R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-08-2015, 07:50 PM   #46
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It's still growing here. Easily one of the most durable, driveable racing classes in 13.5 1s blinky. Our local hobby shop now carries Schumacher SupaStox kits and spares. Stormer is also carrying them. Over 25 racers and averaging 14 or 15 a week with more on the way. This class is huge in the UK and starting to spread through Europe. Search YouTube for some great racing action.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:10 AM   #47
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

finally finished my supastox GT build (box stock S1), with one carpet race left, I hope to get a few interested in order to have a class next season. In the mean time, I will be running outdoor on very smooth asphalt at Speedworld Raceway in Roseville ca.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:36 AM   #48
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetnjme View Post
finally finished my supastox GT build (box stock S1), with one carpet race left, I hope to get a few interested in order to have a class next season. In the mean time, I will be running outdoor on very smooth asphalt at Speedworld Raceway in Roseville ca.
Very cool!

It would be great if this class continue growing all across the US. Right now at MARCCA in Madison, WI we have something like 30 guys with GT12s, we only see half show up on a given race day but still our strongest class!

Will you be going with the 13.5T/1S power combo that is designated by the BRCA?
OrganicMechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:52 AM   #49
Tech Regular

that is fantastic, 2+ full heats..

yes, going to use BRCA rules, being the only one here with a gt12 it will be easy to set the ground rules. I may build 2 more just so I can have a class, may be hard to drive them all at once lol, I'm sure I can get a few people to drive them.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:46 AM   #50
Tech Champion

Quote:
that is fantastic, 2+ full heats..

yes, going to use BRCA rules, being the only one here with a gt12 it will be easy to set the ground rules. I may build 2 more just so I can have a class, may be hard to drive them all at once lol, I'm sure I can get a few people to drive them.
Very cool! We started with the BRCA rules set and haven't looked back. Like OrganicMechanic said, we have a lot of cars and continue to grow and few of us have at least 2. I'm down to 3 with a trade for my original Supastox to our LHS owner for his daughter to have a car! I have one set up as the "Rent a Racer" to let racers try the class. I'm trying to get Paul L to stop by and run a day with us. He's just over an hour east of us. Imagine what the class would do if XRAY decided the class was something to back. As I see it, this is a great way to revive 12th scale and when you get 8 or more of these on the track at once all about equal speed, you have excellent racing.

I currently get to drive an Assassin. The Mardave Assassin. It took a few emails to get one shipped here, but glad I did. There are at least 5 MFGs with Schumacher and Mardave being the big producers. The Trackstar Gen II 1S for under $50 is the real deal, so initial setup of a car isn't a wallet buster. Tires last 3 or 4 weeks or more and with proper care (or rubbing against pipes) aren't prone to chunking.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:30 PM   #51
Tech Fanatic

Video from our latest BRCA GT Nationals. 70 entries for GT12 - the class is thriving and growing. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHdD5PZzxnU
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:31 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Great to see the class 'going overseas'. It's a really successful series here in the UK now. I've been racing for 20 years and recently got into GT12 with the Schumacher supastox GT. Absolutely loving it. I've just put the low roll centre conversion kit on the car - wow what a difference!!
Serpent Viper 977e EVO2, Serpent 977 EVO2 GP, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:52 PM   #53
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerOne View Post
Video from our latest BRCA GT Nationals. 70 entries for GT12 - the class is thriving and growing. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHdD5PZzxnU
Wow, that's a big track!
howardcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:11 PM   #54
Tech Regular

Fantastic video
jetnjme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:56 AM   #55
Tech Regular

Good to see this class growing outside the UK. At my local indoor clubs we regularly have three heats of GT12 and this seems to be still growing, especially for newbies and juniors as well as experienced racers. I know have several guys from my 1/10th local off road track that also race 1/8th and you would never think would race on road joining us in GT12 and loving it.

I have been using the low roll centre conversion for my SupaStox GT and find its better to run softer tyres, currently using 45F and 35R and can carry more corner speed than kit. If you're using the lipo strap the posts will not work anymore as they are too tall and the strap will not touch the lipo. I use Schumacher K1 steering pivots U4180 which are just the right height, you could also cut down the posts supplied with the lipo strap to suit.
Badger5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:08 AM   #56
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger5 View Post
I have been using the low roll centre conversion for my SupaStox GT and find its better to run softer tyres, currently using 45F and 35R and can carry more corner speed than kit. If you're using the lipo strap the posts will not work anymore as they are too tall and the strap will not touch the lipo. I use Schumacher K1 steering pivots U4180 which are just the right height, you could also cut down the posts supplied with the lipo strap to suit.
I ended up improvising on the low pivot kit by running long screws up from the bottom and then using a spacer and nyloc to get up to the battery height and then thumb screws to hold down the lipo brace. Very nice upgrade indeed!
Old 05-18-2015, 07:03 PM   #57
Tech Champion

It's been a while, but we're still running! We're finding that these cars have such a good balance of weight and power that the racing is hard to beat. We now have 3 manufacturers represented. Pretty cool.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:23 AM   #58
Tech Regular

Talking

anyone near Sacramento get a GT12 together yet? Running outdoor this Sunday (Father's Day) out at Speedworld
Old 06-18-2015, 09:15 AM   #59
Tech Champion

Quote:
anyone near Sacramento get a GT12 together yet? Running outdoor this Sunday (Father's Day) out at Speedworld
Have fun!
Old 06-22-2015, 10:17 AM   #60
Tech Regular

Talking

I have a few videos of yesterdays practice out at Speedworld Raceway, fabulous outdoor asphalt track. once I get to wifi they will load and Iíll post a link. My supastox GT was box stock and ran fantastic, great corner speed, nice infield and top speed, tapped a few walls, nothing come loose or broke. motor stayed nice and cool, run time was so long