Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What kind of RC magazine you read

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2001, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I wish the old Competition Plus was still around. They only covered racing and racing related stuff. You wouldnt see a review of the Tamiya Fierce Racoon review in there ever.
Old 10-07-2001, 09:11 AM
M 5
Tech Regular

We should change the topic to

"Who don't read RCcaraction?!"
Old 10-07-2001, 06:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

i read both rc car and rc casr action, but i like rc car better. the articles are more racer-friendly. rc car action leans more to the beginners. i like the rc car actions ads though. helps me decide on what to buy (as if i had money to buy eith in the first place )
Old 10-07-2001, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I actually have an R/C car action magazine subscription, but I'm not renewing it. I'm reading more and more out of High torques "R/C Car." I find it to have highly interesting articles, more information, senseable reviews, and its not loaded with ads every other page. I find R/C car action highly biased toward anything related to trinity products, trinity sponsered drivers, and there drivers cars ( you know the car brand I'm talking about, I'll leave it at that.)
I just want good, honest reviews for people who are not Pro drivers. The R/C car magazine rates everything in the old A-D school rating system, and cuts to the chase.
Old 10-07-2001, 06:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Losi?
Old 10-07-2001, 07:57 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I don't see what everyone's problem with Trinity is. I use Trinity products, and i will keep using Trinity products. The only trinity product i have had fail on my is a GM3, and thats no biggie. I'm also curious to see how you think RCCA is biased twards Trinity. I have my pile of magazines in front of me. Tell me the issue & page # please so i can see what you think is being "biased"
Old 10-07-2001, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

TSR6, Just keep reading them then! I'm not going to debate Trinity products, or each and every page, ( Heck, the first 5 pages are trinity ad's alone!) other people who Read R/C car action have said the same thing to me as well.
Sure R/C car action is baised towards Trinity products, can you name one article that R/C car has ever said about a Trinity product, "This product is subpar", No? They sure do when it comes to other manufactures they test. Some of which I bought anyway, and were more than satisfied. How about motor compairisions.......P2K, Orion Chrome article for example. Where's the Article on Reedy Ti motors compaired to D4's?
It's actually what they leave out that bothers me the most. There are really good products on the market, elitespeed, promatch, Reedy, Team Peak, Integy, Orion, That just dont get the limelight. Most of which are more affordable to the average racer. I guess they dont care since they get there stuff for free to test cars with.
And yes, I was talking about losi as well, (I do own 2 losi cars,as well as associated) I just cant believe they rated the XXX-S as high as they did! The results around here with the new XXX-S are no where near the hipe it was given.
Old 10-08-2001, 04:17 AM
M 5
Tech Regular

People say whenever RCCA gets a free car to review, they vote it high
Old 10-08-2001, 08:40 AM
RCTech Member #2

M5 - They get just about every car free...... and usually have to give it back. They had to give back the Tamiya TXT-1, untill they can get thier hands on a production unit. ( The one in Nov. is only the 2cnd TXT-1 to be made)

Tell me one Trinity product that is subpar? Please tell me... I just read a review that used SMH 3000's from Trinity, Something wrong with them that i don't know yet??? Now i turn to page 97, They used SMC 2400's in the review of the STR-4 Pro. Those are good cells, and i know it. I use them myself. They also used a Peak 13t motor in the review ( Hmmff... all Trinity... I think not! ) Page 104 - Megatech Megapax... Hmm....

Page 182... Oh no!! A Trinity motor review!!! Trinity Monster MAxx dyno test. Let me quote the final thoughts...
"and these motors would certainly benefit anyone who campains an e-maxx in any sort of competitive pulling or racing"
Guess what... They do have more torque & speed over the stock e-maxx motors. I have sold a pair of them to a couple guys, and they said it adds to the instant wheelie action of the E-maxx...

Now onto losi.. I own a XXX-S, and it rocks...nuff said..

I STILL don't see how RCCA favors Trinity... but i guess when you hate a company.... you hate anyone who says its good.

Please don't hate me.....................
Old 10-08-2001, 09:15 AM
M 5
Tech Regular

TSR6:
Go check out October issue Mega-Buck Trucks.
Maybe RCCA is not biased towards Trinity, just have a look at the tricked RC10GT truck, it don't even have a single piece of AE decal instead there are Trinity ones..
Old 10-08-2001, 09:31 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

as for the losi cars, i really think that RCCA favors losi. in the ep and gp offroad, they tested the rc10gt/t3, losi triple xt/nxt and the kyosho trucks, the all of the driver tested like the losi more then AE...that i think is werid and unbelievable, in all the offroad races, AE always came in first, losi was somewhere in third or second...how does that make it the best offroad when it rarely did won any races?

as for trinity, their products are really trick, i mean...really trick, with the graphite reamer, motor lathe, etc...but their price is way off...i could get a reamer or tool just as good as trinity for half priece or even more. i remember looking at the new nitro car that trinity made, the reflex. after looking at the car, i completely lost hope in trinity!! the car was just a fully hoped up V-One-R!! with Kyosho scratched off the parts and TRINITY printed on it...they even changed the fuel tank so its not as easy to reconise!! man...they are just stealers...steal other companies ideas and make them their own..its not fair!

i also notice on the oct issue of RCCA that every other car mentioned, or tested have very very little to do with trinity...where as, XXX-S, everything used was like from trinity...battery, motor, trinity stickers on shell, other cars uses team orian batt and motors, which really convinced me that RCCA is really bias!!
Old 10-08-2001, 09:32 AM
Regional Moderator

and there are way too many trinity ads and product review!!
Old 10-08-2001, 09:37 AM
Regional Moderator

i agree with m5: like....the car is from AE...and theres not a single EA sticker on the car....but instead...theres a big fat TRINITY sticker right in the middle of the shell...what is this? cant those ppl even stick AE stickers on the shelll...what...no space, well...im sure you could find one small enough to fit...

and all the other cars mentioned in RCCA has no trinity stickers, even when they use trinity fuel or batt, the dont have a single sticker, but as for losi, they have trinity all over the car....
Old 10-08-2001, 11:47 AM
RCTech Member #2

Remember, Trinity at one point had part of losi. I think they sold out to Horizon, i cant remember exactly what the deal was, but Trinity & losi are like this( TSR6 twists his fingers.. ). At one point, and i dont know if it is still like this... ernie was at the Losi just about every month.

Thats why all losi drivers use Trinity...
Old 10-08-2001, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

I also read RCCA, Extreme R/C, and RC Car.

I think Extreme and R/C Car are better magazines than RCCA. They are more informative and dont have all the ads.

Occasionaly, when i am at the bookstore, i read the British RC Car. Its ok, but RC Car America and RC Car British are partners now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.