a little boring but cool to see it run on a big outdoor track
Old 06-24-2015, 08:21 AM   #63
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetnjme View Post
GT12 video

out at Speedworld Raceway, 062115
That's great cornering speed for asphalt! What tire compounds did you use?
howardcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:40 AM   #64
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Box stock, 35 rear, 47 front, sauced with paragon black can maybe 10-15 minutes. I am very impressed with the kit setup, worked great
jetnjme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:40 AM   #65
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
GT12 video

out at Speedworld Raceway, 062115
Very nice!
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 02:06 PM   #66
Tech Champion

Well kids, I have the camera ready to go to do some filming. I know our crew is mostly in practice mode for the summer, but I'm trying to improve. Best way to do that is get some footage and see where I'm messing up.

film at 11.

I have the Mardave Assassins up to speed and performing at the same level. I'm doing 10 minute runs for consistency and spacing them out about 20 minutes between runs with both cars. That's enough time to check the car that came off for loosened screws and damage, clean it and start the charger. Then, do rollout and ride height checks and tire prep on the second car. These cars really are durable little buggers. I've gone through bodies and tires. Due to occasional poor judgement I snapped a steering arm, but not really broken anything major. I did find that if I didn't shave the front axles, they will grab on pipes and do very bad things. I should have known better. I now have a modded lower beam that will not twist and pop the kingpin out.

It is interesting watching this class explode in another country while we sit and wait for on road to do something in the US. Please Google GT12 and watch the Brits pound these things around. Notice they run 10 car heats that are 6 or 7 heats deep. Please waste 6 minutes of your time checking them out.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:49 AM   #67
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Well kids, I have the camera ready to go to do some filming. I know our crew is mostly in practice mode for the summer, but I'm trying to improve. Best way to do that is get some footage and see where I'm messing up.

film at 11.

I have the Mardave Assassins up to speed and performing at the same level. I'm doing 10 minute runs for consistency and spacing them out about 20 minutes between runs with both cars. That's enough time to check the car that came off for loosened screws and damage, clean it and start the charger. Then, do rollout and ride height checks and tire prep on the second car. These cars really are durable little buggers. I've gone through bodies and tires. Due to occasional poor judgement I snapped a steering arm, but not really broken anything major. I did find that if I didn't shave the front axles, they will grab on pipes and do very bad things. I should have known better. I now have a modded lower beam that will not twist and pop the kingpin out.

It is interesting watching this class explode in another country while we sit and wait for on road to do something in the US. Please Google GT12 and watch the Brits pound these things around. Notice they run 10 car heats that are 6 or 7 heats deep. Please waste 6 minutes of your time checking them out.
Still Uploading! Only a practice run and test of the camera. Need to set the file time to greater than 3 minutes. But, here is 3 minutes.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by liljohn1064; 07-15-2015 at 01:40 PM.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:18 AM   #68
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Talking

fantastic, love the POV cam. The track looks huge
Old 07-21-2015, 09:11 AM   #69
Tech Champion

Quote:
fantastic, love the POV cam. The track looks huge
It's huge. 19 second laps, some in the high 18s.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:27 AM   #70
Tech Champion

Over 1000 members. There must be something going on here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3364...comment_follow
Old 07-27-2015, 12:43 PM   #71
Tech Regular

LilJohn, that track looks awesome, looks really flowing and you could attack it, a real joy to drive I'm sure.
With your Mardave Assasins, are you running lipo in line or transverse, everyone at our club runs them transverse as I'm told it makes the car easier to drive. I run Schumacher GT so haven't tried it myself.
Badger5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 01:37 PM   #72
Tech Champion

The Assassins are both transverse battery. It keeps the balance back and a little extra weight on the rear wheels. The SSGT with low pivot conversion can hold it's own. That's what is great about this class. Pick a car, build it and have fun. I picked up the Mardave just to be different, but now very happy I've put the practice in.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:11 PM   #73
Tech Regular

I know it sounds weird but it seems that running the battery in the transverse position will give more steering as there is more weight transfer, even though there is more weight in the rear.
One of my friends has the Mardave with battery in line, he brought a Zen and found the Mardave quicker for him as it's easier to drive, and this guy is a regular A finalist at our club. I did see Chris Wilkinson (owner of Mardave) try some new set ups for transverse battery but not sure how he got.

Yes the Schuey with low roll centre is good, need to run softer tyres but can run faster corner speeds without the risk of grip rolling.

The GT12 Facebook page also has a lot of good set up and advice files, well worth a look. Another thread to look at for info is here;

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165755
Badger5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 04:54 AM   #74
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default this fall?

We should have about 20 or more show up for racing as soon as the weather goes south.

Like my Schuey by the way, plenty fast.
"Soon they will get everything they deserve. This isn't about trite elitism, but the otherwise intellectual and educated classes refusing to think for themselves. I call it situational ignorance, and painfully intolerable."

Stan Garvin
celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:37 AM   #75
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger5 View Post
I know it sounds weird but it seems that running the battery in the transverse position will give more steering as there is more weight transfer, even though there is more weight in the rear.
One of my friends has the Mardave with battery in line, he brought a Zen and found the Mardave quicker for him as it's easier to drive, and this guy is a regular A finalist at our club. I did see Chris Wilkinson (owner of Mardave) try some new set ups for transverse battery but not sure how he got.

Yes the Schuey with low roll centre is good, need to run softer tyres but can run faster corner speeds without the risk of grip rolling.

The GT12 Facebook page also has a lot of good set up and advice files, well worth a look. Another thread to look at for info is here;

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165755
Thanks for the Oople link. I'm on the Facebook page! The files section is indeed a great resource for all the cars.