Wiki Posts
Search

ORCA TI

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default ORCA TI

Orca TI - What's the difference? I can't seem to pull up much information about it.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Never heard of it before your post. http://www.rctech.net/forum/rcmart-c...540-motor.html

Looks like its been out a while though. Maybe Its a version specific for TITC?
Old 09-18-2014, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Found this as well.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/malaysia...orca-asia.html

Originally Posted by TeamORCA Asia
With another new year, ORCA has again having its range of products refreshed and updated for the 2014 year. ORCA being one of the most stable brand in RC having only to update its product on a yearly cycle, is ready for the new year.

ORCA after its success in TITC 2013, supplying motors for the 13.5T boosted class, ORCA is proud to be the official motor for the 2014 year. ORCA has decided to give its users a brand new motor to compete with in 2014. Introducing the Ti Series of motor.

The Ti motor is a totally new motor running a brand new design and giving all racers a new motor to look forward to for the new year. With a new more economical pricing and having the ORCA brand backing it, it is sure to be a formidable motor to have in 2014. Please contact your LHS for details and pricing.

To power the motor, ESC is not the only thing that is important. ORCA Infinite series of batteries have prove to be one of the most successful series of batteries in the RC industry giving the most power and reliability to the racers. ORCA has gone out and out done itself again with the Infinite ULTRA series of batteries.

Coming in the 6200mah 90C and 7500mah 90C varient giving the user the choice of ultimate in both categories of power to weight ratio. The 6200 90C is the most powerful battery in its class and has the best power to weight ratio, but if the ultimate power is your goal, then the 7500 90C is for you. It gives the user the ultimate power from any battery in the industry. The new batteries coming in a Chrome and Black design to accentuate the new look and also the new battery casing is not infused with its titanium gray colour to minimize the wear and tear that RC brings to the product, keeping the product looking better longer.

Contact your LHS to find out more.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, I just ordered one. However, information is sparse as for whether or not it has timing advance, KV, ect, ect. I guess it wasn't a smart move on my part.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:32 PM
Tech Adept

I have ask Keith about the TI motor at the beginning of the year ...

His answer :

TI motor is a special spec motor for this year TITC. The motor is not a roar spec motor. We are not selling it in North America.
Not sure if it's the same motor but ...
Old 09-18-2014, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

The ORCA TI's timing is locked. I've returned that motor..
Old 09-19-2014, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

The earlier production had adjustable timing.
TITC spec motors were fixed timing.
This motor may never see ROAR or IFMAR approval probably due to its stator inside diameter being too small. ROAR requires a 12.5mm diameter measuring plug to fit into the stator but the inside diameter is less than that.
Having said that, this is an exceptionally powerful motor!
Old 09-20-2014, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

ORCA Ti is an outlaw motor..has a 12.0mm very strong rotor magnet.measure with LiPo 8.4v powered Extreme Motor Checker the reading is 2.3A and 3.2xx kV.the speed is crazy in 13.5 boosted class..no roar approved motor can compete.