on the servo mount. On a hard hit, assuming your servo is still functional, the assembly can move. Most new top-of-the-line cars have 1-pc servo holders these days.

Still a good looking car tho!

Paul
going to one piece motor mount get's rid of a lot of flex in an area where flex is generally needed to give traction, which for normal conditions on Asphalt is not ideal. I have spoken to someone at Hpi about this and I was told they may do one as an option
Old 04-09-2015, 07:51 AM   #477
Tech Elite

Quote:
going to one piece motor mount get's rid of a lot of flex in an area where flex is generally needed to give traction, which for normal conditions on Asphalt is not ideal. I have spoken to someone at Hpi about this and I was told they may do one as an option
if there is flex IN the motor mount, that's an issue: both parts aren't supposed to move wrt each other, they are linked via FHS, but still unfortunately they can move. Agree on the flex being needed, but not between these two parts!!!

Old 04-09-2015, 08:16 AM   #478
Bar
Tech Regular

Quote:
if there is flex IN the motor mount, that's an issue: both parts aren't supposed to move wrt each other, they are linked via FHS, but still unfortunately they can move. Agree on the flex being needed, but not between these two parts!!!
I agree you obviously want the motor mount to be secure and not move, but you do still need some flex in that area, I am referring to the flex low down between the mount and the chassis which is a problem with a one piece motor mount, a problem the Xray doesn't have
Old 04-09-2015, 10:09 AM   #479
Tech Addict

It's really a non issue, this way you have the option of not running that post or removing that bottom screw.

The post is also pinned to the chassis.

You'll never have a tweak issue from that piece. Ever. If you do, you have bigger problems to solve.
The Raceway - Beaver, PA
Old 04-20-2015, 05:36 PM   #480
Tech Adept

what kind of tuning pieces are included in the kit? i see all sorts of arms and degreed blocks, which ones are needed immediately and what can be purchased over time?
zeestraten46 is offline   Reply With Quote