Community
Wiki Posts
Search

proper way to turn on tx and rx?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 12:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Post proper way to turn on tx and rx?

What is the proper way to turn on and turn off my rc car?
Old 09-08-2014, 12:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Wink

Always turn your Tx on first before your run , and turn your TX off last after your run....
Old 09-08-2014, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Always turn your Tx on first before your run , and turn your TX off last after your run....
+1

It is also a good idea to have your car on a stand with the wheels NOT touching anything in case you are having issues with the RX/receiver. This was more of an issue with AM/FM radios where you can get interference if someone else is running on your frequency. By having the car sitting on a stand (or even turned upside down), you will eliminate the risk of the car driving away if there is an issue.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NewXGen
What is the proper way to turn on and turn off my rc car?
If you are running KO, turn on radio, then car, the wait for it to bind.. fail, then try again, then walk far enough away from any other transmitters (possibly go outside) then try again. Eventually after numerous attempts it *might* bind.

I run Sanwa, so, turn either on first, race, then turn either off first again.

I often put my car down and check throttle steering, then turn off my tranny whilst I walk up on the stand (in case I knock the throttle etc) then turn my radio back on once I'm in position.

Since going to Sanwa I haven't had a single glitch, runaway or radio failure or interference in any way, and I have my aerial leads tied back and shoe goo'd to the side of the receiver case so no aerial tube either

2.4GHz receivers should simply go into failsafe mode if the signal is lost or turned off. SO it shouldn't matter what you do, unless you're running KO.

Skiddins

P.S. And yes, I did used to run a KO
Old 09-08-2014, 02:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the replies.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:17 AM
Tech Addict

Also, TEST your failsafe. I found out the hard way when the RX Arial fell off.
With the car on the stand, give it a bit of throttle & hold it there, so the wheels/motor are turning.
Turn off the radio with the throttle still on.

The cars motor should stop as soon as you turn off the radio, if it doesnt then failsafe isnt set correctly.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:16 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
If you are running KO, turn on radio, then car, the wait for it to bind.. fail, then try again, then walk far enough away from any other transmitters (possibly go outside) then try again. Eventually after numerous attempts it *might* bind.

I run Sanwa, so, turn either on first, race, then turn either off first again.

I often put my car down and check throttle steering, then turn off my tranny whilst I walk up on the stand (in case I knock the throttle etc) then turn my radio back on once I'm in position.

Since going to Sanwa I haven't had a single glitch, runaway or radio failure or interference in any way, and I have my aerial leads tied back and shoe goo'd to the side of the receiver case so no aerial tube either

2.4GHz receivers should simply go into failsafe mode if the signal is lost or turned off. SO it shouldn't matter what you do, unless you're running KO.

Skiddins

P.S. And yes, I did used to run a KO
That's the old KO system Damian, I should know I had one lol, the problem with the old one was the time it would take for the receiver to bind with the radio. I had no issues at club meetings because I could be next to my car to turn it on. The problem for me came at bigger meetings where you have someone else put your car on and you don't switch on till you are on the rostrum it just simply wouldn't bind a lot of the time especially if there was a lot of 2.4ghz equipment being used at the same time. I now use the new system which has no issues, hard to believe that Andy Moore won the world championship with the old system!