R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-02-2014, 02:12 PM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
Not going to happen, but I would love to see Hara run a Pro5 at the upcoming worlds. Then HPI release a HPI Pro 5 Hara Edition :P
Problem is that Hara is no longer part of HB/HPI. He's running on a short term contract with Yokomo now, but still pretty much on his own. Even Masayuki Miura left around the same time. If anything, it will be an Andy Moore edition.
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:20 PM   #32
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitamiya View Post
I just hope to see something different. The new TRF 419, BD7 2015, and Xray 2015 are all great cars, but they certainly carry the same outline as to how to build a touring car. It works, and I get that, but I really like that the A car took a very different approach which adds to the appeal of the car IMO.
Just like the evolution tree, the designs converge to the one with the most success. The rest goes extinct. Let's hope HPI/HB can make another branch that will survive.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:22 PM   #33
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpuressa View Post
Problem is that Hara is no longer part of HB/HPI. He's running on a short term contract with Yokomo now, but still pretty much on his own. Even Masayuki Miura left around the same time. If anything, it will be an Andy Moore edition.
I'm pretty sure he knew this fact it was wishful thinking. That's why I said black with pink since his running a black edition bd7 2014 last time I saw him.
porsche928gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:38 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

If I see an RTR or drift version of this im out. Nothing wrong with those, but a purpose built race chassis should be a dedicated thing.
The brighter the picture, the darker the negative. USVTA member #112
theproffesor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 03:51 PM   #35
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche928gs View Post
I'm pretty sure he knew this fact it was wishful thinking. That's why I said black with pink since his running a black edition bd7 2014 last time I saw him.
hehehe people I tell you
Hara probably is developing his own car after driving all the major brands. his venture with Yokomo might be a testing ground for new ideas. New car developed 100% by Hara, kinda like how JQ did in 1/8 nitro buggy. That's my wishful thinking.

As for the Pro5, really depends on how innovative it is. Might be interesting to use a hypoid gear to off-set the shaft for new layouts. Also liked the layout of the TA02 but probably won't work against the current designs.

For belts, not sure what else can they do with it. Pretty much either the current design or the Losi Type-R style. From the wording, it seems like they ditched the current cookie cutter designs so...
Old 10-02-2014, 04:05 PM   #36
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Awesomatix gave everyone what they had been asking for. A top level competition touring car with a brand new design. Few people were willing to pay to play with that car.... And just kept on with what they were using. So it's not that manufacturers aren't all following the same path in how to build a tc. Some of it is just that people don't want to pay for what they really want. Designing and manufacturing a newly designed car is expensive.

Really what I think I'm trying to say... I hope it's not to "new"
ThePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 04:33 PM   #37
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

OR maybe these racers like being told what to get to be part of the group.... Forget about originality !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePanda View Post
Awesomatix gave everyone what they had been asking for. A top level competition touring car with a brand new design. Few people were willing to pay to play with that car.... And just kept on with what they were using. So it's not that manufacturers aren't all following the same path in how to build a tc. Some of it is just that people don't want to pay for what they really want. Designing and manufacturing a newly designed car is expensive.

Really what I think I'm trying to say... I hope it's not to "new"
bertrandsv87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 04:59 PM   #38
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Maybe if its orange people will think its an xray and buy the shit out of it, no matter how much it cost. Those xray desciples will buy anything orange and believe its the newest most original design ever. If xray made a shaft drive, everything else even the pro4 and tc4 would be clones.
The brighter the picture, the darker the negative. USVTA member #112
theproffesor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:10 PM   #39
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i just hope this isn't another yokomo clone...
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:30 PM   #40
Tech Regular

Here's an HPI chassis, centralized battery, offset shaft, longitudinal motor....

Veteran Tamiya TA02 fan
Manny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:31 PM   #41
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Please let this be shaft drive..

JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:33 PM   #42
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
i just hope this isn't another yokomo clone...
Nah, they could've easily achieved that with a TCXX conversion.
Reminds me of the CR8 vs D812 debate where people assumed HB was going to co-exist two separate chassis for the same class. They had a situation where the CR8 was being developed, while HB was saying they will expand on the D8 platform. Ended up with the CR8 being canned.

This time, it looks like the TCXX to go out the door...
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:54 PM   #43
Tech Regular

Can touring cars be designed around a shorty lipo pack or do they have to be able to run a full size pack? If they redesigned the pro3 with a shorty lipo in mind, updated suspension, electronic rearrangement (ie servo in front of the batt) and all the new bits modern day tc have I think that would be an awesome car. I'm not talking about full plastic like the base pro3. I would want all aluminum and graphite like the Hara edition.
2uzferunner03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:57 PM   #44
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've been wondering when HPI would revive the old Pro series. I'm really happy to see this. I hope they stick with the purple color. I don't know why they went orange, when that's Xray's color.

Also, I'm curious why so many are wanting to see a shaft driven car. Is it because people want something different than what's out there, or because they believe a shaft drive would be better than belt?
SpidarX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:03 PM   #45
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2uzferunner03 View Post
Can touring cars be designed around a shorty lipo pack or do they have to be able to run a full size pack? If they redesigned the pro3 with a shorty lipo in mind, updated suspension, electronic rearrangement (ie servo in front of the batt) and all the new bits modern day tc have I think that would be an awesome car. I'm not talking about full plastic like the base pro3. I would want all aluminum and graphite like the Hara edition.
They could, but the car would weigh a bit less, and they would have a lot of unused chassis space. this would just be used up in weights. it would be interesting to see a car designed for a shorty though.
ThePanda is offline   Reply With Quote