R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-09-2014, 05:55 AM   #211
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yay TC innovation!!!! lol!!! Just another clone. Can't anyone build a better chassis than another 416 variation?
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:04 AM   #212
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

If that's the car that is pretty weak. I am all for new cars and improvements, but come on, don't send a press release saying the car is crazy innovative if its not. Just release the car like Tamiya/Yoko/Xray did and don't pretend it is something it is not.
That being said, I still hope its a competitive car and I do wish HPI well at the Worlds, the more new cars come out, the more on-road can try to make a come back.
PS - Wang's shell is sweet
Onroad - TRF 418 Samix VTA/TRF 419 USGT
Mitamiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:05 AM   #213
Tech Regular

Nothing against aeroace but I could go take a blurry pic in a dark room of my pro3 right now and post it on here. Where are the real/good photos?
2uzferunner03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:06 AM   #214
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Can't see much from a tiny, fuzzy, poorly lit picture. I will wait for the official release before I comment on it.

Carolinas R/C Track Directory - https://sites.google.com/site/carolinasrctracklocator/
DarthRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:21 AM   #215
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
Can't anyone build a better chassis than another 416 variation?
Yes. Can they do it and make enough profit to cover their costs? Don't know.

I'm with you that it would have been cool to do something different than what is the norm but I've seen it enough times in some of my other hobbies where people cry for innovation and when a company does something new it flops. The same people that want innovation seem to misplace their wallets when the product hits the streets. Maybe they don't want to look like fools when they can't fall back on what works with the old stuff? Perhaps they are just dreamers? Neither group puts creates the revenue a company needs to justify the expense. The people running Awesomatix are studs in my book because they couldn't just rely on what works on an XRay or whatever belt driven 416esque chassis they used to run. Hopefully Awesomatix is making a profit. Makes a much stronger business case for any other company thinking of taking a risk.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:37 AM   #216
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 351 (100%+)

Must wait and see, must see all details, must not be negative, must get lunch.....the anticipation made me hungry !
Old 10-09-2014, 06:37 AM   #217
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post

I'm with you that it would have been cool to do something different than what is the norm but I've seen it enough times in some of my other hobbies where people cry for innovation and when a company does something new it flops. The same people that want innovation seem to misplace their wallets when the product hits the streets. Maybe they don't want to look like fools when they can't fall back on what works with the old stuff? Perhaps they are just dreamers? Neither group puts creates the revenue a company needs to justify the expense. The people running Awesomatix are studs in my book because they couldn't just rely on what works on an XRay or whatever belt driven 416esque chassis they used to run. Hopefully Awesomatix is making a profit. Makes a much stronger business case for any other company thinking of taking a risk.
No debate there, my friend.The only issue I have is that HPI/HB said this was a "revolutionary" design. And they layout their vehicle like EVERYONE has since what, 2002? Just not a fan of BS marketing crap.I look at the PRO5, the same way as I see the Yokomo 12th scale program. Almost good, but just not quite viable in the real world. Get one decent driver, give him more batt/mot, and wins will come.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:52 AM   #218
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
No debate there, my friend.The only issue I have is that HPI/HB said this was a "revolutionary" design. And they layout their vehicle like EVERYONE has since what, 2002? Just not a fan of BS marketing crap.I look at the PRO5, the same way as I see the Yokomo 12th scale program. Almost good, but just not quite viable in the real world. Get one decent driver, give him more batt/mot, and wins will come.
The marketing becomes more over the top and exaggerated since these companies are trying to sell new version of essentially the same ancient designs. I'm with you. I get why they do it but it does come off as silly.

And to be fair, I'm in the group that loves innovation but sticks with the same stuff that has been around forever.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:05 AM   #219
Tech Apprentice

Bet it's a "black edition" tcxx'15 with orange details such as shims, damper adjustment rings and maybe something else, just because everyone else has done it and because the tcxx name has been bashed to pieces.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:30 AM   #220
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

+1 with maybe a couple "new" parts
The brighter the picture, the darker the negative. USVTA member #112
theproffesor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:34 AM   #221
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post

Every time I see an Awesome car at the local track, you can bet there is drool from me all over it.

....I love innovations....but I also own two TC6.2
Old 10-09-2014, 07:53 AM   #222
Tech Elite

I love the associated upper sway bar mount. A straight piece of wire connected by a solid bar. Its the only car that doesnt use innacurate bent wire. Cant forget about other companies though that have "new" ball bearing support sway bars. Because thats where my suspension tweak was coming from. Thanks for the innovation.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:42 AM   #223
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroace66 View Post
[/URL]

looks like traditional , just in black with little orange
It looks just like a Yokomo BD7 Black Ed.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:54 AM   #224
Tech Regular

Looks like practice round 1 Andy Moore is 11th fastest and JJ Wang 13th. Where are the pics?!?!?
2uzferunner03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:03 AM   #225
Tech Elite

They cant risk breaking the car during a photo shoot. They dont have the parts support.